easy , ignore it and make your own game with your own style while having fun , if you too focus on other games you will lose sight on the importance of your game ( what exactly do you want to make game for ? ).
dont be discouraged with other games , make your own and pour your time and effort...
" player can walk through every tile for some reason "
perhaps you have blank O tiles in 2nd / 3rd layer that is NOT the very first tile .
only use first tile (upper far left) to have blank tiles on 2nd + 3rd that doesnt override all tiles .
" even with the X's on them or passages. "...
im xp user but i suggest also looking for the script that you need for your game because some script made for a particular game maker only .
xp is old so many script available out there .
mv is new although it does have newest script for it out there but not as much as xp (for now) it...
thats really not a nice things to say :| , at least give your reasons for it .
desolation: maybe cool for zombie game , or dramatic scene .
btw at 2:10 the screeching pitch hurt my ears , is that acceptable to you ?
although to be fair that weird...
1. know for sure that its because of the paralax map and not the music that you did not pack , its possible to decrease the size of music/sound into just a few 30-100 byte (sound) , music probably more than 100 byte .
2. decrease the size of the paralax map = decrease their quality . -> use...
1. yes .
2. in rpg maker people world yes , outside of it most people probably would like combat/grinding stuff .
3. not me , i wont like it in the slightest , dunno about everyone else .
4. do what you love/have fun with .
stick with 1 rpgm program instead of jack of all trade , stick with 1 style of graphic so they wont look weird .
if you want to use program that can be used in multiple platform and get lots of potential to be played then get MV ,
i never used it but i heard it can be cross over .
The right kind of creativity is adding your flavoring and layering on tested and proven tropes, not tearing them down and rebuild things in your image. Just like how you don't cook eggs with a brick or a chainsaw, but instead learning on how to make your eggs look good and different than the other eggs.