Search results

1. TMS

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

So I'm thinking for the first time about damage formulas I might want to use. I've noticed people in this thread talking about Math.randomInt(x). Is there a place in MV's Help documentation (or anywhere else) that describes stuff like that? Edit: I have a few other questions. The first one I'm...
  2. TMS

Function Keys Not Working

Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. I just now saw this, since I didn't get a notification email.
  3. TMS

How do I check my project version? Is updating it relatively simple?
  4. TMS

So I was looking at my old project today (which I haven't really done much in), and tried to use the Yanfly Doodads plugin during a playtest. But nothing happens when I hit F10, or for that matter when I hit F9, which I thought was supposed to bring up something else. Does anyone know what the...
  5. TMS

Party Size Considerations

Since you bring it up, I was thinking about that as well. Part of my reason for keeping the number of playable characters small was so that all of them (or at least most of them) could participate in battle at once. Huh. I wasn't aware the first Dragon Quest didn't use a party system. Was it...
  6. TMS

To be honest, I wasn't trying to achieve anything more specific than completing the game. I didn't mean it to be a learning exercise, except insofar that there will presumably be a learning curve involved. I've fiddled around with various RPG Makers for years now, so I was looking to put that...
  7. TMS

Despite several attempts, I've yet to finish an RPG Maker project, so right now I'm preparing to begin work on what might become my first game, and I'm debating with myself on how I should handle the player's party. A search of this forum shows me a number of threads asking things like, "how...
  8. TMS

According to forum records, it's been a year and a half since my last attempt at getting a game...

According to forum records, it's been a year and a half since my last attempt at getting a game started. Better luck this time, I guess.
  9. TMS

Hmm... Maybe my first game should be my horror-ish one. It'd be much less math. lol

Hmm... Maybe my first game should be my horror-ish one. It'd be much less math. lol
  10. TMS

Ah. Well, at least I'm not alone then. Funny, of the three, SAKAN is the most expensive and, if...

Ah. Well, at least I'm not alone then. Funny, of the three, SAKAN is the most expensive and, if the reviews are anything to go by, the least useful.
  11. TMS

SAKAN is the one I have, and the help files are... well, not helpful. Like, I have no idea how...

SAKAN is the one I have, and the help files are... well, not helpful. Like, I have no idea how to export properly (unless you're expected to only export one new tile at a time).
  12. TMS

How are there no tutorials for stuff like SAKAN, MADO, and GENE?

How are there no tutorials for stuff like SAKAN, MADO, and GENE?
  13. TMS

Finding Music

So this is kind of a dumb question. I noticed that there was a sale on today, and I started looking at the resources that were marked down. And it occurred to me, like it has before, that finding music for your game is really the most difficult part of resource gathering, because unlike with...
  14. TMS

That would probably be simpler, though I don't have spriting skills.

That would probably be simpler, though I don't have spriting skills.
  15. TMS

Trying to decide if I need a plugin that gives the player a shadow. Do good games need player...

Trying to decide if I need a plugin that gives the player a shadow. Do good games need player shadows?
  16. TMS

RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 and GENE!

Okay, it's finally working again. Thank you!
  17. TMS

Okay, thanks to Archeia, I was able to return to using 1.5.1. Unfortunately, I'm still getting an error message when I try to playtest. Is that an issue with my plugins, or what?
  18. TMS

I managed to find that Betas tab, since it was mentioned in previous posts. However, the box there says "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs," and I can't change it. I click on the arrow to the side, but nothing happens.
  19. TMS

I'm sorry to have to ask, but how do I return to using 1.5.1? The initial post tells me I can, but doesn't really tell me how to do it. Do I need to download the installer and reinstall it?
  20. TMS

Removing Default Parameters

It works! Thank you very much.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep snapping wireless headphones. I think thats how they get ya, good sound quality but cheap plastic...
Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.
School books are so expensive... I just paid a fortune. :(
Does anyone knows those arts are just rip-offs from anime, or those are custom arts? There are no availlable TOS information so I'm not sure it's safe to get them
The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightfight