Search results

1. Raths Rants

Adding an Item to a Variable

1) Is there a reason why you need a variable for each fruit? 2) Why not make one variable called "fruit_count?" 3) How do the players acquire more fruit? 4) Are the fruits consumable? The idea is to build two events. One to increase the fruit count, and one to decrease it. Both could be a...
  2. Raths Rants

Simple QoL idea when using a Face Set Template

The first row is for basic emotions. The second row is for extreme emotions. "Other" is what I use for defeated characters. Most emotions can be multi-purpose and can be easily sub-categorized. The image for happy can be substituted for another similar emotion without requiring a unique...
  3. Raths Rants

Changing random battles during gameplay.

Wouldn't you just need to set and track a variable? Each time an event is run it increases/decreases by a specific amount. The control variable event would be set on the "win" condition. This is an event I wrote for one of my beginner quests. It checks to see if the quest has been accepted...
  4. Raths Rants

Simple QoL idea when using a Face Set Template

So in my "never to be finished project", each NPC has at least 4 face variations. These default to Normal, Happy, Sad, Mad. Every character has a custom face set and .json file if they have a dialog interaction with the player. I'm forgetful, so I would constantly reference the template. The...
  5. Raths Rants

What exactly are "Doodads"?

Voted!
  6. Raths Rants

What exactly are "Doodads"?

Why is this not built into RPG Maker, it would be such a game changer!
  7. Raths Rants

Show Picture Help

Yeah, I have that exact basic setup now. It's going to give me the push to make actually busts instead of using facesets. Working with a friend who is a 3d modeler. We're going to make each character as a 3d model, then screen shot them in the 4 basic emotions (i.e. normal, happy, sad, mad)...
  8. Raths Rants

Show Picture Help

I revised my question to make it clearer (hopefully). That's what happens when your ask question when you first wake up in the early early AM ;-)
  9. Raths Rants

how to make character creator

I'm actually working on something like this now using common events. It's pretty straight forward and no plugins required. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/show-picture-help.101147/
  10. Raths Rants

Show Picture Help

REVISED QUESTION: Can you select an individual sprite off a tile sheet using the "Show Picture" command in MV without using a script and/or plugin? If not, is there a light weight solution to this problem? ORIGINAL POST: I am working on this idea to build a common event system that displays...
  11. Raths Rants

Turning off all self-switches does not reset the event?

I am stumped myself. Only thing that sticks out to me is an open "ELSE" statement under "If : Self Var Seeds = 1" and when player is facing up it only checks "If : PlayerY = Self Var DownY". You might try putting in a wait timer and/or using a Label to Jump to for the last option instead of...
  12. Raths Rants

Playtest Loads Old Version

I might of missed it, did you try re-deploying your game to a different save location? I had this very same issue when ever I tried to update my web server. The version would not update on the server. When I play tested it locally it was just fine. I did a re-deploy and opened it from that...
  13. Raths Rants

Maybe try changing it from Parallel to Action Button. Add a closing text box that states they received +1 Turnip. Then on the first page add another text box to the player has to click on to ensure the event is working.
  14. Raths Rants

It's possible the event is being called out of order and/or you have more pages then needed. I ran into this very same problem with an event I was building. I had to do several passes to get it just right :-/ What is the event supposed to do exactly and why does it need 5 pages?
  15. Raths Rants

Save files now loading

FIXED! I renamed the project folder. Thanks Andar!
  16. Raths Rants

Save files now loading

D:\_MV Projects\Patanica\temp1\index.html //============ // rpg_core.js v1.6.1 //============ As for updating plugin/libs and rpg_core.js. I don't remember. I just went through the process using the Steam update. Pretty sure this might be my issue. I am currently reviewing the 1.61 Stable...
  17. Raths Rants

Save files now loading

Save files not loading...
  18. Raths Rants

Save files now loading

FIXED - Thanks Andar! Just recently started working on my "never to be finished" project again. Making some good progress, however I ran into a snag. Whenever I try to load a save file just after opening the engine, even one just created it is corrupted. If I save a game, close the engine and...
  19. Raths Rants

Subclass Conditional Branch Item

I popped over to Yanfly's site and read up on the system. From what I read I don't think a standard event will work. The subclass would have to replace the primary class. If not, the event would have to call the location of the subclass for it to work. Your original event is checking the...
  20. Raths Rants

Subclass Conditional Branch Item

Hmm, it might be a new feature part of the 1.6.0 beta. I see you're using a plugin. This may be why what I am suggesting is not working. I am not sure how the Plugin Command : ChangeSubclass works. Yanfly's Plugins are awesome. Well off to bed. You can PM me if you like. Have a great evening!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karic31