Search results

1. Sc0wly

Grid Free Doodads (F10) not working.

For anyone struggling with this, here is some helpful information: This is a thread describing the process of updating your project after you've updated the engine itself (they both have to be done): https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-3-5-update.74891/ MAKE SURE...
  2. Sc0wly

Yes, I found those threads. I just wanted to make a prompt reply to the guy that was helping me. I've followed the instructions on those threads and I'm receiving errors. Edit: I'd also add that if the most recent update is different and requires different consideration, than topics from 2017...
  3. Sc0wly

No. I left it as is, and wasn't aware that I had to update it. I've backed it up and I'm ready to update it. I'm not sure how though as I've never done it before.
  4. Sc0wly

I updated my RPG Maker MV to version 1.6.2 on Steam yesterday. Today why play-testing when I hit F10 to bring up the Doodad interface nothing happens. F9 also doesn't bring up my switches. My other function keys are working correctly (F5 to reload, F2 to check FPS, F8 to bring up console, etc.)...
  5. Sc0wly

Player Turn Towards Mouse Cursor?

Ah, nice. I was able to do what you recommended. I'll have to experiment a bit more to see if I can use these variables in the way I described earlier and whether the behavior looks correct on screen. I'm hopeful now though. Thanks for the advice, Poryg! :D
  6. Sc0wly

So I'm not having much luck. I can't write a script myself (don't currently have the knowledge). What I am able to do is create parallel events which define the player's xy (grid) coordinates as variables which can be used for various things. I've also defined the mouse cursor's xy (pixel)...
  7. Sc0wly

Thanks, Poryg. Not sure if I'll have much luck, but I'll look into it. :)
  8. Sc0wly

Hello all! I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to craft a parallel event that causes the player character (on the overworld) to always turn toward the cursor. Either that or turn the player toward the current cursor position on click. Thank you for any help you can provide.
  9. Sc0wly

MBS - Map Zoom

Does anyone know how to control how this filters graphics when zooming? Certain graphics such as tiles use "nearest neighbor" on zoom and still have blocky edges (ie: no blurring), however parallax layers and certain other graphics such as Galv's layer graphics are seem to use "bicubic" scaling...
  10. Sc0wly

Preload Manager

I'm afraid not. Sorry.
  11. Sc0wly

Preload Manager

I'm grateful that people make plugins but users should be careful with this one. Like keep a very close eye since It's a little buggy. In my particular case I noticed that it's not totally compatible with the Yanfly Gridfree Doodads plugin. It removes the Doodad plugin's hue shift settings so...
  12. Sc0wly

Having multiple variant sprites of a single enemy type

@OKIComputer: the plugin should still work for this even if you don't want actor enemies or to have them animated. Those features don't need to be utilized. You can just have a single image for that enemy repeated on its sheet so that nothing fancy happens. Then you can add a similar sheet with...
  13. Sc0wly

State Icon Positions (solved)

Solved :D So it turns out that action sequences pack 2 was the culprit after all. I changed: Sprite_Battler.prototype.updateStateSprites = function() { if (this._stateIconSprite) { var height = this._battler.spriteHeight() * -1; height -= Sprite_StateIcon._iconHeight...
  14. Sc0wly

I've messed with all values contained in functions where "stateIcon" and "stateIconSprite" are used and the only things I've affected are the y scaling of the battler image itself, the state icon turn counter (but not the icon itself at that point), and the y scaling of the state icon (as...
  15. Sc0wly

I did already. This is the function I tried to adjust: Sprite_Enemy.prototype.updateSVStateSprite = function() { if (!this._stateSprite) return; this._stateSprite.visible = this._enemy.enemy().sideviewStateOverlay; return; var height = this._enemy.spriteHeight() * -1; height...
  16. Sc0wly

I'm having an issue after using the Yanfly animated sv battlers plugin where state icons are now appearing way above the enemy's head. What I'm wonder is if there's a way to adjust this.
  17. Sc0wly

Animation screen

I would also be interested in knowing this.
  18. Sc0wly

Level Up Sound Effect

I will of course give credit to all authors of plugins that I use in my final build!
  19. Sc0wly

Level Up Sound Effect

I finally got the sound to play by turning off the two Yanfly plugins that affect victory aftermath. I had turned them off before to check for the sound but with no luck so I must have had something else still turned on that was interfering with it. Problem is that if it's not compatible with...
  20. Sc0wly

Help with battle command list

@Dalamar Thanks, Dalamar. I'll check it out :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LageCL