Search results

1. Trihan

[Suggestion] "Script" option for event page conditions

Description of the Feature: In addition to the current event page condition checkboxes, add one for "script" This would have a similar input box to the ones that are currently available to Control Variables and Conditional Branch Mockups: Why is this feature good? This feature is great...
  2. Trihan

[Suggestion] Conditional plugin parameters

Description of the Feature: Plugin parameters with visibility depending on the value of another parameter e.g. a select type that only appears if a boolean parameter is "true". Mockups: Condition not met: Condition met: Why is this feature good? This feature is great because of the...
  3. Trihan

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

It's come to my attention that a fair number of people are having issues getting their heads around the new JS injection parameters and notetags present in VisuStella's core plugins, and therefore they're struggling to achieve the effects they want. This will be especially true of people who...
  4. Trihan

Effekseer, RPG Maker MZ and you: how to make the animations work

Hi all! I've seen a few people asking questions about this, and I ended up noticing a few things myself that'll probably trip people up, so I decided to make this quick tutorial topic to explain exactly how to make your Effekseer animations work in MZ. The tutorial in Effekseer itself has a...
  5. Trihan

Debugging using the console

Hi everyone! Answering a recent post has reminded me that a lot of users don't understand how powerful the console is and how you can use it to better understand what makes your game tick, so I decided to extract that part of the answer into its own post. For anyone who doesn't know, when...
  6. Trihan

The beauty of Array.prototype.map() and Array.prototype.reduce(), and how to use them together

Hello, sports fans! Ahead of the next issues of Slip into Ruby and Jump into JavaScript, I'd like to cover a couple of functions that I consider an absolute godsend to the language (which are also available in Ruby for the VX Ace users) which make some seemingly-complex operations an absolute...
  7. Trihan

Trihan's lunatic notetag workshop (VX Ace)

Similarly to my thread in the MV forum, I'm making this thread to help people achieve specific effects for their skills/items/whatever when using Yanfly's scripts. It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to that; if you're struggling to find just the right line of Ruby to make your Steal skill...
  8. Trihan

Trihan's lunatic notetag workshop (MV)

Hi all! I've noticed quite a few topics lately from people asking about how to achieve certain effects with Yanfly's plugins, usually involving custom effects and notetags, so I figured I would offer my services in a more centralised thread where anyone can drop in something they're trying to...
  9. Trihan

Jump into Javascript Reloaded (because I love cheesy titles)

I've been thinking lately about the delivery vector for Jump into Javascript and Slip into Ruby, and how fundamentally limited it is in that it's essentially just a linear sequence of text explaining how stuff works. I'm constantly having to say "we looked at this earlier" or "I can't remember...
  10. Trihan

Trilobytes MV #1: Dude, Where's My Autorun?

Dude, Where's My Autorun? Version 1.0 Created by Trihan Introduction Have you ever been test playing your game when all of a sudden the player couldn't move any more? Ah, crap, looks like you probably have an errant autorun event that's screwing things up. But this is a 500x500 map with 150...
  11. Trihan

Trilobytes VX Ace #2: Bonus Stat Allocation (v1.11 now available!)

Bonus Stat Allocation version 1.11 Created by Trihan Introduction This script allows you to open a scene to assign a specified number of bonus points to an actor's stats. It is highly configurable and can be used for a variety of things. It was originally commissioned by Clyve for a mercenary...
  12. Trihan

Trilobytes VX Ace #1: Shop unlocks

Shop Unlocks version 1.03 Created by Trihan Introduction This is a script which allows you to use notetags in items, weapons and armours that will require you to sell a number of other items to a shop in order to unlock that item for purchase. It was originally written as a commission for...
  13. Trihan

The anatomy of a plugin

Hello, sports fans! Today Trilobytes is bringing you a SPECIAL BONUS TUTORIAL that covers a topic I don't think anyone has really covered much yet: how to actually make your own plugins. @GoodSelf, this one's for you. ;) Your First Plugin There isn't really much to the "skeleton" of a plugin...
  14. Trihan

Advanced Lights Out Puzzle

Inspired by GoodSelf's evented Lights Out puzzle tutorial, I'm going to take you through how to achieve the same effect with Javascript and a single common event. That's right, you will not be putting a single event command into the switches except "Common Event". Behold the power of code! User...
  15. Trihan

Getting parameters by filename instead of hardcoding.

So it's come to my attention recently that a fair number of plugin support questions/"bugs" have been caused by the users not realising that they need to name the file exactly as per the string referenced in the call to Plugin.parameters...but what if that weren't the case? Having looked into...
  16. Trihan

Allow options in Show Choice to be shown/hidden based on conditions

Description of the Feature: Have checkboxes for each option in a Show Choice command to show/hide them, possibly with a selection for a switch to tie their state to Code for Implementation: Not so much how it would be coded in core, but here's how I did a dynamic choice list in my...
  17. Trihan

Considering making an FFX-style monster arena script. Any interest?

As the title says, I was considering scripting a monster arena a-la FFX but it wouldn't really be for anything I'm doing at present, so whether it's worth it or not depends entirely on how many people are looking for something like this. Would any of you consider it a useful feature to have in...
  18. Trihan

Jump into Javascript, a breakdown and explanation of the default js files in MV.

This is a companion series to Slip into Ruby (my teardown of the RPG Maker VX Ace default scripts) and aims to teach a bit of Javascript while explaining exactly how everything works under the hood of MV's .js files. Part 1: https://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/1230/ (main.js, rpg_scenes.js...
  19. Trihan

TwoHour, coming to an IRC near you!

So back in 2012, I attempted to revive an old #rm2k contest called OneHour, in which participants were given a topic decided by one of the members and had one hour to make a game around that topic. After the hour, entries were uploaded and played, and everyone voted on their favourite. The...
  20. Trihan

Yanfly's Active Battle Advantage modified

So back in August 2014 someone mentioned in the comments for this script that it's way too easy because you can just spam Z and always get a preemptive strike. I decided to do something about that. This modification makes the pointer go back and forth rather than straight to the end, has a...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Completed my game's menu! :LZScheeze: (Game Title: ⟁False Server)
Also showcasing Galv_ChoicePictures.js by Galv
and,
AKUNOU_Option plugins by Tsutumi Kawahara.
(More details in the video description on YouTube.)

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
walkerjamesm