Search results

1. CharcoalKidd

Non-Traditional Sins

This is all interesting food for thought. Logic as a sin is definitely meant in excess. On it's own it's a fantastic virtue, but too much can mar your experiences with less logical and more colorful things.  On the same hand, I should clarify the word 'Sin' here is meant 'in the most negative...
  2. CharcoalKidd

Non-Traditional Sins

I'm looking for non-traditional sins to theme some levels around. There's the obvious Big Seven: Lust Envy Greed Pride Wrath Sloth Gluttony But I've also heard some interesting minor ones: Mirth (presumption with one's own happiness) Apathy (detachment from the world) Risk (think gambling)...
  3. CharcoalKidd

Skill Template?

I'm not sure if this would fall under Ace support or RGSS3 support, but I'll try it here. Say I wanted to make a more complicated skill. In this case let's say it has to do with doing more damage depending on the number of states afflicted. If the skill was too long for the formula box, you'd...
  4. CharcoalKidd

[Ace Lite] Removing party for one fight?

The switch version would look something like this; if 'Bob' is in the party,      "tournament_bob" = on      Remove Party Member: Bob if 'Jim' is in the party,      "tournament_jim" = on      Remove Party Member: Jim etc. etc.  And then when you want to return the characters, probably in...
  5. CharcoalKidd

[Ace Lite] Removing party for one fight?

Say you have Actors Bob, Jim, Beezlebub, etc. There are a few ways to do this, depending on what kind of game structure you have. If you can only get the party members in a certain order, you could use a variable, with this kinda idea; Conditional Branch:    If 'Bob' is in the party Control...
  6. CharcoalKidd

Disable skill through script?

The place I change $game_variables[7] is when the player selects the skill from the menu, as opposed to when the game subtracts TP from the actor, which seems to be after all the moves are assigned. So for the first move, $game_variables[7] is the same as the actor's TP, but for the second...
  7. CharcoalKidd

I was more wondering about if there were general good solutions to that kind of function, but okay, point taken. The rest of my script is messy and uses game variables and stuff, because I'm groping my way through scripting blindly. But the idea is that I gave the player a lot of extra action...
  8. CharcoalKidd

I'm writing a script, but I can't figure out how to gray out a skill. I'm trying to gray out any skill that has a TP cost higher than another variable I've previously determined. I've trying friggin' around with "enable?(skill)" under Window_SkillList, but that hasn't yielded anything. Suggestions?
  9. CharcoalKidd

Easy way for Conditional Branch to check party slots?

if $game_party.members.size == x, blah blah blah. 
  10. CharcoalKidd

Item Database and Easy Referencing how to?

A little thing I find myself using a lot is local variables in scripts. On the line above $game_party.has_item?($data_items[x]), set @currentitem (or something of that capacity) to $game_variables[x], then replace $data_items[x] with $data_items[@currentitem]. Then you just set whatever variable...
  11. CharcoalKidd

Making a skill do more damage based on X, Y, and Z

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/8986-skill-ideas-you-can-do-with-custom-formula/ Scroll down to Xypher's response to Harmill having essentially the same question. His is pointed towards the skill being stronger based on total number of states, but you could use this one specifically just for...
  12. CharcoalKidd

Battle Items that last "turns"

Under the 'States' tab of the database, you can define how many turns the states last, and if they disappear at the end of battle. If you want states of differing turn length but the same effect, that unfortunately means making multiple states. 
  13. CharcoalKidd

Made a Tumblr, now that I'm closing in on the end of my first project...

Made a Tumblr, now that I'm closing in on the end of my first project. http://charcoalkidd.tumblr.com/
  14. CharcoalKidd

Concede additional moves?

If I have an actor set to "Action Times+: %100" so they receive an additional move, is there any way make a skill concede this move and end the turn early? I'm thinking along the lines of having characters that attack three or four times, but have an "Execute" skill that ends the turn and...
  15. CharcoalKidd

Balancing a System without MP

I'm shopping around for ideas for battle systems, because I'm tired of constant resource management. What do you feel is the general consensus on games that don't use a limited resource like MP for strong attacks? Do you feel it's too easy to just spam powerful attacks and win? Or in order...
  16. CharcoalKidd

General Skills Menu?

I thought so. :P fantastico. Thanks a bazillion. EDIT: That emoji is terrifying, I apologize for using it.
  17. CharcoalKidd

General Skills Menu?

Wow, you are quick. Thanks a bunch, dude. Do you happen to know off-hand how it interacts with Yanfly's Battle Command script?
  18. CharcoalKidd

Changing actor sprites in battle?

Just for the record, I know the Common Event method works for Battle Engine Symphony. I can't guarantee for Victor's or whatever else you might be using.
  19. CharcoalKidd

General Skills Menu?

Maybe a meticulous detail, but is there a way to, instead of listing all the skill types (Special, Magic, etc.) on the commands menu, have a command titled 'Skills' that opens another window containing all the skill types? Otherwise, is there a script that already does this?
  20. CharcoalKidd

Changing actor sprites in battle?

Calling a common event should do the trick. In the move, under Features (or Effects, I can never remember which one is under Skills), 'Common Event'. Parallel Process events don't run in battle, mind you, but if you trigger it, it should work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josephdevelops