Search results

1. MasterTaffer

When I say "I researched", I actually mean that I went to the Wikipedia page and read the first...

When I say "I researched", I actually mean that I went to the Wikipedia page and read the first paragraph at the top.
  2. MasterTaffer

Game & Map Screenshots 9

@Jef299 You'll want to up the wall height to two tiles tall, otherwise the bookcase looks way too tall for the room. I'd also suggest either filling out the room with more furniture/rugs, or reducing the size to 5x4...
  3. MasterTaffer

Start by making individual points of interest, then place them in a way that makes sense.

Start by making individual points of interest, then place them in a way that makes sense.
  4. MasterTaffer

If somebody makes a text game using ascii art as a stand-in for graphics, would it still be a...

If somebody makes a text game using ascii art as a stand-in for graphics, would it still be a text game?
  5. MasterTaffer

Game & Map Screenshots 9

@TimmyTheNerd Overall, the mid-section looks fine, but the outer edges could use some more vegetation to contrast with it. I would suggest maybe adding a higher density of trees, and adding a few more different kinds of flowers besides the one pink flower...
  6. MasterTaffer

I don't know why IGN even bothers to write reviews, people only seem to care about the scores.

I don't know why IGN even bothers to write reviews, people only seem to care about the scores.
  7. MasterTaffer

"I'll never finish a game, it's too much work!" Spend an hour making a 5 minute game...

"I'll never finish a game, it's too much work!" Spend an hour making a 5 minute game. Congrats, you just finished your first game.
  8. MasterTaffer

What's the name?

What's the name?
  9. MasterTaffer

Game & Map Screenshots 8

Thanks for the feedback. I guess there would be windows at the lower-most entrance of the mansion, but the game takes place entirely at night, so you just don't see any light coming from there; not sure how I'd show that. I was also planning on adding some wall-mounted "side lamps" where the...
  10. MasterTaffer

Game & Map Screenshots 8

@Nicke I like it, the map looks very visually busy without being clustered. Only critique I can think of is that I really don't think the autoshadows gel too well with the lighting system you're using. I would try removing them and seeing how it looks. So I finally have a presentable...
  11. MasterTaffer

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

I don't think that's the case since it only happens with the mouse, infact, I cant even trigger the event with Z on the keyboard. Also, I tried it in a deployment and still get the same bug. Edit: Nevermind, I see what you're talking about. Guess I'll try looking for a plugin to disable that...
  12. MasterTaffer

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Hey Yanfly, I found a pretty major bug with your region events script relating to mouse control. Here's my bug report: Plugin Name: YEP.17 - Region Events (latest version). Plugin Parameter Changes: None. Bug Explanation: After setting a footstep sound to play on a region, clicking and...
  13. MasterTaffer

Approaching Choice To Dialogue

The best method I've seen is where the choices are based on what the player is doing rather than what they are saying, while having the game react accordingly. Doing it through dialogue is kinda tacky because you are essentially putting words into the player's mouth, which can grind against the...
  14. MasterTaffer

Sapphire Action System IV

Could somebody explain to me how I can set different attack ranges to different weapons? I managed to change the attack range in the script on line 180, but I have a very basic understanding of RGSS3, and I'm not sure how I'd set it for individual weapons. @atmanSeijo Place this under the...
  15. MasterTaffer

^What he said.

^What he said.
  16. MasterTaffer

Thanks, this didn't work right for the type of sprites I'm using, but it at least helped me figure out what parts of the script to edit. I managed to change the values around a bit so that the animation will line up perfecty with most 32x64 mack sprites, I also improved the sword swing...
  17. MasterTaffer

I have a question Khas. How would I offset the height of the weapon swing animation by about 8 pixels to work with a mack sprite? I tried editing the x and y values of it in the script, but it doesn't work right. Any idea how I could make this work?
  18. MasterTaffer

I play support Ashe like a pro.

I play support Ashe like a pro.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?
Wish I could respond to @CraneSoft's latest profile post, but it does remind me. Anyone else out there who likes the Souls series not because of draconian git gud difficulty, but because of its melancholy atmosphere and various cool medieval equips?
I wish I had multiple displays!
one screen feels like using a small table, and the way i usually do things I have a lot of stuff open ...
So annoying !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casterisque