Search results

1. Releasing a soundtrack alongside your game from multiple artists?

This is something I've been unable to find clear information on. So for example, I have a few songs from a musician who made a few songs specifically for my game. Another musician allows free-use/edits of their songs, while another one's songs were obtained from a purchased rpg maker music...
  2. How to make Rpg Maker MV have manual updates(Steam version)?

Currently having issues with updates preventing me from even playtesting because of some JavaScript update/s, and I'd like to be able to just not deal with this anymore. Right clicking the software in the steam client and under properties allows me to change the Automatic updates settings as...
  3. Adding custom art to play during battle

Hello, I've created several custom art that can be used as a "summon" or special skill on GIMP. At the moment, they are not able to be in the game as .gif. I tried adding them in as animations with the 192x192 cell grid, but it just didn't turn out the way I would like. I learned you need a...
  4. Need help getting this animated

I created extra animations on the sprite sheet for a specific character. For example, if my archer uses skill 32, this would activate the "thrust" animation I designed on their sprite sheet, then the thrust animation would play backwards, then play the "swing" animation slowly. Or skill 33...
  5. How to make a color-tile based puzzle?

I've played several games where there's a specific colored tile/block that can only be placed on the same color/specific spot(or the path only continues when it's on the same color). I found an example in this video. The puzzle(that you see in the thumbnail)starts at 12:31. Anyone know how...
  6. Sv actor animation action sequence question.

Hi, so I couldn't find much online about this. Here's some info. On my custom sv actor spritesheets(yes they adhere to the game's specifications), I create extra "animations" in the unused attack movements. For example, if an archer uses "missile" then I'll create extra animations in "thrust"...
  7. Describe what your first game was like.

It doesn't have to be "completed" necessarily. I'd just like to read about others' experiences and maybe others would like to also. =) As for me, I basically had 3 maps. The middle map was a tiny town with no homes, just lots of people with long branching chat/phrases. If you go north...
  8. How to recreate this effect for the in game screen?

A long time ago I played a game called Dragon warrior monsters.  I liked the "warping" effect that warped the whole screen.  Though I'd like to be able to create my own variations of this. What I want to know is how to make something like this? Was it made with a video of some sort? Was there...
  9. Yanfly's row's plugin: no visible rows option in Battle?

Hi, I recently tried adding a plugin that creates rows for battle into my game.  The issue is simple.  The option "row/s" doesn't appear at all during battle.  I have it enabled and for it to appear in battle as "true"(as such is the default) yet it fails to appear in battle. I created a new...
  10. Altering sideview sv actor frame speed?

Hello, I recently finished creating another sv actor and was wondering how to adjust its frame speed?  In particular I wanted to slow it down, so I attempted to raise the frame speed with the following. I already tried the following note tag usually used for enemies and added it to the notes...
  11. What is your opinion on this art style for characters?

Notice the eyes of the characters.  The "whites" of the eyes are the same color as their skin. To me it seems to make the eyes look smaller, especially if the pupil is directly underneath the eyelid, but I'm not sure of what else?  What do you all think? Also,would you consider it to be...
  12. Need help with sv actor dimensions

Hi, so I've never made any sv actors from scratch before.  For that reason I used a file that already had the dimensions and characters on it, I just used the other characters as a guide, deleted them, used a grid 32x32, and I created my character. That's where the problem is.  The dimensions...
  13. Is this a good or bad thing for someone to say?

So, in my game there's people of various cultures and you can tell immediately by how they look(unique sprites/homes/area) The issue is that I  researched videos, audio, etc. to understand how these people speak when attempting to speak English. I then translated the English spoken by these...
  14. Enemy book RMMV plugin edits?

Hello, so I hope this is the right forum for this, but I've been trying to figure out a way to make some changes to this plugin. See, what happens is when you engage in battle with an enemy, you don't even have to defeat it for all of its item drops to appear in the enemy book. I do...
  15. How is this version different from the others?

Hi, I've been thinking of getting this version since it would be a lot easier to get the custom battle effects/moves, etc., but I'm not sure about a few things. One thing I'm wondering is if I would be able to utilize the script that animates characters in a "golden sun way" in the following...
  16. What made you quit a game(something about game)?

Hi, so basically I want to look at the stuff people reply with to get more insight on other players to incorporate or take those thoughts/experiences into consideration when creating future games.  Perhaps others can use this information too. Here's are my experiences: There really are 2...
  17. Modifying elemental boosts, state % rates, etc. in skill creation?

Hi this is kind of 2 questions in one.  First off I was wondering how to make element effects and % rates of states in skill creation customizable? For example: a skill called "prepare" that temporarily boosts your fire damage/skills(physical or elemental) by 150%. a skill called "shield"...
  18. Error in animated battlers script?

Hi, I was testing the limits of the script of the animated battlers found here(first post):  http://save-point.org/thread-4446.html It uses RPG maker XP I noticed that whenever the enemy has a "down sprite" such as the frog or sabrecat thing included with it, and they are the last enemy to...
  19. Making teleport item that checks for visited towns?

Hi, here is how the item works. As you explore the game, entering any town activates a switch for that town.  This allows you to view that town's name as a teleport option via use of a teleport item. If you have towns A, B, C.  You can visit them in any order, but you can't teleport to any...
  20. Need some help eventing boss skills

Hi this can be closed or deleted now as I've yet to receive help for so long. I'll figure on my own somehow.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backdrop_Finisher