Search results

1. CraneSoft

Idea: Rare rewards based on how much the player over-damages enemies.

If you only wanted a low-effort attempt to reuse old dungeons and replayable gameplay loops - it's easier to just replace the weaker enemies with stronger variants (that has better drops) as the player progress further so it'd feel less repetitive on a revisit. I personally don't like...
  2. CraneSoft

People that only show up whenever they need help/request and doesn't engage in the community are...

People that only show up whenever they need help/request and doesn't engage in the community are generally not worth the time.
  3. CraneSoft

Fighters attac, healers protecc, and more importantly, developers slacc

Fighters attac, healers protecc, and more importantly, developers slacc
  4. CraneSoft

what kind of titles makes you give games a chance?

As a player, I don't usually care about titles as long as it isn't a PITA to google due to extremely generic keyword usage. No chance can be given if I don't even know of its existence after all. With that said, I do prefer unique titles that doesn't have anything along the lines of "Fantasy...
  5. CraneSoft

I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a...

I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a bad one for me is basically complaining about frustration vs. dropping & uninstalling.
  6. CraneSoft

Town exploration incentives. No ransacking NPC homes.

Other town-based actions...basically anything you can do in the real world applies. The cities/towns in Yakuza games is basically a giant hub of mini-games that doesn't fall into any of the 3 categories. If your town is big enough, simple town-related events and questlines such as Jack The...
  7. CraneSoft

Is it okay to include our own kinks in our games? (16+ ONLY)

If you are not really making an adult game, I'd say don't worry about it. Players are here to enjoy the game and we don't give a damn about specific fetishes the developer happened to have.
  8. CraneSoft

What do you prefer for world maps?

I prefer to just pick locations on a world map rather than having to physically travel there, Indie RPG's worlds are generally not big enough to warrant extensive world map and travelling by foot if there are just going to be mostly empty maps (random encounters don't count) with no additional...
  9. CraneSoft

Where do you put your story-altering decisions?

The thing about applying butterfly effect is that there is no way a player can predict what happens during the time they made the choice that can lead to said outcome, this inevitably creates scenarios where you have to resort to guides to get the desired outcome, because said information will...
  10. CraneSoft

New EXP Mechanic? — Rewarding strategy over grinding

The opposite is also true. People get stronger by pushing the body to their limits, using their best weapons or magic and improving from them. It doesn't make logical sense if I gain extra strength and experience swinging a wooden stick or a pocket knife rather than a real katana or a...
  11. CraneSoft

How important are footstep sounds in games to you?

Footsteps are just a natural thing that adds realism if done correctly and is an easy way to tell if a RPGMaker game is polished. If your game have even one dark, silent area without any music (and it doesn't have to be a horror game), you'll immediately notice how unnatural it is to walk...
  12. CraneSoft

What do you think about a chapter break?

I'd say this heavily depends on the plot structure, some games are episodic, other uses chapters to establish major plot turning points. My plot is told via story arcs, with each chapter having its own antagonist doing its charity and the conflict typically being resolved within the same...
  13. CraneSoft

Is it necessary for all characters to have face graphics/busts?

Is it necessary? No. Not at all. Players know that and they generally accept it. Is it a bonus visual appeal and possible selling point? Yes. If you are willing to put the time and effort. 8 hours is nothing considering you are already spending thousands of hours in development anyways. Now you...
  14. CraneSoft

For RPGs with a single playable character, how many classes should that character be able to choose from *at minimum* for you?

Personally I'm not a fan of classes in a single playable character game and would rather have none, and I prefer skill trees instead so the player actually have more control in their builds and choices rather than locking their skillsets to one particular field.
  15. CraneSoft

It is an act of self-preservation as well, since everyone needs to take care of themselves. And...

It is an act of self-preservation as well, since everyone needs to take care of themselves. And society is a huge rat race.
  16. CraneSoft

How to approach the execution of Fake Ending

Is this about fake character deaths or ending actually? A popular variant is kill off a character early but he actually is alive and is the final boss cliche. Still, it really depends on what you wanted to achieve here. If your goal is just switching perspectives something as simple as going...
  17. CraneSoft

What were your favorite aspects of Retro RPGs?

For me it's the music, there is something really special about MIDI tracks that any remix of them in MP3/other modern formats just doesn't feel right for me. Also the PS1-era pre-rendered backgrounds are a piece of art during its time.
  18. CraneSoft

"I just want the license to use MZ resources and I don't want to pay almost-full price for...

"I just want the license to use MZ resources and I don't want to pay almost-full price for that." Is legit too. :kaopride:
  19. CraneSoft

Why the negativity (on steam)?

From a neutral standpoint, people are free to bash on any engine for any reason, however, it is also free for people to choose whether they want to listen to another person's bashing, so I call it fair. :p
  20. CraneSoft

More like no reason to get it now since I'm not going to migrate to it anytime soon, and...

More like no reason to get it now since I'm not going to migrate to it anytime soon, and discounts start at 50%! (runs)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished the first character for the free bust set I'm making. It turned out more big
SD than chibi, but I can't help but fall into my natural style. I'll post a thread once I've got more to show.
Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness :LZSgrin:
I am excite.
Actor2_4 added!

I Didnt Like or Disagree with @Andar Due to Him Saying this when We talk about VX (Not Ace): VX is the worst version of the RPG-Makers as it had only one tileset and is missing many features to improve the game development. It is a very bad choice to base a new project on.
It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicprod