Search results

1. yuyu!

Resolution Option

Sorry for the necro! The links for this plugin are no longer working, so I copied the plugin text in the OP and cleaned it up (fixed a few bugs mentioned above and fixed the formatting)... and it works for me now. :) For anyone who stumbles on this, here's the working plugin: *NOTE: If you use...
  2. yuyu!

[Yuyu] Randomized Names

Update: Ver 1.1 (already) -Added a parameter for max # of unique names (a fail-safe for the extremely rare chance that someone may generate too many names) -Cleaned up the code Sorry for the quick update! I'm still learning JS and coding in general. Based on feedback I've received from...
  3. yuyu!

[Yuyu] Randomized Names

Yuyu Randomized Names (Ver. 1.1) ---------------------------------------------------- -Author: yuyu!- Introduction This plugin will generate random names for characters in your game - which could include NPCs and Actors. It's pretty cool if you want your villagers to have unique names but don't...
  4. yuyu!

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

* EDIT - SOLVED (already) * OK, I'm dumb. I was calling the scene via SceneManager.goto, instead of SceneManager.push. Can't pop what hasn't been pushed! ...Carry on. ;) * END EDIT * popScene() closes my game ?? Trying to create my own custom scene (so far, so good). However, my cancel...
  5. yuyu!

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

I've always wondered why more places don't have those awesome machines... And then lines form behind them because no one can pick what flavor they want. That's half the fun, though! :P We can buy diet coke with lime at our stores, but not regular lime coke (unless we're at those fancy...
  6. yuyu!

PH - Warehouse/Storage

@KittRen Are you using any script calls from the plugin? Most of my issues were resolved by removing the "prototype" part of the script call. :-) If that doesn't work, could provide a screenshot of your event set up?
  7. yuyu!

Actors Friendship System

I think I've encountered a weird bug of some type. :( Whenever I use created faces (via the character generator), they are sometimes not loaded in the friendship window. That actor's face image will be gone the first time the window is opened when the game is loaded, then the problem fixes...
  8. yuyu!

PH - Warehouse/Storage

Hey, there! Just wanted to say that this is a pretty neat plugin and it's been super great so far! There's just one thing I noticed while testing the plugin, even on a clean project. The warehouse window lags significantly when the player has over a certain amount of items. I had about 20 items...
  9. yuyu!

Call all Foodies and Lovers of Food!

Ahhh...this thread is cool! ;__; I love cooking and eating a variety of different foods. Right now, I'm on a low-calorie diet (-30lbs so far!), and making healthier versions of the foods I love or trying new stuff is keeping me going! @Touchfuzzy That sounds awesome! I've never been to a Korean...
  10. yuyu!

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

I'm Texan and from the city that makes Dr Pepper, so I may be a little biased. ;) But Vanilla Coke is still amazing and definitely my favorite Coca Cola product. Basically, any vanilla-flavored soda tastes like Heaven's Elixer to me (yes, even the oh-so sweet Cream Soda~!).
  11. yuyu!

Changing an Event's Sprite Tone

Thanks for the reply, Shaz! Oops... Good point on the tone changing for everything with that image! I guess that wouldn't work, since players can plant multiple of the same crop. Your suggestion is much easier than what I was trying to do! :) I added some tweaks to the code (the plugin loads...
  12. yuyu!

Changing an Event's Sprite Tone

Hi, all! I've been using Galv's simple crops plugin, with my own personal tweak to allow the crops to wilt if they aren't watered. The plan was to change the event graphic's tone to a dull yellow-ish color. It seems that using the "setColorTone" sprite function could do the trick, but I really...
  13. yuyu!

[Solved] Using $gameVariables.setValue to change one array element?

Doh! I do seem to remember hearing something about that in my newbie programming classes. Thank you again!! You're a life saver! ^_^
  14. yuyu!

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you. :)  For some reason, the edit updated super slowly for me, so I only saw the first line of his message. That works! Thank you so much, Tsukihime! :) Just as a head's up to everyone: I did encounter a really, really weird bug with chaning variables...
  15. yuyu!

@Tsukihime Thank you for your response! :) "47" is the variable id I'm testing with, and [1] is the array index I hope to change. I thought the element [1] would have to be listed right after the variable id itself, but that didn't do the trick. *edit* I've also tried...
  16. yuyu!

Hi, everyone! I'm having trouble changing only one array element using $gameVariables.setValue. I've tried $gameVariables.setValue(47[1], "test"), and that doesn't seem to do anything. Every other combination I've tried has thrown errors at me. I already have the variable initialized as an...
  17. yuyu!

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting the same error: "Cannot read property 'actorId' of null"... I'm running my code as a common event, attached to a skill. Could that be messing things up? Sorry about this...and thank you again for the replies. :)  
  18. yuyu!

Thank you so much for the reply! :) I tried using BattleManager.actor.id and BattleManager.actor().id to grab the actor's ID number. Both seemed to get me a little farther but keep failing to read the ID and has only been returning "null". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... Sorry about...
  19. yuyu!

Hi, there! :) Unless I'm mistaken, I've heard that "BattleManager.actor" can be used during battle to return the current selected actor's ID. I'm trying to run script calls to detect the current actor's weapon id. This is what I have so far: if...
  20. yuyu!

Secondary Weapon Stat Ignore

Hi, everyone! I've been thinking of implementing a battle system that consists of swapping weapons (for example someone could equip a sword and bow at the same time and switch between them). I may have thought of a way to create an event to do the swapping part (via primary and secondary...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elad