Search results

1. bustedradio

how to show picture in front of message box?

@Andar omg, i cant believed i didn't even think of that. i feel like such a dummy. thank you so much for your help! edit : now I have a new problem, if i make the windows transparent, the menu becomes transparent as well xD
  2. bustedradio

@Sauteed_Onion thank you for the complement! i'm sorry i guess i wasn't clear enough. this is what i meant when Galv's plugin is tied to the message box size: the effect i wanted to get was this (but with the window behind the picture) : a few characters have larger pictures than others...
  3. bustedradio

hello, i'm sorry this is kind of a dumb question. how do i show pictures in front of message boxes? i tried using Galv's message busts along with Yanfly's message core, but the bust's position is locked to the size of the message, causing some problems. so i decided to use pictures instead, but...
  4. bustedradio

How hard of games do you prefer

For me, I usually like having a fair challenge. If it's an action game, I like the Soulsborne school of game design. They're very challenging games that force you to be more considerate of your actions. If you just charge in and button mash without thinking, then you're gonna get your ass...
  5. bustedradio

Importance of OST

I think music and sound can be very important to setting the mood of the game. For example, Undertale uses the music in a way that really tugs on the heartstrings. When I'm in Toriel's house, the music gives me a real sense of nostalgia and warmth, but also awkwardness and bittersweet. You can...
  6. bustedradio

Naming the Protagonist

For me, it depends on the game. For heavily story driven games, I will always stick to the default names or whatever the community agreed upon name is. Usually protagonists in these types of games tend to have their own kind of personality, even if it's only conveyed through dialogue options...
  7. bustedradio

Too much usless dialouge?

Ah I'm sorry. I wanted to use my game as an example how I wrote observational text and whether or not it's detrimental to the player experience. I would like to become a boarder topic. Well I guess the real question is, what would be considered good observational text or how should it be...
  8. bustedradio

Too much usless dialouge?

Edit : New question : what would be considered good observational text or how should it be handled to enrich the player's experience? Like whenever your character is observing an object or a scene they can't interact with, like two people having an argument at a fruit stand.
  9. bustedradio

Ideas for "Death"

Hmm . . . well in my universe I have two death gods. The first one is called The Great Forest King Naga. As his name implies, he is a white tailed naga and his forest is where spirits would rest. The second one is his spouse named Moose. He was a young child who wandered into the forest in...
  10. bustedradio

What Type of Games are you Working on?

I know this sounds real original, but I'm working on a horror game where a bunch of teenagers get stuck in a haunted school, haha. Although it's not the main focus, the main 5 characters are all LGBT+ and some of the side characters are as well. I know it probably sounds like a political...
  11. bustedradio

Describe what your first game was like.

My first game was on VX Ace. It was never finished, but I'm pretty surprised how far I got. There were roughly 10 maps. Over world, three towns, a dungeon, some shops and a handful of houses. I was most proud of my little port city. It was surrounded by water with nice little canals running...
  12. bustedradio

The Old Map Size Question

To me, it depends on what kind of city it is. If it's a city that's cluttered and overly detailed with no distinct areas/districts, then I prefer to have the map broken up. Having the city in chunks make's it easier for me to remember where everything should be. When I enter one chunk, I know...
  13. bustedradio

Opinions on How to Start Off a Game.

I guess I'm a bit more boring, haha. I like to start the game with a short cut scene, just enough to get a feel for the characters and their interactions with each other as well as a bit of backstory. I don't start in medias res, but just before the big event is about to happen. For example...
  14. bustedradio

Thoughts on differing art styles between actor and enemy battlers

I prefer games to have a consistent style, however I'm lenient if the game creator does not have the skills or resources to make art for their game. I feel it's too jarring if I see pixel chibis fighting painted scary monsters side by side. If the battle takes place in first person with only...
  15. bustedradio

Showing vs Telling

@Lynks Honestly I don't mind the whole "many years later" splash screen. It doesn't take me out of the experience. Hell, one of my favorite ps3 games, Neir, has a "1,312 Years Later" splash screen after the beginning cut scene and intro battle. If you don't want to tell the player, you can...
  16. bustedradio

Concerning Art Donations

If the artist is open to it, then it's fine to donate. First check their website, profile, or signature. If they have a tip or donation button like Ko-Fi or Paypal, feel free to give them a few dollars. If they're advertising a subscription platform like 127.0.0.1/banned.url, feel free to make a pledge...
  17. bustedradio

Should I name all of my NPCs?

I think naming all the NPCs will be over kill. Prime example, I don't remember 99% of the names of the NPCs in Skyrim and Fallout games. To me, they'll always be just generic people. The only people I do remember are my favorite companions, some of the important plot characters, and maybe a...
  18. bustedradio

In a RPG? Do you have prefered sexes for story?

I just voted. I am female and I prefer to play as male characters. I like playing as a person who is different from me and I I like to look at cute boys. I usually prefer playing rpg games or action games. They have female protagonists, but more often than not you play as a male character...
  19. bustedradio

The Fine Art of Instant Gratification

I think I'm slightly masochistic because I like delayed gratification. The prime example I can think of is Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Those game were made to be incredibly punishing if you don't learn how to observe elements in the game. Learning the level layout, learning enemy placement...
  20. bustedradio

Making bad guys

If you want to make interesting villain characters, I recommend watching Hunter x Hunter, though that's a 100 ep + investment haha. Pretty much every villain in that anime is just some guy who has a different view on life or a different way of living from the protagonists. For example, the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Storybook Hero demo has been well received so far. Yay! We are developing it steadily albeit slowly <_<. We will get there one day o_O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aiaiobo