Search results

1. Xelion

[MZ] Formation Control v:2.0 : options to manage group formation (updated: 20-10-2020)

Thank you for this. It's really simple yet effective as it works with the already existing formation command. I don't know why Kadokawa doesn't implement a feature like this from the beginning. It's something I consider essential for most JRPGs. I remember doing a lot of eventing just to make...
  2. Xelion

Passive Skills

Try this: Math.round(formula) So it should be Math.round((this._level + this.luk + this.agi) / 4) I've figured a workaround which should work: Put the MP(PP) cost of the every passive to 0 and in the Passive plugin's configuration put the PP bar position to be outside the screen (for example...
  3. Xelion

Passive Skills

Then it should go in parenthesis so it divides the total by 4. (this._level + this.luk + this.agi) / 4
  4. Xelion

Passive Skills

Is there a way to force equip a skill? For example, if I start with a character with 10pp and 2 passive skills, to have them already equipped by default. Thanks! Edit: Okay... figured it out without having any idea lol but it seems to be working. In case anyone needs it: Script call...
  5. Xelion

Town exploration incentives. No ransacking NPC homes.

Well, the hero will save the world eventually, so they can steal everything from poor people's homes as it serves for a bigger purpose! :rswt2: Some games make you explore the most important parts of towns with sidequests or even with the main story but I guess that could be put in the "Speak...
  6. Xelion

Why RPG Maker?

With JRPGs being my fave genre, I like its ease of use. It's a hobby for me, as fun as gaming. I'm used to the UI so it's easy to just run the program and start rpgmaking (even a friend who used RPG Maker 2000/2003 like 15 years ago, just opened MV and managed to do some simple stuff directly)...
  7. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

The amount of resources can still be bigger than MV's even if the whole resource size is lower. M4A audio files were used for mobile export. I think they said now OGG works for that too, but I can't really say what's the technical reason.
  8. Xelion

I think it was confirmed before that it copies them the same as MV, but Touchfuzzy also mentioned that the size of MZ projects were decreased a lot as most images were much better optimized and by the removal of m4a audio files. So projects should be created faster and take less disk space, at...
  9. Xelion

The one he showed is a 4th gen one from a i5, an intel HD 4400. As long as it's compatible the only bottleneck would be the CPU. Just answer specifically for the guy's hardware, let's not confuse him. Edit: Not to post again, I'd like to add I checked one of the JP demos in my PC at work which...
  10. Xelion

An integrated GPU shouldn't be a problem at all. RPG Makers are not heavy on graphic processing at all, most of the work is done by the CPU, as with most 2D games. I'd only be worried if you had few RAM (but you have 8GB of RAM) or if you wanted to play modern games or even not so new AAA games.
  11. Xelion

The console version of the latest RPG Maker is RPG Maker MV Trinity. The resource pack is from that program.
  12. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #5: TPBS, A Closer Look

Well, it was said (don't remember if it was confirmed here or only in the jp site) you'd be able to convert your MV project to MZ minus the plugins, so I guess it makes sense. The good thing is that many will be able to port their projects to MZ without much problems if they didn't rely heavily...
  13. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #5: TPBS, A Closer Look

Thanks to the RM staff for the patience. Some negative attitudes since the first trailer (some in very rude and unrespectful ways) are surely mentally draining. More if you're just having to put your face here everyday while the real development is somewhere far away. It's even tiring for me...
  14. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Well, if I were superrich I would just quit my job and use that time for a lot of other stuff, including a lot of RPG Making :rheh:
  15. Xelion

RPG MAKER MZ PREORDERS LIVE!

Yes to all. They should all be compatible as the sizes are the same. Keep in mind the MZ characters look a bit different so if you intend to mix them with MV ones they might clash in style.
  16. Xelion

RPG MAKER MZ PREORDERS LIVE!

Already preordered a while ago through Steam as regional prices there make it more affordable and also owning MV helped with the additional discount, pretty nice. A friend also preordered!
  17. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

You're looking at MV Trinity which is different, it's a maker FOR consoles like so many others in different generations.
  18. Xelion

I know some have complained about the feeling of MZ not being enough of an improvement over MV after every weekly preview. But if you see the full feature list now, it's actually much more than "omg they has no made improvmentz sins XP" many complain about.
  19. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

They have already shown the character generator and it was mentioned a lot in these threads... It's very similar to the MV one and it's still chibi. You can still use external character generators, they'll be fully compatible as long as they use the same dimensions as in MV.
  20. Xelion

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

1- Why do some feel like they're forced to upgrade and can't keep using older software? Is this like the "new phone model" many have to buy even if they don't need it? 2- I understand that people want more new features. But most of what is being asked can be implemented with plugins. Wouldn't it...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minihydra