Search results

1. When I play RPG maker games, they randomly have "choppyness". I'm not sure how else to describe it.

T If it's on your end, then it is on my end as well.   Because sometimes this happens to me also. Usually the game runs fine.  But every now and then seemingly randomly the game will become very choppy (which is a good way to describe it).  I was thinking maybe it had something to do...
  2. How do I change back color of the Display Name:?

Thanks Victor.  Appreciate it.
  3. How do I change back color of the Display Name:?

I use a black text on my game.  Because of that, dark back colors during my windows don't work so well. I was able to change the back color for my battle log by using this script: Window_BattleLog.prototype.backColor = function() {          return '#ffffff'; }; I was hoping...
  4. How to write an If : Script : Variable = "word"

That worked perfectly.  As always Shaz, appreciate the help. I would mark this as solved but in this new format I'm unclear on how to do it.
  5. How to write an If : Script : Variable = "word"

Thank you for your reply DOTCrepper. I was hoping there was a way I could avoid having to create a dummy variable using scripts directly.  But there may not be.  Because using a dummy variable would mean I'll have to create new variables for what would essentially be the same purpose. For...
  6. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

That may be true of some people Sataed but not all. Not everyone has the same sexual preferences they did at 12 years old that they have now.   I have to go. :)    Thank you for the interesting conversation.
  7. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

But it is. As I told you in my last post - I know many people who's sexual preferences have changed over the years.
  8. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

No it doesn't.  People change without choosing to change.   Change happens naturally and is a normal unavoidable process of human development.  I know many people who's sexual preferences have changed over the years. Some people change others do not.  How a person's sexuality...
  9. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

It can be argued, but I wouldn't ascribe to the theory. I believe sexuality is subject to change as a person develops just as their other qualities and characteristics are.  I don't see it as unique in that respect.
  10. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

I believe a better way to describe that would be to say people can change.   As people mature they often adapt or exhibit different or new personality traits.  And that is true of sexual preferences as well.  
  11. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

I don't believe people choose their personalities Archeia.  They can control certain aspects of it - such as their behavior.  But people are still born with certain qualities and characteristics that make them distinctive as people.  And I would include preferences in that.  And not just sexual...
  12. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

I understand what you are saying.  In the end I suppose you have to decide what your priorities are. My priority is creating a game that is fun and that the player will enjoy.  So I tend to stay way from forcing certain traits on the main protagonist that may or may not agree with the player...
  13. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

A personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.  So yes, I would include sexuality and that individual's sexual preferences as a part of their overall personality. So I don't believe I am wrong.  We will just have to agree to...
  14. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

Fair point. Though I believe you can have an exciting story with a myriad of different and controversial characters without forcing the player to individually role play as one.
  15. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

No, it probably doesn't. But chances are an insignificant amount of people are going to be annoyed by a hedgehog or a plumber.  So i don't think that's an accurate comparison. If you want to make a game that has a protagonist who makes a point to describe his or her homosexuality you are...
  16. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

Not necessarily. For example: I have played several games in the past where I really enjoyed the game play.  But what would have otherwise been an enjoyable play experience was literally ruined for me because I was forced to play as a character who's personality I could not stand.   I have...
  17. How do you feel about LGBT characters in games?

Variety is the spice of life.  So I'm all for adding characters with different personality traits including but not limited to sexual orientation. But I would caution the game-maker from forcing their players to role play as certain individuals with these or other accentuated characteristics...
  18. How to write an If : Script : Variable = "word"

I would like to set up a conditional branch that checks if a variable is equal to a specific word instead of a number or variable.  Something like this: If : Script : $GameVariables.value(1) = "word" Is it possible to do this?  And if so - would someone write me an example so I can correct...
  19. How do I store the variable number of each of actor's equipment type?

I can envision this being possible through a lengthy common event that checks what Armor pieces the character has equipped prior to the class change command being executed and store your data there. As a bare bones example: If: Class of Harold is Witch If: Harold has equipped Witch's Hat...
  20. Is it possible to call some kind of password event by script or plugin?

This is what I do. You may find this conditional branch script useful as well Kanji: $gameActors.actor(n).name() === $gameVariables.value(x)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.
Either I just had one of those dreams where you think you're awake, or I have time traveled. I woke up at 6:58am this morning, heard my father leaving for work, laid back down, now its 1:16am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayato7729