Search results

1. PsychicToaster

Why the rules of this forum are NAZIest !?

Allow me to recommend a thorough grounding in history and the significance of "Naziest"(Nazi) views before you compare not being fond of forum rules to an authoritarian ideology that has resulted in millions of deaths worldwide and is still problem to this day, albeit a smaller and more fringe...
  2. PsychicToaster

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Some houses I'm working on using PVG's 127.0.0.1/banned.url tiles. Two 10x10s with different styling, and a little 5x5 on an elevated foundation. There's some issues with the floor tiles showing through the bases of the walls on the 10x10s, I might have just used the wrong tiles. But it's a WIP
  3. PsychicToaster

Screenshot Thread (PVGames)

https://i.imgur.com/rpYjREw.png Taming a Direwolf!
  4. PsychicToaster

Is there something wrong with the forums? Every video you post Zyphli...it's not visible. Lol. I can open the page source and it's clearly in there, but for some odd reason they never display.
  5. PsychicToaster

I think I have a nine frame attack animation played at 12 ish frames per second? I can't recall, but fiddle with the frames per second setting. It just fills in the gaps in the animation. It won't add any "between" frames to it, but it does create a pretty great optical illusion of more motion.
  6. PsychicToaster

Just duplicate each frame in the sequence. So the first frame you'll have two or three of, the same for the other two frames. Then play the animation a bit faster to cycle the extra frames. It'll smooth it out.
  7. PsychicToaster

Curious if you can add a few more frames to the attack animations. If you can have like 8 frames and just play them at an increased rate then it will smooth out the animations. Been working in another engine and doing that, it works marvelously.
  8. PsychicToaster

Holy COW yes they do. Wow! How hard is that plugin to use?
  9. PsychicToaster

The rumors in the rpg

I'm not asking for realism I'm just asking for some proper context in interactions. Certainly, let's have some conversations. But maybe when a city just got done dealing with a group of hooded figures performing mind magic rituals to manipulate the political landscape in their favor to stage a...
  10. PsychicToaster

How do you guys come up with fantasy names?

I'd suggest some minor constructed language use to drop the "von". I get what you're going for, but Germanic flavor is not the same thing as just tearing a word out of German. Come up with a particle of your own ^^. I use Vulgarlang to create my own constructed languages, and from there a...
  11. PsychicToaster

The rumors in the rpg

I hate all of these things, unless I can answer one question as the player:"Why are you telling me this, of all people?" I understand playing the hero and all, you probably have a reputation that precedes you. Perhaps the NPCs all heard about some heroic thing you did 40 miles away via their...
  12. PsychicToaster

Game & Map Screenshots 11

To kick off the thread, I might as well release this from its quarantine over in the PVGames subforum and post it here. I made an inn. The image is divided into sections that each display a level of the building. There are some flaws here and there, but this was my first big project piece using...
  13. PsychicToaster

Newbie Question

You'll definitely want to learn to parallax map and use plugins to really get the most mileage out of these. They're well worth the effort though. Check out the helpful plugins list in this subforum to get an idea of what you'll find useful. Eventing and other functions of RPG Maker still work...
  14. PsychicToaster

I plan on just using Terrax or something because I can't stand lighting via drawing xD. Im bad at it
  15. PsychicToaster

Some more(not super great) lighting done in a few minutes with zero consideration for actual shadowing.
  16. PsychicToaster

My inn is more or less done. The bar could use more decoration, but overall I'm finally happy with it! I've created a three panel image showing all three layers of the bar(Outside, Inside Floor 2, and Inside Floor 1) set in a simple forest scene I whipped up. In this case I guess it's kind of a...
  17. PsychicToaster

Lol. Still decorating it. Adding some trays and goblets to that fancy luxury suite and I put pillows on all of the beds xD. I'm having a ton of fun with this. Super excited for some rug/carpet tiles : P to break up the repetition of the floor.
  18. PsychicToaster

Hehe. My NPCs will have a cool inn to drink and sing and get into bar fights in. I decided against a manor house due to the layout. I'm working on the interior right now. Your houses look fantastic ^^. I'll have some rural towns in the setting. This is a prominent inn within one of the larger...
  19. PsychicToaster

I'm definitely going to fill it up. I was thinking manor house, but it's not quite up to the right size. So a large inn is perfect. I'll be finishing it after work today. The combo tiles would be pretty cool to have : D lol.
  20. PsychicToaster

Right on. I use acrylic brushes to paint them. I'm not sure why I have a hard time just layering the decals together. I like to do a lot of small, detailed variation so painting works best for me I guess. My first roof. I think it worked out. There's a bit of an overlap in the center, but that...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?
Wish I could respond to @CraneSoft's latest profile post, but it does remind me. Anyone else out there who likes the Souls series not because of draconian git gud difficulty, but because of its melancholy atmosphere and various cool medieval equips?
I wish I had multiple displays!
one screen feels like using a small table, and the way i usually do things I have a lot of stuff open ...
So annoying !
This one is for all the so-called losers out here :
I like how modern gamers always referring hard games as "The Dark Souls of *Insert Genre*" without ever experiencing a Souls-like game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beldavid