Search results

1. Aesica

What do you find missing in the MZ editor?

What's missing? A button to disable auto shadows.
  2. Aesica

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

Basically, die() is a cleanup function invoked as a result of adding state 1 to the target, not as a way to add state 1 to the target. When invoked directly from the console: As you can see, the enemy is still there. You can't collapse it away via x.performCollapse() and checking its states...
  3. Aesica

Oh yeah, if this skill can be resisted/reduced in any way, it's not going to kill the target. If you want to ensure the enemy dies every time, there's a bit more to add OR you could just replace b.hp with some huge number like 9999. If you use yanfly's action sequences, it's possible to make...
  4. Aesica

Idea: Rare rewards based on how much the player over-damages enemies.

I've seen this used in a few games, but seriously it's a lot less cool or fun than it sounds on the idea board. Why (I think) it's not that great in practice: It's a form of battle performance rating that soft-punishes the player for barely scraping by/being underleveled while rewarding being...
  5. Aesica

what kind of titles makes you give games a chance?

I don't pay attention to the titles so much as the characters, the plot overview, and (to me, most importantly) the batlte system. Your game title could be "Generic Quest" and I'd still play it if the above-mentioned things look interesting.
  6. Aesica

I had a feeling it might be failing at the enemy level check, hence the console log test. While enemies don't have levels by default, but you can still use that tag to make the comparison as though they did: a.level > (+b.enemy().meta.Level || 1) ? b.hp : 0 Try that. No plugin even required...
  7. Aesica

Put a console.log("enemy killed") or something statement in place of the b.die() statement to make sure the code is even being reached. If you use the skill and don't see "enemy killed" in the debug console after using the skill on an enemy it should work against, then you're somehow...
  8. Aesica

Luckily, Javascript integers are 53 bits so there's a fair amount of room for growth there. :D
  9. Aesica

It sure would be nice if tilesheet sizes weren't fixed height wo we could add new rows to them like we can with icon sets.
  10. Aesica

RMMV Community Lighting MV & MZ

Yeah, use the "Tint set #rrggbb" plugin command in MV (change #rrggbb to a color of your liking) or the set tint plugin command in MZ. Have these executed on a self-terminating event that autoruns on the desired map, something like this: Plugin Command : Tint set #ff0000 Erase Event Note that...
  11. Aesica

AES_MZ_CustomMp - Customize the "MP" resource on a per-class basis

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. If there's some way in the VS plugins to set conditional checks for displaying the icon and you're comfortable with a little javascript, you could always create a custom note tag, such as <Custom MP Icon: 12345>, then check for that note tag with something...
  12. Aesica

Is it okay to include our own kinks in our games? (16+ ONLY)

All right, that does it. My next game is going to have a female protagonist and all the other party members are going to be shirtless, muscular males. Additionally, most monsters will be of the tentacle-having variety, all armor will be leather and/or officer hats, whips will be the main...
  13. Aesica

Make sure all your ()s are closed and such. That's usually where those come from.
  14. Aesica

Aesica's Lame RTP Edits and Etc.

Added a few more things: Lots of chests and some modified...monitor tiles? I always saw those as a sort of screen display tile, so now it comes in animatable static and several varieties of BSOD. And a beach ball for kicks--literal or figurative.
  15. Aesica

Oh and another thing I didn't notice right away: Number(x); +x; ...are both the same thing. The latter is just shorter to write and easier to read.
  16. Aesica

For the parts that parse the note tags, it's probably best to leave id for last so that it doesn't potentially gobble up one of your x or y offsets for lights where the user doesn't want an id. Here's what I mean: Change this else if (x.length > 0 && this._clId === undefined)...
  17. Aesica

Deciding optimal screen resolution

I'm going to be just one more person chiming in to recommend 1104x624. It's the best way to get a proper widescreen resolution with as little fuss as possible since it's so close to RM's "native" resolution. I could go into the details, but it looks like everyone else has already done that...
  18. Aesica

RMMV MV and MZ plugin compatibility

I've noticed that this is also mostly true of battle-oriented plugins that focus on battler-to-battler interactions, since those appear to have hardly changed at all.
  19. Aesica

RMMV MV and MZ plugin compatibility

Very few plugins are going to be perfectly compatible with both versions. If it has plugin commands, then you can be guaranteed it'll be at least partially incompatible.
  20. Aesica

AES_MZ_CustomMp - Customize the "MP" resource on a per-class basis

Good catch, thanks for finding that. Should be all good now!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:
Sigony wrote on Ksi's profile.
Just wanna say that I love your videos.
When are you fighting Floyd Mayweather?
A game is a lot like pasta.
Pasta is technically edible after a few minutes of boiling, if a bit chewy, not very nice.
If you cook it with patience, perhaps with some oil, at a rolling boil in salted water, drain it and add a nice sauce with some roasted vegetables, and present it on a beautiful plate, with beautiful cutlery on a beautiful table in a beautiful restaurant with beautiful sounds and scents; VERY NICE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nuxie