Search results

1. Cythera

RMMV I need help with <custom react>

Try this (it goes in a state notetag) : <Custom Respond Effect> if(this.item().damage.elementId = x) { target.startAnimation(y); } </Custom Respond Effect> Change x to the element ID in your database Change y to the animation ID you want to play on the target Let me know if that helps!
  2. Cythera

September 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Finish drawing my SV battlers >.> Oof, it's painful...artists, you have my full respect; I could never do what you guys do as a hobby or as a job! Oh, also, add more lil NPCs to my game. That's just as painful, actually. Better go make some super bosses to balance painful stuff with fun stuff!
  3. Cythera

Dungeon Encounters: Infinite vs. Finite number

I personally use on-map encounters that respawn after X amount of time when you defeat them - so, infinite encounters in a way? I do this for 2 reasons: 1. Every player wants to play a different way - some want to grind and level up to crazy levels; that's fun to them. So, farm away! 2. On-map...
  4. Cythera

Yah, I'm super excited for it. Unsubscribing from my contact lenses provider will be so...

Yah, I'm super excited for it. Unsubscribing from my contact lenses provider will be so satisfying haha! The bill afterwards, not so much...:kaocry:
  5. Cythera

Finally getting Lasik tomorrow! Sadly that means I need to take a few days off game development...

Finally getting Lasik tomorrow! Sadly that means I need to take a few days off game development :'( I wonder what normal vision is like...
  6. Cythera

Yeah... that probably makes more sense than whatever 'system' I have :3

Yeah... that probably makes more sense than whatever 'system' I have :3
  7. Cythera

If you can actually turn that into a word, or even two words! I'll be thoroughly impressed!

If you can actually turn that into a word, or even two words! I'll be thoroughly impressed!
  8. Cythera

How I label my code: Meticulous, coherent comments clearly describing the code and its function...

How I label my code: Meticulous, coherent comments clearly describing the code and its function. How I name my game files: 'R-RS_K--A_M'. What is it? I have no idea. It's a character sprite page, but where are they? What are they? I'll never know.
  9. Cythera

Making an RPG is a lot like playing an RPG. 'Okay, so the main quest is - OOOOHHHH, side quests...

Making an RPG is a lot like playing an RPG. 'Okay, so the main quest is - OOOOHHHH, side quests and mini games!! <3'
  10. Cythera

RMMV Origin Hunt

Thanks @Kupotepo ! Those have actually been fixed, but I didn't feel some passable issues warranted a whole game update haha. All the goodies in the storage shed are on the other shelves, so if choose to steal from the poor town even after the guy asked you not to take any of the limited...
  11. Cythera

What resources do you use for skills in your game?

I use a few resources, depending on the skill type: 1. Physical skills; cooldowns 2. Magical skills; MP costs. Some have HP costs - this HP cost magic skills are used to restore the user's MP, so it's a trade thing going on 3. Soul skills; Soul Points (TP system renamed) These are kind of like...
  12. Cythera

"Who made this stupid, overly-complicated maze-and-puzzle nonsense with encounters throughout...

"Who made this stupid, overly-complicated maze-and-puzzle nonsense with encounters throughout it?! I want to punch them - oh. Whoops..." I think we go there in our quest to make a challenge for the player, forgetting that if a section of our game is difficult for us, most players will find it...
  13. Cythera

*Free notification* :kaopride:

*Free notification* :kaopride:
  14. Cythera

Your Favorite Thing to do in Games?

Achievements <3 Character customizing - okay, more like weapon customizing. Give me that Deadly Death Sword of Doom! Battles...kind of. I like a challenge, so I usually charge headfirst into boss battles, underlevelled, under-equipped, and with only 2 potions I enjoy a solid storyline as well...
  15. Cythera

Oh no! We've all been there, bg :3 The worst is the panicking you do trying to find and then...

Oh no! We've all been there, bg :3 The worst is the panicking you do trying to find and then solve the problem, only to realize it was a beginners' mistake. Congrats, you win shame! Please insert 5 hours to play again.
  16. Cythera

I is master? Awwwww <3 I know what ya mean though, haha. Just an embarrassing brain-dead moment!

I is master? Awwwww <3 I know what ya mean though, haha. Just an embarrassing brain-dead moment!
  17. Cythera

RMMV Origin Hunt

~~I wanted to post a bit of a spoiler/teaser of something I've been working on recently: A fast travel system! This thing has stalled my progress on my game for so long, since it's so...graphics-heavy...my worst enemy... But now it's well on its way, and I wanted to post it here! So, hype...
  18. Cythera

*Adds new plugin to game* *Tests new plugin on old save file* *panics when it doesn't work...

*Adds new plugin to game* *Tests new plugin on old save file* *panics when it doesn't work, spending 45 minutes combing through code and praying it isn't a compatibility issue* So. I done good. I forgot the beginner rules of plugin use. >.>
  19. Cythera

RMVXA Sundew Nightmare: The Omega Cut

Good, there's other endings! :3 I've heard (fortunately never played...) of games that add a cheek 'Ending A' text, when it's the only ending, and I feel that's a really cruel way to add 'replay' factor - super happy that's the not the case here!
  20. Cythera

Post your old project screenshots!

Ooohhh boy, when I first started in MV, thinking my first game was going to be the game, I was bloody awful at mapping. At least 5 maps come to mind right away, but I'll post probably the biggest change...the world maps.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just got two Switch E-Shop 20$ gift cards... Is 3D All-Stars worth it? Or should I get something like Celeste? I'd love to know your opinion!
I’m looking at the MZ full body images and I think Priscilla is taller than Reid...
Ami
--- Music Selection ---

M.Archer: It's Music Station,You can Change the Music as you like.
F.Healer: i want to hear the Romantic Music.
M.Fighter: Then,i want the Hard-Rock one!
(the Troll Song has played)
M.Archer: Hey,i hear this Music.
F.Healer: It's popular from Internet Music,i wonder who change it?
Hero: I change it.
Entire Party: YOU????
Had a soda for the first time in two months at my nephew's birthday party...it's amazing how once you are no longer addicted to soda, they actively taste like poison when you try to drink them. Couldn't even finish it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGeneral50