Search results

1. scanime

Player move as per dice number and able to turn left/right/up/down as per the path

When Aloe mentioned nesting branches, he meant something like this: You're trying to do the if statement as a script, which works, but only if what you intend to do within the if block is also a script. ( You could use if to test using a script instead. The option is on page 4 of...
  2. scanime

[SOLVED] Help Please with a function I'm Writing

I'm assuming that the variables c_dgr, c_sgr, c_int, and c_vit are defined somewhere else in Game_Actor. Those aren't standard variables that are part of the Game_Actor object as far as I can tell, but I don't see them anywhere else in your code sample. That said, I believe your problem is...
  3. scanime

[SOLVED] Help Please with a function I'm Writing

Are you getting any errors in your console? If you haven't tried that yet, open the console by pressing F8 while your game is running. If JavaScript throws any errors, they will show up there.
  4. scanime

Player move as per dice number and able to turn left/right/up/down as per the path

You probably want to put the Break Loop command after you change the switch. When you break out of a loop, that's the first thing the event will do. It will go straight to whatever command is after Repeat Above. So in your event, it's skipping over the Control Switch command and it never gets...
  5. scanime

Why do RM buildings/structures have no inside doors?

Most doors are made with sprites. Sprites, at least when they are for characters, have a step animation when they walk and face in one of four directions (typically). The turn/wait animates the door to open or close. Instead of a character that faces up or left, the sprite sheet uses the...
  6. scanime

Need plugin for Critical Hits to ignore defense

I tried the formula in a brand new game, and it seemed to work for me. To test it, I edited the Minotaur enemy and gave him 300 DEF. Then I made a copy of Harold (his twin brother Horald) and gave him a new trait: Ex-Paramter Critical Rate +1000%. With that, he is pretty much guaranteed to...
  7. scanime

Gender-based text depending on the choice at the beginning.

And in case you completely missed it at first like me, you can set a variable to text by using the Script option at the bottom of the Control Variables command. Then put your text there in quotes, like so: 'she' or "him" I spent all my time before that use pure scripting to assign variables...
  8. scanime

How to make Rpg Maker MV have manual updates(Steam version)?

@rpgmakerxp go to the Betas tab on the application properties in Steam and under "Select the beta you would like to use" pick the version you want to have, such as 1.5.1. Your RPG Maker MV will then stay at that version.
  9. scanime

Choosing between Tileset/Parallax/Doodad

@LackeDragon there is a bit of lag when I close the menu in my game between the time I press Escape and when the menu actually closes. I didn't think it was the Doodad plugin, but that could be the culprit.
  10. scanime

Choosing between Tileset/Parallax/Doodad

I've been using Yanfly's Doodads plugin. I like that it gives more flexibility than the standard tilesets, but doesn't require as much work as making parallax maps. I also like that I can easily drop in a new custom doodad instead of creating a new tile sheet. I'd like to do parallax maps...
  11. scanime

"Enemies Killed" counter won't work

@Voltss, if you're not sure what value your variables are being set to, you can press the F9 key while testing your game. This will bring up a menu with a list of all your switches and variables, and from there you can see what they are currently set to. Edit: beaten by @Aloe Guvner! :)
  12. scanime

Suggestions for implementing secret doors

If the door is secret and needs to be hidden, you could just leave the event graphic empty. You won't need any special graphics for that. Then, when the secret door is no longer secret, use another event page that shows a regular door. Or are you looking for a graphic for the secret door...
  13. scanime

New: Need Help With Relationship System

It can get pretty complicated, but it gets easier the more you use it. I don't know what specifically you are having trouble with, but people here like helping. If you're having trouble figuring out the different commands are within a script, you may want to take a look at the Google Sheets...
  14. scanime

Modified Soldier Battlers

Done! I updated the original post with the new battler. Let me know if that's what you were thinking of.
  15. scanime

That's fine by me. I've got a lot of it separated in to layers on PhotoShop, so it would be fairly quick for me to do if you'd like.
  16. scanime

needed additional soldier battlers with different weapons, so I tried my hand at making a few. Since these are edited from the MV battlers, they are free to use however you see fit, as long as you own RPG Maker MV. If you want to share my work, please link back to this thread. Enjoy!
  17. scanime

(Help!) RMMV Interactive world map.

This plugin might cover your needs: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/world-map-plugin-2-00b.56133/
  18. scanime

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

@Bex, you can open that file in any text editor, like Notepad (although Notepad is really not the best for opening up so many lines of code). Double-clicking on it probably causes Windows to try to execute the file instead of opening it for editing. If you right-click on it, you should see an...
  19. scanime

@jack2396, here's what your regex should probably look like: var match = notedata.match( /<Help Description>([\s\S]*?)<\/Help Description>/ ); if( match ) { text2 += match[ 1 ] + '\n'; }
  20. scanime

@Bex, add a Script at the end of your Movement Route with this code: $gameMap.events()[ this._eventId - 1 ].setPosition( $dataMap.events[ this._eventId ].x, $dataMap.events[ this._eventId ].y ); This should teleport the event back to its starting position. We use $gameMap to reference the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
Why, translator, whyyyy???
-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charliegn