Search results

1. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Window_Message: Weird spacing between first and second line of message?

Don't be fooled by the fancy window skin or floating position- the image above shows a standard Window_Message with the only caveat being that the Bitmap.prototype.drawText() function usually used to render the letters has been replaced by a custom Bitmap.prototype.drawBmpFontText() function...
  2. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Window_ChoiceList Cursor

What do I need to rewrite to change the Window_ChoiceList (Show Choices) cursor so that it uses a larger cursor image that is not part of the system/Window.png spritesheet? Thanks :) Also: Is it possible to have the Window_ChoiceList window overlap the Window_Message window without erasing the...
  3. aporokizzu

What happens between $gameMessage.add() and Window_Base.processNormalCharacter()?

I'm trying to better understand the process for displaying text messages- so, I'm wondering if somebody more knowledgeable would be kind enough to explain what happens from the time text gets added to the $gameMessage._text array to when it is broken down to a single letter as part of the...
  4. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] MOG_ChronoEngine / MOG_CharPoses: Manually invoke tool_pose Sprite?

Does anybody know how to go about manually invoking a specific tool_pose (the image used by a tool event) in an event using script calls, independent of the this.act(x) command that they are associated with? I would like to be able to do it from a Game_Enemy event's Movement Route commands...
  5. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] evalDamageFormula(), Custom Parameters, and MOG_ChronoEngine.js

I have an item that, when used, immediately kills enemies: I want the item to be ineffective against "boss" enemies. So I modified Game_Action.prototype.evalDamageFormula(): I was hoping that my edit would allow me to add a "+ boss" to my original formula, and have the item be ineffective...
  6. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Call to close Window_Selectable

I have the following Window_Selectable, which allows me to select items from my inventory: In the video, I am pressing the "esc" button to pull up the SubScreen, using arrows to maneuver among the items, and hitting "enter" to select the one I want, then hitting "esc" again to return to the...
  7. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Temporarily Pause Specific Scene_Map.children?

This might be a stupid question... I apologize in advance. This is what my Scene_Map.children (Scene_Manager._scene.children) currently looks like: My question is- is there any way to temporarily pause all event / player activity on array items Spriteset_Map, Sprite, Window_MapName...
  8. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Game_Screen: updateShake()

This is the function Game_Screen.prototype.updateShake (located in the rpg_objects.js file): I am interested to know / am wondering if anybody can tell me where / what is processing the $gameScreen._shake and $gameScreen._direction values that are being altered during this function? I am...
  9. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Window_Base.contents and blt

Sorry for being ignorant and I hope what I'm asking makes sense, but does Window_Base.contents have some kind of padding around its edges? I am trying to use blt to draw a bitmap within it, and it seems to get cut off if I set the x value flush against the parent object's boundaries. I tried...
  10. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] Moghunter Chrono Engine ABS: "Throttling" Attacks

Fond felicitations, freaks! Is there any way to "throttle" (I hope this is the right term) player attacks in the Chrono Engine ABS to give enemies a chance to escape or dodge a pummelling? I tried to write something that keeps track if a particular enemy gets smacked continuously: But...
  11. aporokizzu

SpokenWord: A Text-To-Speech Plugin

SpokenWord: A Text-To-Speech Plugin v1.0 by dismal_science__ Features SpokenWord is a plugin for RPG Maker MV that allows you to easily include text-to-speech in your projects using plugin commands, script, and/or message control characters. Screenshots How To Use Once the plugin has been...
  12. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] GALV_BasicEventShadows.js: Sprite_BasicShadow

Greetings, Boils and Ghouls! I am trying to amend the following function from the GALV_BasicEventShadows.js plugin: I created another JS file- dismal_GALV_BasicEventShadows_Extended.js- which I have placed below aforementioned plugin in the Plugin Manager window): And within it, is the...
  13. aporokizzu

Separate, private $gameScreen._pictures array?

From what I understand, $gameScreen._pictures is the array that holds all of the Game_Picture objects that are shown on the map, and it has a maximum size of 100 array items for this. It seems to reserve items 200 and up for battle images (?) but my project uses an ABS system so I haven't...
  14. aporokizzu

[SOLVED] AudioManager.playSe: Using base64/data URIs?

I want to have a data URI be used as a a default sound, so that i don't need to reference a filename. Based on this StackOverflow solution, I can use a script command to play a data URI sound: var snd = new...
  15. aporokizzu

Moving Platforms

Greetings- I am trying to script a moving platform, that the player must try to land on. I have the following code: var Imported = Imported || {}; Imported.PE_JumpMan = true; var PE = PE || {}; PE.JumpMan = PE.JumpMan || {}; (function($){ var JumpMan_Game_CharacterBase_jump =...
  16. aporokizzu

DK_Tools_Full_Input Plugin Questions

Howdy, I have the following function: Input.keyMapper[74] = `J`; _alias_Scene_Map_update = Scene_Map.prototype.update; Scene_Map.prototype.update = function() { _alias_Scene_Map_update.call(this); if (Input.isTriggered(`J`)) {...
  17. aporokizzu

A more eloquent way of detecting events around a player?

Salutations- I have the following function: $.IsNearEnough = function(event1_id, event2_id) { let result = false; let temp = []; // get player's coordinates let px = $gamePlayer.x; let py = $gamePlayer.y; // list events within a 3-tile...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Justice is "Just ice" without a space
Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like