Search results

1. Best place to buy!

I've really become obsessed with the Pop Horror sets. They remind me of PSX graphics and I really want to throw something together using them. However, after talking to some people I've come upon a dilemma. Right now the packs are on sale on Steam, so I was geared up to buy them. A friend that...
  2. The Resource WIP Thread 3

The new style of sprite I'm working with. Trying to transition from doing MV edits to something more original. Mainly concerned about shading. Any other advice would be most welcome...especially about how to sprite hair!
  3. The Resource WIP thread 2

Revised original character. Made the sprite a tad taller to avoid that squished look, and changed the hair to a more standard cut and shade of brown. Also lightened his skin color a bit, and revised the coloring of the clothing. As well as added a bit of uniform parting under the belt. Added...
  4. The Resource WIP thread 2

A rough sketch-up of the main character for my game. Still needs a bit of shading reworked in a few places, eye color, things like that. When working with bright red and blue base colors for clothing I often find it hard to shade correctly. Other than that I'm still debating about changing his...
  5. Burned out at the moment. Right now I'm going through all of the houses and shops and remapping...

Burned out at the moment. Right now I'm going through all of the houses and shops and remapping them with stock tiles. Decided to call it a day and take a break for a bit, maybe play some of the completed games on here for inspiration.
  6. Battle Engine Symphony

So I know this has close ties to Yanfly so I'm assuming Battle Symphony is also free for Non-Com and Com as well? I just wanted to confirm before I stopped tinkering with my own script and started using this awesome one!
  7. VXACE Sideview?

Hey thanks a lot! I'll be sure to check it out.
  8. We're going back through the code and replacing character busts with names in a name box using...

We're going back through the code and replacing character busts with names in a name box using Yanfly's message system.
  9. VXACE Sideview?

I've been working on editing things out so that instead of battlers, enemy sprites appear in combat instead. It's been hard, and I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel and looking for a complete script for such a thing already on here, but while I'm doing that I was hoping there was a way to...
  10. When I sit down at my desk and start working on my game for the day I more often than not have a...

When I sit down at my desk and start working on my game for the day I more often than not have a pretty high standard of what I want to get done before I stop for the night. I decided not to take summer courses this year, and I work during the day, so most of my evenings are free for project...
  11. I felt the same way every time I thought I wanted to work on a game. Eventually I just found a...

I felt the same way every time I thought I wanted to work on a game. Eventually I just found a good to help with it and keep me motivated, now we're about 1/4 of the way finished with our first game!
  12. Plot and Character Feedback

@Little Adventurer Yeah, something like that! We actually have the material for the next three chapter drafted, it's just a matter of implementing it. We tried to go in an unconventional way with the story to give something a little different. In the earlier version, before the remap, we...
  13. The Resource WIP thread 2

@PrincessPixel I really like how they look, in all honesty. It reminds me of Earthbound for some odd reason and with me that's always a good thing. On a side note, I was messing around with some chair edits after deciding that just having stools to sit on isn't very realistic. I took the...
  14. Graphics tablet or Mouse?

I'm no where near competent enough to call myself an artist, yet I do love drawing and working with Pixel Art. The two, however, have always been separate things for me. Spriting/pixel art I've always done with point and click mouse work, while drawing Manga characters I typically stick with my...
  15. Plot and Character Feedback

Prologue: Ryne is a boy of thirteen living within the small village of Atlas with his grandfather. In the village there is a sacred sword stuck in a stone slab, a sword that no one has ever been able to pull free. Every year a festival is held in the village, one of revelry and enlightenment...
  16. The Resource WIP thread 2

@Celianna Thanks, you are a big help. It takes time to polish up spriting skills but I intend to keep at it during my down time until I'm happy with my work. I'm going to go in and see if I can make something a tad more organic based on your advice. Thanks again!
  17. The Resource WIP thread 2

So I went back and looked at the trees I made for my little test game that featured my friends and myself. It was a real silly type of game that lasted for about two hours maybe, and the graphics and story reflected that. Anyway, I looked at all the tiles and objects I made for that game and...
  18. Trying to acclimate to spriting and the RPGM systems after such a long hiatus has -NOT- been an...

Trying to acclimate to spriting and the RPGM systems after such a long hiatus has -NOT- been an easy feat, but fun nonetheless!
  19. The Resource WIP thread 2

Well right now I'm going in and trying to sprite just a plain grass that would be used in, for instance, a village setter. I'm doing the various palette tests, trying to find the right fit, but like I said I hate doing grass. It's by far the most tedious and repetitive of all the sprites I have...
  20. The Resource WIP thread 2

So I was just wanting feedback on this grass tile, it's one of the earlier ones I made for a BYOND game way back when. It's intended for a deep-forest floor type setting, but I think it ended up just being used for general grass of his game map. Give me your hardest criticism, I can take it...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadRosee