Search results

1. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender (v1.1, 2/20/2015)

You mean, you've only been able to use the D-Pad, with this module active, by using joy2key? Or without this module? Because by default, this module uses `:UP`, `DOWN`, `:LEFT`, `:RIGHT` to signify the directional pad specifically, though you'll need to make sure you've adjusted any scripts...
  2. Lone Wolf

Not sure about being unable to use the keyboard at all. You are sending calls to Input and not WolfPad, right? And you're sure you don't have any other gamepads plugged in/connected via Bluetooth/etc. ? As for the other thing, disabling the keyboard if the pad is plugged in was just a matter of...
  3. Lone Wolf

I don't even need to support my own scripts anymore. Nifty. As for links... I posted this back in the early days of this forum, and it breaks every time they redo the layout. I'll get right on fixing the top post. Again.
  4. Lone Wolf

For those who are curious, my gamepad module was modeled as closely as possible to the original RGSS Input module as could be determined from the exposed API. I apologize in advance for this response, but... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO CHANGE THE INPUT MAPPING HASH. Most of the...
  5. Lone Wolf

GE Game Adapter

@ReapergurlThe standard mappings on an older Logitech pad don't correspond exactly to an XInput spec controller, for one. Secondly, there is no "C" binding when using my controller module, so that's why it won't behave as intended. Thirdly, PadConfig does nothing unless you alter other scripts...
  6. Lone Wolf

The DLL and the INI file generated by x360ce need to be in the same directory as the game's EXE.
  7. Lone Wolf

Hmmm... x360ce should work fine, unless... Did it create xinput1_3.dll in the game directory? You might need to tell it to install xinput9_1_0.dll instead. I let myself get talked into pointing this module's API calls to the generic Windows version because people couldn't be bothered to...
  8. Lone Wolf

Yeah, I didn't write a DirectInput version because there is no way to guarantee the inputs will correspond to the same buttons between controllers. Sometimes Button 1 is X, sometimes it's Square, and the input handler on its own doesn't know anything beyond Button 1 is Button 1. In addition to...
  9. Lone Wolf

What you should know, then, is that the best function for testing is actually WolfPad.readout, which shows you the exact controller state for that frame, if you can make sense of it.
  10. Lone Wolf

I mean, it's undocumented debug code, but I tried to make it easy enough to find if someone went looking.
  11. Lone Wolf

Simplest way is to add the line WolfPad.test to the beginning of Main (before rgss_main) and run your project with the pad you want to test plugged in and the console open. That will tell you how many controllers you have that were detected by XInput.DLL.
  12. Lone Wolf

Are you asking this before or after setting up this script (well, not really a script) in your own project? The short answer is I got the D-Pad to work by entirely replacing the existing input handling. Separating D-Pad input from the analog sticks isn't possible in the default engine.
  13. Lone Wolf

On a whim, I tried out the script you gave me with two controllers running (redundantly) through x360ce (both a version from 2011 and the current build), and alternately turning one or the other off, but was still unable to duplicate inputs in the way you describe. Are you absolutely sure you...
  14. Lone Wolf

@Rikifive I don't use an emulator myself, or I'd be able to help more with that. Someone being clever probably hard-coded something to return Controller 1's input if Controller 2 couldn't be found, without properly considering the consequences. @AceOfAces_Mod You're mixing press? and trigger...
  15. Lone Wolf

@Rikifive It must be something in the XInput emulator DLL, because I'm having trouble duplicating that error. If the emulator seems to be working fine, you might simply have accidentally coded something to check both controllers if one can't be found. @AceOfAces_Mod As I mentioned in my first...
  16. Lone Wolf

Product Relase: Karugamo

Aw, man. On the one hand, it's great to see these get an official western release. On the other, Tobii was one of the best kept secrets of Japan's royalty-free BGM scene, but now everyone will be using his (her?) stuff.
  17. Lone Wolf

Ah, that was it. A while back I changed the core library from xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll to match the current standard, but of course that particular controller emulator works by replacing a specific DLL, so it wouldn't work without a rename. I also hadn't tested it with x360ce since I...
  18. Lone Wolf

I was writing this long complicated thing, but I figured out what actually happened. You can't check Input.trigger? for the same button twice in the same frame. The first check will work, but the second (and on) will be discarded as repeated input. If you look at the original code for that...
  19. Lone Wolf

For that, you'd want to set move_with_stick to false over in PadConfig (to prevent it from redirecting automatically), and change Game_Player.move_by_input to something like this: def move_by_input return if !movable? return if $game_map.interpreter.running? dir = Input.dir4 != 0...
  20. Lone Wolf

You need to write WolfPad calls the same as the Input calls you're running them alongside, or they'll be handled differently. For example this line of your code is checking standard RGSS3 input via trigger? but WolfPad input via press? return process_ok if ok_enabled? &&...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewArdena