Search results

1. RachelTheSeeker

Tabletop RPG Recommendations?

Morgan, this post speaks to my heart, you'd don't even know. Before I ever played tabletop RPGs, with D&D 3.5e as my first "real" one, I used to make tabletop RPGs to play in lunch periods and study halls in school. I didn't even use dice until my mom gave me the surprise gift of gaming dice one...
  2. RachelTheSeeker

Would This Be Weird

Like Dororo said... I mean, that's the original Phantasy Star. I can see keeping towns menu-based like Wizardry and Etrian Odyssey, or making all but shops and what-not into a dungeon like The Bard's Tale 1~3. Who's to say that overhead towns and first-person dungeons can't work? Heck, your...
  3. RachelTheSeeker

Tabletop RPG Recommendations?

@Touchfuzzy, you have no idea how much I'd wanna play Ryuutama! Lot of good ideas in that game, and a great feel to it. To address @Rubescen's OP: what kinds of games are you looking for, and how important is homebrewing to you? I've got a few recommendations across a sliding scale. Old-School...
  4. RachelTheSeeker

The RPG Maker Meme Thread

HOLY COW I ACTUALLY MADE ONE
  5. RachelTheSeeker

That's... bizarre that it did that. Also, really stupid. But bizarre. I'm sorry it happened. :x

That's... bizarre that it did that. Also, really stupid. But bizarre. I'm sorry it happened. :x
  6. RachelTheSeeker

A wild woman appears! Man flirts at it in confusion! (the personal picture thread)

My word, you are all too cute; this last page here has been chockful of lovely folks~
  7. RachelTheSeeker

That's fantastic news! I'm glad you stuck by it. The last 10% can feel like the last 90% it...

That's fantastic news! I'm glad you stuck by it. The last 10% can feel like the last 90% it seems, and I believe it. But you're that close, so don't let up until you get past the last sprint. <3
  8. RachelTheSeeker

Ugly? Lies. Sketches have an awesome and unique aesthetic compared to lineart, and your...

Ugly? Lies. Sketches have an awesome and unique aesthetic compared to lineart, and your character and style are so not ugly. I appreciate the simpler outfit that still looks fantastical, and the hair on this one's also lovely.
  9. RachelTheSeeker

Heyyyy, Astonishing Swordsmen! It's awesome to see another person who appreciates old-school...

Heyyyy, Astonishing Swordsmen! It's awesome to see another person who appreciates old-school tabletop gaming. I feel that an Elric expy would work well for that genre, heheh. I'm glad you're stepping outside your comfort zone, and it's interesting to see usual GMs as players, instead of vice-versa.
  10. RachelTheSeeker

New EXP Mechanic? — Rewarding strategy over grinding

I honestly think The Grind isn't as bad as folks think. I used to hate grinding for the longest time, and a sign of a bad RPG is when grinding isn't fun when it's necessary (*coughdigimonworld3cough*). A good game will make grinding optional, but won't be a big chore if you decide to. If you're...
  11. RachelTheSeeker

Town exploration incentives. No ransacking NPC homes.

I mean, when playing Dragon Quest where you still loot villagers' homes, I like to daydream and pretend they're like, "Oh, hang on. You might need this more than I would". It's a weird JRPG trope, but it's here to stay for that series. In any other game, especially with a (often half-arsed)...
  12. RachelTheSeeker

Eliminating XP. Character growth by item and equipment ONLY

Funny you'd mentioned this idea, @duty! Watching @Ksi stream a RMN jam game called KO Cupid, I think Craze has done a no-EXP system well. The game's inspiring to my own game endeavors, and I hope the design choices might inspire you too. The ideas presented in your OP involve cutting XP and...
  13. RachelTheSeeker

Steam *and* GOG? Congratulations! You've done well to get this far. <3

Steam *and* GOG? Congratulations! You've done well to get this far. <3
  14. RachelTheSeeker

Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

I know it's from months ago, but as an addendum? I share pictures of food I actually cooked myself. Am trying to teach myself to do more than slap a pork sirloin or frozen chicken strips in the oven, and thus I share pictures of my accomplishments in learning the skill. But if it's food someone...
  15. RachelTheSeeker

Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

For now, aside from the last point toeing the line, going to stick to pop culture. IIRC, RM Web has a no-politics policy, which is for the best. Fallout 4 is fine. You have to take the good with the bad, and the stuff that works really works. Many of the game mechanics are what I'd include in a...
  16. RachelTheSeeker

What game are you currently Playing?

Not game. Games. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 Had last played it in my teens on the original XBox. Got all the way to the endgame, only to lose to some Rancor-looking monster. I'm over ten years older, wiser, and better at D&D 3e. My Exile is based on my apocalyptic vixen Dana, and...
  17. RachelTheSeeker

The RPG Maker Meme Thread

I mean, I'm obese according to BMI, and I unironically liked fedoras, so
  18. RachelTheSeeker

Who's active on Twitter?

For weal and woe, I am. I try to stay away from the dumpster fire of politics, but I wish the Trends sidebar was less provocative. Way, way less. I don't follow a whole lot of people, but I stick to the RPG Maker community, and a small retro-gaming Twitch circle, while there. Used to be bigger...
  19. RachelTheSeeker

@The Stranger If their eyes can see beautifully something I reel in disgust at, then it is my...

@The Stranger If their eyes can see beautifully something I reel in disgust at, then it is my own self-perception that is distorted. I've been dabbling in cognitive behavioral stuff, weaning off triggers, and picking up stoicism as a philosophy. It's not easy to undo years of self-loathing...
  20. RachelTheSeeker

@The Stranger I'm sorry you've been having trouble with changing your life. I get what you mean...

@The Stranger I'm sorry you've been having trouble with changing your life. I get what you mean about life being static, and mental health troubles can definitely set one back. The only thing that began to pull me from the gutter, as sappy as it sounds, are the fact that others love and believe...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness :LZSgrin:
I am excite.
Actor2_4 added!

I Didnt Like or Disagree with @Andar Due to Him Saying this when We talk about VX (Not Ace): VX is the worst version of the RPG-Makers as it had only one tileset and is missing many features to improve the game development. It is a very bad choice to base a new project on.
It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)
just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cseptiem