Search results

1. RubbyDukky

Order of Work - How to go about game-making?

Basically, it is my first serious game, but I have created quite a lot of other unfinished/unpolished projects over a number of years, so technically, it isn't my first game. However, since I am becoming a lot more skilled in the arts (music composition, art, pixel art) I feel like making a game...
  2. RubbyDukky

Order of Work - How to go about game-making?

Hey all, while I was revisiting and discussing the work, plan, and general idea of our game with my team, I came across the question of how to go about ordering the work that we were to do. How should we create our game? Should we simply start from the beginning and work our way up, dealing...
  3. RubbyDukky

Post Your Music

Some epic stuff with bad instrument packs. Some over-the-top happy music.
  4. RubbyDukky

Can I Use RTP Music in my Game Trailer?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Technically, you own the music if you bought the program. I may be wrong though. Edit: I am wrong.
  5. RubbyDukky

What is the worst part about game making?

I think the worst part of game development (this only applies to small games with inspiration-driven developers) is that moment after playing four hours of video games/movies/TV shows when you realize that you were supposed to spend those four hours on your game, and you think to yourself, "I'm...
  6. RubbyDukky

I would advise you not to. Honestly, my ability to edit is not worth the amount. For the amount...

I would advise you not to. Honestly, my ability to edit is not worth the amount. For the amount of money the tileset costs, some people a lot better than me would be willing to make you custom art, whereas I would only be able to do simple edits. In fact, please don't buy the tileset for my...
  7. RubbyDukky

Tile Set Edit

Sorry about that Celianna, I should have read more into it. I don't own the pack, so I can't actually help.
  8. RubbyDukky

(SOLVED) Galv's Character Animations & Frames sprite problems

OK, so I just typed up an essay's worth of a reply (btw I actually read the post about your problem prior to posting my own), then I realized that I didn't try taking the $ away in the test project I created yet (although I did in my actual game project). I did it, and bam, it worked... which...
  9. RubbyDukky

Autorun on scriptcall?

I'm not sure about the script call, but I'd suggest just doing it without the Hud Maker. Unless there's some reason why it's not applicable, you could always just use display picture in the event and do just a little image editing. Although, if someone finds the script call, you can do whatever...
  10. RubbyDukky

Tile Set Edit

removed Tell me if you can't download it, I'm not too sure how this attachment system works. Anyone can use it however they wish.
  11. RubbyDukky

Character skin system?

If the ultimate skill artwork is done without a script/plugin, then yeah, you can use the common event and set a conditional branch that checks for the switch. If it is done with a script/plugin, then you'll probably have to use an edited version of it that allows for conditional branching or...
  12. RubbyDukky

(SOLVED) Galv's Character Animations & Frames sprite problems

Hello, I'm having a rather infuriating time trying to get Galv's Character Animations working in RMMV. I've recently started drawing a 2 tile high, 6 frame character template sheet with the intention of using it with his character animations and frames that allow for 6 frame idle, walk, and run...
  13. RubbyDukky

I'm reviving once again.

I'm reviving once again.
  14. RubbyDukky

Hiya

Welcome to the community! Hope you have fun with the program  :)
  15. RubbyDukky

Game Jam - A Story of Rubrik's Cubes

I didn't even know you made a game for the game jam! I'm going to try it out right now :)
  16. RubbyDukky

Steam-bought RM without Steam Integration?

Cool, thank you! I sent in a ticket successfully.
  17. RubbyDukky

Steam-bought RM without Steam Integration?

So, I bought RPG Maker MV on Steam, and I want to use it without Steam so that I can work on my project with friends on school computers. I understand that I will most likely need to send a support ticket and ask for a product key with proof that I have already bought the program on Steam, but I...
  18. RubbyDukky

Correcting Character Position When Triggering An Event

Oh shoot, I forgot you could do that. Yeah, that would work a lot better than what I said.
  19. RubbyDukky

Correcting Character Position When Triggering An Event

There might a be better solutions, but these are what I came up with. You can use some complicated eventing, where you have an event on either side of your original event and sense when the player is under either one of these events. When the player touches the main event, it activates, but...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know where the MZ PluginEditorDemo.js can be found? It might be called SampleCoreScript now. I'd like to see what changed from MV.
Among Us w/friends stream
Leokids wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Hi
Hi, I just finished the sprite section.

I open a commission for Pixel art and art, for more examples I'll present tomorrow.
Can someone test a windowskin for me? I can't while traveling (I'll send as PM).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Encregen