Search results

1. CHKNRAVE

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

How do I get the total value of all tags with the same name inside the states worn by a specific actor / enemy in battle? I want to do custom stats and temporary boosts, and the first one will be Damage. I got it to work with equipment, but now I'm stuck on states. It's all going to fit inside...
  2. CHKNRAVE

Watch out, you're missing a little closing parenthese in the first line of code.
  3. CHKNRAVE

How long have you been working on your game?

Something like 6 months. And I recently deleted every map / skill / enemy / equipment to make sure every single part of the game is up to par with the skills I've built up along the way. I'm in for a long ride, it seems. It's okay.
  4. CHKNRAVE

How to add or subtract 1 from the player's X or Y axis depending on direction?

First, set up 2 variables for the coordinates of the tile in front of the player. Set them as the player's Map X and Map Y. If the player is facing down, the Y coordinate increases by 1. If the player is facing left, the X coordinate decreases by 1. If the player is facing right, the X...
  5. CHKNRAVE

Are the 2 conditions still valid? You need Actor 1 to be alive, and for the item whose ID is in variable number 25 to still be in the inventory. Try making a battle event that just displays as a message \V[25]. Is this the ID of the item that needs to be checked and consumed? Also, apparently...
  6. CHKNRAVE

How to add or subtract 1 from the player's X or Y axis depending on direction?

There's a condition in the condition submenu that lets you check if the player is facing a certain direction. Put 4 of those, one for each direction, and edit the variables accordingly. Note: if you use else, you can do it with 3 conditions.
  7. CHKNRAVE

What can be done to make RMMZ to have overwhelming positive reviews?

Personally, I'm just not tempted to switch over to MZ, mostly because I've already started my big project on MV and the best plugins (and many that are essential to my project) are still only available on MV. IMO the moment when Yanfly left was the end of the golden age of RPG Maker plugins...
  8. CHKNRAVE

Try user.consumeItem(itemID) to consume items in combat. It's the recommended command for damage formulas.
  9. CHKNRAVE

Limit actors allowed in a yanfly row.

I was looking for a way to force a leader character to have at least 1 ally in the front row, when I came across this post. Luckily for you, I got it to work with a passive state that's going to help with your issue. Here's the code, which will not apply for your situation. Now how do you make...
  10. CHKNRAVE

[SOLVED]Is there a way for the system to check if a variable has increased by 1?

In the event editor, there's a command in the 3rd page of the menu that says "Script..." right above "Plugin Command...", it should be in the bottom right corner of the menu. That's where you can write any script command, such as this remote deactivation of self-switches. You get a text editor...
  11. CHKNRAVE

RMMV K-O state resistance not taken into account

Oh, of course, I completely overlooked that. Certain hit skills do always land, their states as well.
  12. CHKNRAVE

[SOLVED]Is there a way for the system to check if a variable has increased by 1?

What you could do is lock out daily events with a self-switch. Then, in the sleep event, make a script call with this line for each self-switch you're turning off this way: $gameSelfSwitches.setValue([mapID, eventID, 'X'], false); What it does is that it goes into the map whose ID was given...
  13. CHKNRAVE

Then maybe a passive state on it that gives the state immunity would work. In the condition for this passive to stop working (so the statement that sets condition to false), put in how you want the enemy to lose its immunity to death. Note: From a game dev to another, make sure there's clarity...
  14. CHKNRAVE

Does the skill that shouldn't kill also deal damage? The way the engine processes units reaching 0 HP is by a good old target.addState(1) which applies the state as long as the target doesn't have a state immunity, disregarding reduced state rates. What happens if you replace the state rate of...
  15. CHKNRAVE

Is there a way to prevent Gab Window from clearing gabs on map change? It's a bad feature given what I use it for.
  16. CHKNRAVE

RMMV Custom React Effect: in which order?

Of course, custom tags! Honestly, I thought detecting those would be a lot harder than that. According to the plugin's wiki article, the value variable seems to only appear in React, maybe readable (not writable) in Respond. I already have a skill that increases final damage dealt by a...
  17. CHKNRAVE

The "This game feature captivated me" thread

Dofus, a strategic MMORPG. The cell-based battle system is what makes it so strategic, it's what made me start playing when I was 10 and (after a few quits and reinstalls) keep playing as a 23 year-old. You've got Action Points to use skills (which inspired my RPG Maker go-to battle system)...
  18. CHKNRAVE

RMMV Custom React Effect: in which order?

Thanks for the info, that's going to be super useful to change how final the final damage is. So if I put a top-priority state that increases output damage, it'd apply first. But is there a way to make equipment add a certain counter to the state that handles base damage increase? I feel like...
  19. CHKNRAVE

Hell yeah, origin. works as planned. Thank you!
  20. CHKNRAVE

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

I'll make sure to remember that for any other instakill I put in my game. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New starting map, hope it's better than the first.
new evolutions coming soon:ewink:
Oddball wrote on The_Sarah's profile.
Today: started the Army HQ. I opted for a bulky, heavy design.
Did YOU know that "$game_switches[55] = true" and "$game_switches[055] = true" do completely different things, and you should never leave a zero in? I didn't. :p
mzActor2.png mzSF_Actor2.png, mzSchoolActor2.png added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UTfan1243