Search results

1. MusicalSamurai

Is my plugin in anyway interesting?

Many thanks Ledo - I've decided my current project will not implement a 2 player feature, but I think my next project will - I will certainly be referring to your plugin for guidance! :)
  2. MusicalSamurai

How to Set Text Color In gameMessage.add Script

Anything in Script - if it requires an apostrophe or a Backslash, it should be prefixed by another backslash (with the exception of forced Newlines)... Such as: $gameMessage.add('\\C[17]\\N[1]\\C[0]:\nI\'m Loving The Sunshine!.'); I'm not sure about you, but I'm also a big fan of having the...
  3. MusicalSamurai

Deployment Protection in RPGMV

Ah.. Of course - I bounce between so many languages I get confused what can do what... See a lesson to learn from my stupidity - pay attention to what language you're using! :D Ah yes, I am familiar with IIFE's and will be considering that format if ever to make a plugin that's to be flexible...
  4. MusicalSamurai

Starting to tangent away from the original concern here lads :p - But I appreciate the thoughts! I won't require any of that fancy testing stuff, I think editing and playing the good ol' way works fine for me, I rarely make any changes to my script anyway as it's more for initialisation and...
  5. MusicalSamurai

My Welcome

Many thanks! - The people here certainly know what they are talking about, this is always a breath of fresh air for me as I'm usually the one helping people - it feels nice to be on the recieving end :D I hope I can be of use to someone else here and contribute to the overall hive-mind :D
  6. MusicalSamurai

Hey Guys - seems the conversation has continued :P You do have a point - although I was merely picking on the Base 64 encoding on its own, to me; isn't considered as a compression. Good ol' misleading functions names... Well, so far I haven't had time to implement any of the ideas here yet -...
  7. MusicalSamurai

Oh, that was unexpected - I'm not so accustomed to having things done for me but I shall have a look at what you've put together :) And fair enough on the Compression statement - I'm just anal about definitions & terminologies, apologies. :p Apologies, I was trying not to but the response...
  8. MusicalSamurai

Holy hell! - That's the words I needed to hear! - I have no idea why it didn't click in my head this whole time thinking it was literally talking about a Plugin I need to configure... Okay that's my first problem solved, I just simply need to append the correct bits of code into my script so...
  9. MusicalSamurai

A good point, and also my point... It's baffling me... To be fair, there need not be any 'secret' to the encoding/decoding process and the actual file that 'does the job' can be human readable for all I care - My top priority is the "Data/blabla.json" files - as long as these cannot be read...
  10. MusicalSamurai

Also, sorry to be 'that guy' - but Base 64 encoding isn't considered 'Compression' as it requires more characters to represent the original data than the original data - it's simply Encoding/Obfuscation :)
  11. MusicalSamurai

Yes I apprecaite this, during development the files reflect what's being done in the editor - but 'Upon Deployment' is my concern. My mention of character sets was just a detail to consider when playing with encoding/decoding, I didn't mean to elicit eduction on the different character sets and...
  12. MusicalSamurai

Ohh I scooted over this various times without even realising - I dismissed it due to the wording (and I'm a bit finnicky about wording) because it's called "Plugin Configuration" - My main project doesn't have 'Plugins' outside of my own bespoke creations which are tailored to their usage and...
  13. MusicalSamurai

The method you speak of is also borderline on what I'm wanting; scrambled JSON files that RPGMV can still pull data from although my method in mind is much simpler without needing private/public keys - if it gets 'found out' or 'reverse engineered' (basically being hacked by someone that knows...
  14. MusicalSamurai

I don't mean to be funny, but JSON to me is almost as readable as Plain Text - anyone that's familiar with either key:value pairs or even just curious as to various ways of storing data wouldn't take them too long to realise that it's quite legible and there's some kind of relationship between...
  15. MusicalSamurai

Clearly I am blind - my first responder also mentions this - I need to pay more attention to what options I have available - but I'm quite sure I didn't see this option, unless I have a bugged version or something - I'll try a uninstall and reinstall tonight and test this. Many thanks! I'm not...
  16. MusicalSamurai

I am on version 1.6.2 or 1.6.3? Something like that - I didn't personally notice any ways to specify custom files - although now you have mentioned it I will surely look about a bit harder! - Although in all fairness I do not see this as a big problem, just an annoyance... So many thanks for...
  17. MusicalSamurai

What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

Please Forgive me for flicking through quickly, someone may have mentioned this... but my one thing I'd like to see is: Have Events be able to directly check Game Constants (example: Steps Taken, Character Level & Current X,Y Positions) without needing to use an In Game Variable to first assign...
  18. MusicalSamurai

I have two concerns with RPGMV... I'll first mention the least annoying and then move on to my most pressing issue. 1. RPGMV Deployment with 'Exclude Unused Files" ticked will completely ignore Images, Music & Sounds that have been referred to Programmatically (such as a custom plugin) - This...
  19. MusicalSamurai

Is my plugin in anyway interesting?

This is amazing (your concept) of integrating MV with Node! - It's kinda baffling to me how MV doesn't seem to accept a standard bit of JS such as someString.equalsIgnoreCase("Something") so this has made me rather curious on what kind of roadblocks/difficulties you encountered while trying to...
  20. MusicalSamurai

Yanfly!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO HEHE I WUV U <3

I concur! - I write most of my own plugins for bespoke occasions but when it comes to the Yanfly's Battle Core & HP Bars I couldn't think of a better way to do it myself, so why reinvent the wheel! - Yanfly is truly a pillar of the community but has inspired so many, I don't think Plugins are...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sxkira