Search results

1. Yitzi Litt

Rolling Cookie Question

Weirdly specific question I know, but... how would a make the effect of a cookie (or any round/ball-like object really) rolling across the screen? I tried doing it in a tileset, but it just looks like it's shaking... Thanks, Yitz
  2. Yitzi Litt

Make "miss" effect when attack = 0

I'm sure we've all tried to make an attack skill that has the possibility of dealing 0 damage. The problem is that when that happens you get a "x got 0 damage" popup, as apposed to a "miss" popup, which looks nicer imo. Can we get a plugin that shows the "miss" effect when 0 damage is dealt to...
  3. Yitzi Litt

How to force a dodge?

Is there some sort of command I could use in a skill formula that will force the person being attacked to dodge/miss (preferably even if hit type is "certain hit")? for example: if ( $gameActors.actor(1).level > 10 ) { b.forceDodge } else { a.atk * 2 }; If not, would this be easy to make a...
  4. Yitzi Litt

How could I represent "relaxation" as a game mechanic?

The title says it all, I think :) How would you go about making a game mechanic that represents the feeling of relaxing? Celeste had the player "blow" on a feather to keep it aloft, but I didn't find that particularly effective for me. I find "bejeweled"-type games relaxing to play, but they...
  5. Yitzi Litt

Battleback 1 location

where would the battleback1 image be (to be manipulated)?
  6. Yitzi Litt

how to use Audio API in MV plugin?

How would I access the Web Audio API in an RPGMMV plugin? Specifically, I want to have a given Boolean variable turn on whenever the audio level in a BGM track reaches a given point, allowing me to then have onscreen actions "react" to the music. This should be possible, but I haven't seen...
  7. Yitzi Litt

How can I manipulate battle background?

I want to make the battleback rotate, but can't figure out how to call it in the first place ;_: (I'm new to this whole coding thing, don't judge me) Could I get some advice on how to perform a small manipulation on the battleback every frame of battle? Thanks, Yitz
  8. Yitzi Litt

Dynamic music plugin for MV?

So I recently came across this plugin for VX Ace https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/30322-noyemi-ks-simple-dynamic-music/ I was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to an MV plugin, since this would be extremely useful for my current work... Anyone know if it's possible / can do it /...
  9. Yitzi Litt

How to troubleshoot lag?

My game has a tendency to lag, and I was wondering if there's any way to see what's causing it? Thanks! :)
  10. Yitzi Litt

plugin for rotating psychedelic battleback?

I think this should be an easy one, with a very cool result: A plugin that makes the battleback image continuously rotate 360º throughout battle. It may require a [larger than the frame] square image, I'd imagine, so as to not have nothing shown on the sides when it's at 90º. The purpose of this...
  11. Yitzi Litt

How do I transfer player during battle?

How would I make it so that when a battle ends, the player finds themself on a different map then where they started? Thanks in advance!
  12. Yitzi Litt

Rotate Battleback

I'd like to be able to have a large battleback rotating constantly on loop, to create a swirly hypnosis effect (in RPG Maker MV)
  13. Yitzi Litt

how to wait for BGM loop to end before playing new song

how do I do this?
  14. Yitzi Litt

Parallax 3d effect help

I'm trying to get a parallax effect that moves in the direction the player goes, but slower If that's impossible, I would be happy if the parallax scroll stops when the character stops. example: (I only want one bg layer, not as many as shown here) How would I accomplish that?
  15. Yitzi Litt

[Steam] Nepenthe - A hand-drawn Action RPG

Developed by: Yitz Made with RPG Maker MV Get it here ($4.99): Play the Demo: https://yitzilitt.itch.io/nepenthe Pitch: "You wake up with no memory. Your day is starting off great!" Nepenthe is an ironic take on RPGs that's a bit too self aware for its own good. Celebrating the weird space...
  16. Yitzi Litt

save after battle

How would I go about making the save screen come up after the player has won a battle? (If you force it before you go back to scene, it glitches)
  17. Yitzi Litt

Give actors hp at start of battle?

How would I go about making actors gain a set amount of hp at the start of any battle?
  18. Yitzi Litt

run code on save-file load

How would I make code run as soon as one loads any save file? Thanks!
  19. Yitzi Litt

Request for layer ordering plugin

I would love to have a plugin that allows one to change the render order of layers in a given scene (map layers, parallax, battleback, GUI, etc.). Potential benefits include being able to put parallax maps in between the map layers (thus not affecting, say, trees), having GUI be obscured by...
  20. Yitzi Litt

How to change layer order?

How would I go about making battle layer "battlebacks2" shown in front of all GUI? (during battles, obviously) Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yagyu_Chan