Search results

1. Pots Talos

[SOLVED] Skill effect conditioned to target's HP

Who exactly are you trying to target? Is it specifically the target in index 2? You could always give that target a passive state that banishment can check. So: if target.hp < 150 && target.isStateAffected(419) action effect You would replace 419 with whatever passive state you gave that enemy.
  2. Pots Talos

RMMV Making A new skill for my game

To be clear, you want a passive state that affects your casting? So if you have this state than casting fire could potentially cast another spell in its place?
  3. Pots Talos

[SOLVED] Skill effect conditioned to target's HP

You can use what you have in that note tag but it needs to be inside an action sequence. Take this: <setup action> </setup action> <whole action> </whole action> <target action> </target action> <follow action> clear battle log </follow action> <finish action> perform finish </finish...
  4. Pots Talos

Trailers: What kind of trailer do you like?

Ideally, I would say both. Gameplay is the most important but I do like a little eye candy too.
  5. Pots Talos

Totally unofficial thread on RM RPGs you should play

My game, The Great Gaias is as traditional as they come. It was in development for over seven years and has a ton of content, plus custom assets. Check out my signature for the trailer and other links with more details.
  6. Pots Talos

Stats Growth vs Stats Distribution

You can balance your game with either, the choice is really up to you and your vision for the game. My first title I went with normal stat growth on level but my current title I'm using a point allocation system, like this:
  7. Pots Talos

Game & Map Screenshots 11

@Candacis Thanks for the critique, you bring up some good points. Here is a map of the game I'm currently working on, Gjallarhorn: Sadly, I had to reduce the quality of the image to upload here. Character and monster shadows aren't done yet.
  8. Pots Talos

@Kes Those are some great points. The trees are just used to block the player, while I'm sure there is a way to do that and make it more realistic sometimes you just want to get through a map because there are hundreds more to go. :) The cramped buildings have to do with us making the game...
  9. Pots Talos

Making Item-user Class more interesting and fun to play?

I've never cared for those types of classes but I think a sure fire way to get players to use one would just be to make them overpowered. :D
  10. Pots Talos

This is a small town from my first title "The Great Gaias" This is a prison from my upcoming title "Gjallarhorn":
  11. Pots Talos

When an actor uses a specific skill, the enemy uses a specific pattern.

@Dehsalp No, not a common event. You just need to make a State: Now you can just have the enemy check for state and use the attack you want:
  12. Pots Talos

When an actor uses a specific skill, the enemy uses a specific pattern.

There are several ways you could do this but the easiest I would think is to just make the Actors skill apply a hidden state that you could check for inside the troop event. That way at the start of the enemy turn it can check if it has the hidden state and if it does will unleash its special...
  13. Pots Talos

End Turn Battle Command?

Swap out the "Guard" pose with whatever you want.
  14. Pots Talos

Have you tried: if targets[0].isStateAffected(11) I tested this in my game and it works. This...

Have you tried: if targets[0].isStateAffected(11) I tested this in my game and it works. This way you can get around choosing a specific actor like I saw you wrote in your thread. I would have responded there but it was closed. Sorry for the late response but I don't check the boards often.
  15. Pots Talos

dmg animation change depending on what status is effected...

If you are using Yanflys action sequences than I would just put the state check into the action sequence of all skills that work this way. This way you can play any animation you want on the target. Edit: @ferallag Here is a little action sequence example I made that should work: <setup...
  16. Pots Talos

Help with Increasing Party members stats during certain conditions

@Aeternus You should check out this thread for some action sequence examples. The only thing I was talking about is having something like this at the end of the action sequence: <finish action> common event: 10 perform finish </finish action> If you have that at the end of all your...
  17. Pots Talos

Help with Increasing Party members stats during certain conditions

If you are using Yanflys action sequences you could create a common event that runs at the end of any skill. Inside this common event you could run any checks you like which could add or remove states depending on whatever conditions are met. I use this in my game and it is very useful.
  18. Pots Talos

Battle Sprite change graphics based on state

Using an action sequence, you can move your character anywhere on the screen with: move user: point, x coordinate, y coordinate, (frames) Example: move user: point, 919, 345, 25 Changing character image with a state you can try: <Custom Apply Effect>...
  19. Pots Talos

Creating a semi-immortal character

Sorry I didn't get back to you but looks like you got it. Just remember to also set the variable back to 0 once the character is revived.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare