Search results

1. SwiftSign

Converting a png into a map? (Never used RPG maker before)

That’s a tile set not a map?...
  2. SwiftSign

what do "Dark" and "Holy" elements represent in your game?

I replaced Holy/Dark with Life/Death (where death is a status/drain/debilitation element) for the time being, will see how that turns out...
  3. SwiftSign

Apply state to enemy if item in inventory?

Use a troop event (on the troop tab of the database).
  4. SwiftSign

Elemental weakness dependent on weapon?

50 + (11*2) - (13*2) = 46 But that's clearly more than 0, so something must be going wrong. What damage does the skill do without the states applied?
  5. SwiftSign

How long should it take from pressing "Start Game" to player's first battle?

There’s more to a game than just combat :) as long as the first parts of a game are interesting and capivating I don’t mind waiting for combat. In fact, I hate those “unwinnable” matches that start games sometime. What’s the point playing a fight I can’t win?
  6. SwiftSign

Yanfly Skill Cost Item Plugin Question and Request

@Yawgmoth literally the beginning :)
  7. SwiftSign

Nintendo shuts down Pokemon Essentials

It’s a real shame this was shutdown, I believe the reason people liked/used it was because it was the closest to ROM hacking as could be but with much more flexible programming. Lots of work was put into it, Pokemon stuff aside, so that’s a shame. It would be great to see someone make a...
  8. SwiftSign

Yanfly Skill Cost Item Plugin Question and Request

In the skill’s damage formula add “$gameVariables.setValue(1, $gameVariables.value(1) +1);” Before the rest of your damage formula. Then in the Skill’s note box: <Custom Item Id Cost> cost = $gameVariables.value(1); </Custom Item Id Cost> Ensure you set Variable 1 (or whatever Id you...
  9. SwiftSign

Friend's version of my game crashes during first fight.

Are you using any plugins that add animations to attacks. Not likely if only “attack” is the option but, for example, yanfly’s battle core calls animations for physical and magical attacks.
  10. SwiftSign

RMMV Save the City

Interesting and unique pixel art :) cool work so far. Will be interesting to find out how the gameplay works, as it seems like more of a challenge to integrate RPG-style battles into a modern era, non-fantasy game.
  11. SwiftSign

Is there any way to put a skill that decreases money?

Yanflys skill core page actually has exact examples of this scenario :) you should check it out and try it.
  12. SwiftSign

How to remove certain party member by party order?

Or you could just use [1] three times, id imagine.
  13. SwiftSign

Objects x3

Sorry that was a blind guess! After checking in my own game, the way you did it originally works fine. You sure the state was given properly?
  14. SwiftSign

Objects x3

Try action time 300%
  15. SwiftSign

Help with simple script call..

@Bionic687 Hmm what’s the context on setting that variable? Your script call for variable values is correct.
  16. SwiftSign

Yanfly Core Engine makes all texts invisible

Are fonts visible in a new project? / still visible if you replicate the plugins installed? Maybe it’s a font issue? Hmm.
  17. SwiftSign

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

That’ll be the variable messing things up. If you don’t set the variable to zero it won’t have a true value and therefore will mess up your formula.
  18. SwiftSign

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

@udime123 Orbit should have "Call Common Event" and this should set the Variable to the necessary number. Make sure you're using 'set' - or, if you're using 'add/sub/multiply/etc.' make sure that the variable is set to 0 prior to the battle/skill being used. Then it should be fine. If you're...
  19. SwiftSign

Turning off all self-switches does not reset the event?

If you turn direction fix off, then turn, then back on (as it’s an option in event movements) that should do the job. :) glad you found the culprit.
  20. SwiftSign

Turning off all self-switches does not reset the event?

Sorry I'm at a loss then! Been staring at this for a while and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the event. If its giving you a Turnip then it should be resetting fine and its not clear why it should delete/go invis/no graphic/whatever is happening for you at the end.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naga23