Search results

1. KoriCongo

Let's speak about VisuStella term of service as Plugins developpers

That is a level of 4D-Chess that really could have been resolved by just making less plugins and not taking requests, pushing people towards other plugin developers. Not making a programmer mafia... Push comes to shove, most of these developers will just make clones of the projects VisuStella...
  2. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

every time someone rightfully complains about the prices being a rip, someone has to go and say "Well, what about all these better engines! They are SOOOOOOOOOO much expensive AND take royalties from you than the engine that took out layer control from you for nearly 2 decades!" One day I want...
  3. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #5: TPBS, A Closer Look

oh no, the backend to MZ turned out to be so similar to MV you can practically drag-n-drop the old plugins into the new thing, despite them saying it is completely rewritten it, who could have seen that coming??? Hahahaha, I gotta say, I ain't surprised at how little things changed. Maybe a...
  4. KoriCongo

Troubles with Olivia OTB

Huh, so that's why no one was able to get rid of the gaudy initiative bar after all these years. I wish I kept the unencrypted version, but a hard drive failure said "No" to that... Would love to see at least some way to move it about, would like to use it with Luna Engine.
  5. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Yes The player of the games I rather give them the option to mess with how the game looks than to say that they can't have full screen because I did not consider any resolution outside of "designed for ants" was right for my game. EDIT: Given the fact that this era of RPG Maker is designed...
  6. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

For all my disdain and mockery I have about RPG Maker in recent years I let known... Yeah, I'll admit. The new features is actually pushing me to make an early purchase of it. Maybe not for full price, but definitely getting it to maintain my complete collection of the software. I really...
  7. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

I believe they said it was because MV had really bad performance and loading times on systems with 4GB, they want to take no chance. They even admitted that they undershot MV's recommended specifications. This time, they just said that it's 8GB or bust. Though personally, I find it testament...
  8. KoriCongo

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

There's a difference between "better" and "significant". I also criticized the move, quite heavily (again, performance and memory leaks in those early days...), but it is significant changes compared to VXAce and MV. A "better", significant change for me would have been allowing people to adjust...
  9. KoriCongo

I can explain 1 for you. Generally speaking, a company would like to have a consistent source of revenue. Physical goods will at least break and need to be repaired or even replaced. Software, however, basically has no shelf life. Meaning that eventually, the company that makes them cannot gain...
  10. KoriCongo

Given what they said was very clear in what they weren't satisfied in, you can't call it "unconstructive criticism". "An entirely negative response" is just as valid as blind praise.
  11. KoriCongo

Stability is important, I was around for the MV memory leak days. But given the fact that this is the 3rd character generator they made, I don't think it would be that farfetch'd to ask to make it a little more flexible and user-friendly to add into. As cool as stability is, it isn't an...
  12. KoriCongo

Negativity is just as important to have as positivity, you shouldn't be hard on people for not being persuaded to spend $80 of their hard-earned money again on what amounts to another marginal update to an engine that already doesn't have the best reputation in the market, even in comparison to...
  13. KoriCongo

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Is the best y'all can show off is that we now have map layers?? Something that you took away from us back in XP??? and E I G H T G I G A B Y T E M I N I M U M R E Q U I R E M E N T??? Am I having a stroke or something? Did I transcended reality when I woke up this morning?
  14. KoriCongo

YEP_X_AttachAugments -- Forcing Augments onto Weapons/Armors?

Much better! It works like a charm! Thank you so much!
  15. KoriCongo

That one appears to destroy every augment slot on a weapon, making it so that you can't ever equip an augment on it again. It leaves the string "none" in the slot, instead of actually clearing the slot of an augment. I would think the .removeAugmentFromSlot() function would be more effective...
  16. KoriCongo

Wow, that worked, thanks! If I may ask, does the slotID run down the type of augment slot or all slots (By default, a weapon would have Glyph/Orb/Orb/Rune. So would slotID 1 be looking for a Glyph #2 or Orb #1?)? And how would one use the same or similar method to remove augments as well? EDIT...
  17. KoriCongo

Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to force attach augments onto weapons and armors using Yanfly's Attach Augment plugin. I was trying to make cursed augments that would negatively impact weapons and items, as I wasn't satisfied with just simply restricting equipment onto the player. I...
  18. KoriCongo

Happy Holidays 2015

A contest of tips!? Alright! I got a million and one of these things, but how about I narrow it to about three? I know only one counts, but someone has to say something a bit more direct than some organizational tips. Tip #1: Nerf poison and counterattack. Now. Tip #2: Know Thy Permadeath...
  19. KoriCongo

Compatibility Patch for Yanfly's Ace Skill Menu & Yami's Skill Equip

Thank you. I suppose I can mark this as solved. Still need to test it a bit, but it seems to hold up.
  20. KoriCongo

Compatibility Patch for Yanfly's Ace Skill Menu & Yami's Skill Equip

Helpful, but not exactly what I was looking for. Thankfully, I managed to figure it out by myself (took long enough).  To sum it up in 8 easy steps: 1. Add the Status Refresh snippet under Yami's Skill Equip, above main 2. In the Skill Custom Command area of Ace Skill Menu, go to :custom1 and...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rixxus