Search results

1. watermark

Well...I think childhood really defines what beauty is for everyone. For example I may never...

Well...I think childhood really defines what beauty is for everyone. For example I may never understand the fashion sense of grandma. Something I may look at in horror she might genuinely think is beautiful. And we will both be right.
  2. watermark

That's a great point. I recently kicked up the old emulators and played some of the classics...

That's a great point. I recently kicked up the old emulators and played some of the classics that I loved...and found that they weren't as great as I remembered them to be. And not newbie friendly, hard to figure out what you can do. Then I remembered that back then I had Nintendo Power to teach...
  3. watermark

You can take a look at @Frogboy 's plugins. He's implemented a bunch of D20 stuff that's useful...

You can take a look at @Frogboy 's plugins. He's implemented a bunch of D20 stuff that's useful for making DnD games.
  4. watermark

Totally unofficial thread on RM RPGs you should play

You made Alagard?! That's an awesome font! One of my favs.
  5. watermark

Totally unofficial thread on RM RPGs you should play

So I'm in the mood to play a RM RPG again. I actually haven't done that in a long time, and I kinda lost touch with what's good out there these days. Now, by RPG I mean a more or less traditional JRPG styled game, with battles, level ups, and dungeon crawls. So no horror, adventure, strategy, or...
  6. watermark

Which RPGMaker engine did you start with?

I first made a demo with 95, but Don Miguel's 2k was when I got serious and started spending hundreds of hours on RM.
  7. watermark

Why do programmers use Rpg Maker?

RM is still one of the quickest and easiest tools for certain types of games. As someone who knows how to program, it can be incredibly time consuming to code even really simple things in one of the big engines. More time is also sucked away during the obligatory debugging process, especially...
  8. watermark

Your diet and lifestyle

So I've been reading up and watching videos of stuff by Ben Greenfield, who seems to know quite a lot about food and health. Although, I've found that there are people who accuse him of being fake and his advice useless to dangerous pseudoscience. It seems to me that some of the stuff he says...
  9. watermark

Is MZ faster or more stable than MV on mobile?

Thank you guys for all the great info! It's sad to hear this as an optimized experience for mobile was the top feature I looked forward to on MZ. I had expected it to perform much better on mobile. Having published games on the mobile using MV, I know that while it works okay on the maps, there...
  10. watermark

Is MZ faster or more stable than MV on mobile?

Did anyone get a chance to try MZ on iOS or Android? Is it faster or more stable than MV? Since it had a code overhaul it sounds like it should. Much appreciated it if someone's experimented on this.
  11. watermark

Too busy to touch RM in months. Starting to miss it. Can probably come back in winter.

Too busy to touch RM in months. Starting to miss it. Can probably come back in winter.
  12. watermark

Ooh, Might and Magic! One of my fav classics. Good times. Good luck with your project!

Ooh, Might and Magic! One of my fav classics. Good times. Good luck with your project!
  13. watermark

It's a universal writer's problem. :p We all do it.

It's a universal writer's problem. :p We all do it.
  14. watermark

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

So according to Archeia's faq MV plugins won't work? Darn that's not good. So far, MZ engine isn't that appealing to me. Maybe if there's a big sale then maybe. But I don't think I will pay full price for it because it doesn't seem to be significantly better than MV.
  15. watermark

Why are "School" stories so popular?

@Tai_MT Well...Battle school is like say...West Point. It's military, but still mainly a place of learning. And not to spoil the ending, but you notice the teachers go to great lengths to emphasize that the students are just doing "exercises" and "simulations" so as to prepare them for the...
  16. watermark

A random skill

Yeah sounds fun! I would use it.
  17. watermark

Why are "School" stories so popular?

If you look at some of the best sellers for young adults across mediums, the school theme dominates. Best selling YA novel: Harry Potter. Kid goes to magic school. ... and Divergent, Ender's Game, Lightning Thief (well, camp, but it's basically the same thing). Best selling anime: Naruto. Kid...
  18. watermark

Advice from Making Indie Games that Sell

@jkweath Actually the guy showed statistics collected using Steam Spy and other tools, which I assume is real to the best of his ability. As you can see below, an M rated game makes X times that of an E rated game assuming the data is valid. What I liked about this talk was that the guy didn't...
  19. watermark

Advice from Making Indie Games that Sell

So I watched this talk: According to this guy, in order to make a game with the best revenue on Steam, you should: 1. Make a game that's moddable. 2. Make it multiplayer (but not local 4 player) 3. Make an action RPG, First Person Shooter, or City Builder. 4. Make a longer game as longer games...
  20. watermark

Game romance that's not your type?

@Kupotepo Hahaha, no I'm not planning to make an adult game anytime soon. Oh I have nothing against them, but currently I don't have a good idea for one. And since I can't draw, I'll have to pay for art, which won't happen if I don't think the game will be profitable. I am actually asking this...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripleydx