Search results

1. Philosophus Vagus

I would take pretty much anything other than Mcdonalds. I'll fillet my own fish, and it'll...

I would take pretty much anything other than Mcdonalds. I'll fillet my own fish, and it'll actually be made of fish, unlike the one you get there. I'm not even that much of a anti-fast food snob, but Mcdonalds really is just the absolute worst.
  2. Philosophus Vagus

I was fortunate enough to win an extra console off of a streamer who ended up with an extra one...

I was fortunate enough to win an extra console off of a streamer who ended up with an extra one during the initial scarcity on accident and chose to raffle it off to his viewers rather than send it back. Wasn't even planning to buy a next gen console, funny how life works sometimes.
  3. Philosophus Vagus

@KakonComp a lot of clever but unscrupulous people bought out dozens of consoles since there was...

@KakonComp a lot of clever but unscrupulous people bought out dozens of consoles since there was no limit and artificially created scarcity...you can find these consoles for sale on Ebay for like a grand right now if you really want one, because people will pay it. This is why you limit how many...
  4. Philosophus Vagus

I don't think they do. I think there's a reason the last generation of consoles hasn't taken a...

I don't think they do. I think there's a reason the last generation of consoles hasn't taken a price drop for their platform as the new one is released. Clever way to sell off old stock...then again I'm a cynic, so take everything I think with a grain of cynical salt.
  5. Philosophus Vagus

Take a dog with you and jog a bit throughout. Day hikes are awesome. Best depression therapy on...

Take a dog with you and jog a bit throughout. Day hikes are awesome. Best depression therapy on the market if available to you.
  6. Philosophus Vagus

Comfort isn't the enemy, complacency is. The more you push your own boundaries the more...

Comfort isn't the enemy, complacency is. The more you push your own boundaries the more comfortable you can become in situations that would previously be uncomfortable. That is growth.
  7. Philosophus Vagus

What are you doing during the pandemic?

Working 7 days a week 10 hours (+however many more I wish) per day working in crowded work sites full of young single guys and elderly chain-smokers who have thus far managed to ignore the fact that anything is happening and show no signs of dropping off like flies even though literally none of...
  8. Philosophus Vagus

The Katatonic description describes me pretty damn well though...that's just not the picture...

The Katatonic description describes me pretty damn well though...that's just not the picture that I thought looked the shiftiest.
  9. Philosophus Vagus

Is this another one of those psychological tests? *looks it up and takes it since it doesn't...

Is this another one of those psychological tests? *looks it up and takes it since it doesn't really take time to do* swing and a miss for me. I got hysteric. Maybe 10% of the explanation at most described me, and even that's a stretch. These tests never seem to peg me right though, even the...
  10. Philosophus Vagus

..and let the world take care of itself. Not much more you can do, probably not much more anyone...

..and let the world take care of itself. Not much more you can do, probably not much more anyone has ever been able to do.
  11. Philosophus Vagus

^Absolutely. That's what flabbergasted me, I truly believed the information age would bring...

^Absolutely. That's what flabbergasted me, I truly believed the information age would bring about a global civic revolution of sorts, people would become to aware of all sides, to capable of checking propaganda for the old tribal paradigms to continue, but it seems like we're doubling down and...
  12. Philosophus Vagus

@Dororo I guess in the age of alternative information it is just debilitating to see that kind...

@Dororo I guess in the age of alternative information it is just debilitating to see that kind of blatant propaganda pushing work, when much of it can be debunked with a few minutes free time and the click of a mouse. Maybe people are just to fundamentally tribal not to be manipulated, and lack...
  13. Philosophus Vagus

It's just weird. I mean stuff that's easily disproven is shouted from the rooftops from all...

It's just weird. I mean stuff that's easily disproven is shouted from the rooftops from all outlets at this point. A group lead by a black man is apparently the biggest white supremacist organization since the KKK (not defending, don't want to get into a argument about whether they are good or...
  14. Philosophus Vagus

How can a society function with an entire media establishment that is complicit in publishing...

How can a society function with an entire media establishment that is complicit in publishing partisan slander and easily disprovable lies right alongside each other with no accountability whatsoever? After I live through it, maybe I'll make a game based on it. The level of dishonesty at this...
  15. Philosophus Vagus

I used to think the latter, but if so why would they care about a national election? And enough...

I used to think the latter, but if so why would they care about a national election? And enough to go against the grain of the state they live in (the candidate they were rallying for is not going to win Vermont) and even campaign at that? Clearly they get their non-local news from somewhere...
  16. Philosophus Vagus

Have you seen TED talks lately? If anything that reference delegitamizes your argument's...

Have you seen TED talks lately? If anything that reference delegitamizes your argument's credibility at this point. Otherwise I agree, been using choppy scripts and plug-ins for movement control since xp, it is kind of nuts that they've stuck to the same unintuitive format all the way to MZ if...
  17. Philosophus Vagus

Maybe they have their own special newspaper run by an old fashioned press but curated by someone...

Maybe they have their own special newspaper run by an old fashioned press but curated by someone who can watch modern news (maybe someone who left the community after rumspringa but chose to stick close to home?)...I might have to visit their community and ask some questions, this has been...
  18. Philosophus Vagus

I mean I know other than Mennonites (and these weren't) they don't use electricity or benefit...

I mean I know other than Mennonites (and these weren't) they don't use electricity or benefit from electricity, so even modern newspapers should be out (not to mention the whole separate from the world thing).
  19. Philosophus Vagus

I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my...

I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?
  20. Philosophus Vagus

So glad I'm not in school right now, I remember feeling gipped by online classes with absent...

So glad I'm not in school right now, I remember feeling gipped by online classes with absent teachers when I was in school a decade ago, can't imagine how bad it is now with everyone having to do it that way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infusa