Search results

1. Tips and Hints Window - How to change contents.

Thank you! Would you mind writing that out for me? Syntax errors are the bane of my existence right now...
  2. Tips and Hints Window - How to change contents.

I'm a noob to scripting... Just to get that out of the way. I have a window that I would like to cycle through a bunch of tips. I know how to make the window, I know how to display the text in that window, but I DON'T know how to cycle it through a bunch of hints without direct input. The...
  3. Viewport for dummies?

What exactly does viewport do? I've only encountered it with the default help window so far. I understand that it has something to do with layers, but why would you need multiple layers in the help window? I'm still a noob, so be gentle please :)
  4. Window_Selectable throws a formatting error in external editor. Why?

def item_rect(index) rect = Rect.new rect.width = item_width rect.height = item_height rect.x = index % col_max * (item_width + spacing) rect.y = index / col_max * item_height rect end I'm still learning and would like to understand why the "/" in the rect.y...
  5. Adding info to the Status Scene using Simple Notetags Grabber by Estriole

That's awesome! Thanks a ton! You have opened up quite a few doors for me.
  6. Adding info to the Status Scene using Simple Notetags Grabber by Estriole

That's amazing! Thanks :) How would I modify this to read a Notetag with a space? <race: Half Elf>
  7. Adding info to the Status Scene using Simple Notetags Grabber by Estriole

Excellent!! Could you explain to me how that works? I'm learning as I go and I would love to understand all that means so I can use it for other things in the future. @gender ||= /<gender: *(\w+) *>/i =~ actor.note ? $1: "" If you could just explain that line, you will be my hero for the day!
  8. Adding info to the Status Scene using Simple Notetags Grabber by Estriole

Here is a pic of what I'm trying to do... Only instead of "Gender" and "Race", I'd like to display the corresponding info located in the actors Notetag in this picture... I put this together based on the default scripts...
  9. Can't get a menu script to open a window when selected... (Noob)

How do i change the alignment of text in a window from centered to left?  Im assuming it is done with this...   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------   # * Draw Item   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------   def...
  10. Can't get a menu script to open a window when selected... (Noob)

Thanks for checking out my blog : ) Simple works!  For now anyway : P 
  11. Can't get a menu script to open a window when selected... (Noob)

Thank you!!  I'm working on implementing all that!  ill let you know how it goes : )
  12. Can't get a menu script to open a window when selected... (Noob)

I'm working on my own title menu script that has an option for "Credits".  There are a few out there, I know.  But I want the knowledge to do it myself.  Ive been watching diamondplatinums tutorials and I've a few other resources I go to when I get stumped but I've been stuck on this for months...
  13. Yanfly Class System - Custom Menu Commands

Thank you! This post can be closed!
  14. Yanfly Class System - Custom Menu Commands

I want "Race" to show up in this list under "Subclass"... Its not...   I changed it back to Custom1 with no change. EDIT: I guess i should specify that this is VX ACE.
  15. Yanfly Class System - Custom Menu Commands

I've been away several months and apparently Ive forgotten some stuff... Trying to add a command for the actors race to the class menu and I'm doing something wrong because its not showing up in game...     COMMANDS =[ # The order at which the menu items are shown.     # [ :command,  ...
  16. External Text v3.3.4 (Write your game in an organized manner! Translate with ease!)

I was gonna ask about that too but I didn't wanna sound rude since it was me that asked for it : P Thanks for the great script!
  17. Script Call Equivalent of Events

So... $game_player.direction==2 Would provide a true if player was facing down?
  18. Script Call Equivalent of Events

Is there a script call for the page 3 conditional branch option for the  direction the player is facing?
  19. External Text v3.3.4 (Write your game in an organized manner! Translate with ease!)

Awesome!  I didn't expect to get a patch, thanks : ) /notworthy
  20. External Text v3.3.4 (Write your game in an organized manner! Translate with ease!)

Great script! exactly what I need to keep all my text in check! Small question though, how do I implement the scrolling text feature though this script? "Show Scrolling Text" Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Behavin