Search results

1. Frostyfirefly

Running animation (sprite)

How do you change the walking animation to the running animation of a character when the player holds down the shift key? I already have a running animation spritesheet (it came with one of the graphic packs I purchased here), I just need to implement it when the player holds down shift.
  2. Frostyfirefly

Some trouble with "Show Image"

Why is it that, when I use this command in an event, the picture I'm using isn't displayed at it's full size? It only shows a part or piece of it. Also, how do I get it to appear at the center? I clicked "center" on the display position entry, but it appears in a corner of the screen.
  3. Frostyfirefly

An old Mexican joke: The Border Vampire

I was going to put this up as an update, but it's a bit long.  A long time ago, just at the border between Mexico and the US, there was a Vampire!!!  :guffaw:  People were afraid of crossing the border, because this hairy, huge vampire of unknown nationality, would jump on people as they...
  4. Frostyfirefly

All about Pen & Paper rpgs and their relation to video games.

Hi everyone, pen & paper rpgs have been around for a long time, and they have been holding hands with video games most of the time; when one type of game moves in a direction, the other follows, and viceversa, and sometimes, they follow the same direction all the time. Calling them "Pen &...
  5. Frostyfirefly

Pen & Paper game adaptations.

What do you guys think of Pen & Paper video game adaptations? That is, games like Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire the Masquerade, Shadowrun, etc. Personally, I think they still have a long way to go, design-wise. Some of the more "skilled based" character classes feel pretty weak when they cannot...
  6. Frostyfirefly

How do you feel about blank or empty interaction points?

What I mean is this: in all rpgs, there are places your character can check or examine, you know, statues, bushes, jars, desks, etc. Sometimes, you get a message that says something like "It's just a statue", other times, you get a message in the line of "omg you found an item!!!", and yet...
  7. Frostyfirefly

Your sources of inspiration.

What would you say are your sources of inspiration for the games you are working on? For me, there are lots, but I think they all come down to: a) Tabletop rpgs and board games B) History c) Folklore and Mythology I've always been a tabletop geek, anything related to epic quests and...
  8. Frostyfirefly

Deactivating stealth mode.

Hi, I've been lurking around the forums for about a week or so, mostly because I've been a bit busy with work. But it's time to formally introduce myself to you awesome people. I'm a graphic designer and martial arts instructor, who finally found a bit of time to dedicate to game design. I hope...
  9. Frostyfirefly

What was the first game you played?

Do you guys remember your very first video game?  Mine was He-Man for the Atari 2600. I remember there was no other objective besides surviving and beating baddies, and of course, the graphics barely resembled the characters from the show, but I was hooked. Now that I look back at it, my...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolathon