Search results

1. Kino

RPGMakerMV [ES6] Strings

You can find the post here. Introduction Strings are a part of almost any object-oriented programming language. Today, we're going to discuss some of the basics of strings, and what new features are available to us with strings when using ES6. Strings Strings are a sequence of characters and...
  2. Kino

JavaScript Map Object [ES6]

You can find the original post here. The Map Object In ES6, JavaScript added a new Map class. The Map class is very similar to the standard object class, with a few differences. Today, we’re going over when to use and why to use them. Why Map Map, unlike the object class, does not have extra...
  3. Kino

Closures

The original post can be found here: KinoCreates.io Closures – How To Create Reusable Functions Closures are a concept mentioned a lot in JavaScript, and you may not have heard of them. They provide you with a power that’s very similar to bind and apply in Javascript. The advantage is, unlike...
  4. Kino

JavaScript Arrow Functions

If you'd like to read the original post you can find it here. KinoCreates.io Introduction Functions are a collection of instructions that are used to accomplish a task. In JavaScript, there are two types of functions you’ll see often; the standard function and the arrow function. Now, there are...
  5. Kino

JavaScript Variables

Since MZ is ES6, I've decided to repost some of the older tutorials around ES6 JavaScript. JS Variables For the record I own both KinoCreates and EIS Full text transcript: Every programming languages come with basic building blocks; variables are one of those blocks. Variables are the...
  6. Kino

JSON Formulas and UI

Hey guys, I'm wondering how formulas work in depth. I'm trying to use formulas to generate the properties of the UI elements, such as the text on buttons, but they don't seem to do anything to the current UI. It works for simple properties like text in ui.Text, but when I use them on buttons...
  7. Kino

External Script Editor

So I read in the help file that you should simply create a new folder in the project called "scripts" and any javascript file should be recognized within the project. I followed those instructions and created the folder in the project directory, but they do not show up in the editor...
  8. Kino

Javascript EIS | Show Message (Script)

Introduction This Visual Novel Maker extension adds emojis, javascript execution, currency, time, and number formatting to a new show message command. Version 1.0.0 Features Show message javascript evaluation Emoji support Number, currency, and date formatting via JavaScript Script Calls...
  9. Kino

MoonFlower - Localization and Event Scripting Plugin

Introduction This plugin allows you to localize and script events in your game. Change the game's language on the fly with simple script calls and plugin commands. Or, write your events in your text editor with familiar commands! Version 1.4.0 - Beta Features Localize database skills...
  10. Kino

MoonFlower - Localization and Event Command Scripting Plugin

Introduction Moonflower is a localization and event-based plugin for RPGMakerMV. It allows the developer to both localize their game in any language of their choosing and create flexible events out of text files. This plugin is free for non-commercial use but commercial use requires a license...
  11. Kino

JavaScript Event Listeners

JavaScript Event Listeners Event Listeners are a core part of using JavaScript in the browser and in some cases the server. So, what is an Event Listener? What Is An Event Listener? An event listener is a JavaScript function that listens to when a specified event is emitted/occurs on a...
  12. Kino

JavaScript Promises

JavaScript Promises Promises are the new kid on the block when it comes to handling asynchronous functions in JavaScript. But, before we can talk promises, we have to talk about asynchronous briefly. Asynchronous Functions And Callback Triangle Asynchronous functions are functions that...
  13. Kino

Node.js HTTP Requests In Depth

Node.js HTTP Requests In Depth Node.js has nice modules for making HTTP and HTTPS requests. You can see a basic introduction in this post, but here's a quick overview. HTTP Overview HTTP requests allow a program to interact with resources on a server using four kinds of request methods...
  14. Kino

Node.js Require

Node.js Require The "require" function is used often in Node.js applications. Node allows you to require modules from different files and use their content in other parts of your application. The "require" function also maintains a cache. Now, most would not touch the cache. But today, let's...
  15. Kino

RPGMakerMV: How To Eval

Eval is the secret we don't talk about. For RPGMakerMV plugin developers, learning to use eval can change the game. So, let's talk about what it does and how to use it. What Does Eval Do For You Eval allows you to interpret strings as JavaScript. Now, many devs would advise against using it...
  16. Kino

VSCode RPGMakerMV Intellisense [UPDATE - Sublime & Atom Support!]

RPGMakerMV Intellisense These two files add intellisense to your RPGMakerMV code base when working with plugins, the base code, etc in Visual Studio Code. You can see every class available in the code base and the methods attached to them. Furthermore, you can even see the outputs of methods...
  17. Kino

Functional Programming Part 3 - Immutability

Functional Programming Part 3 - Immutability One rule of Functional Programming is immutability; this means that data of any kind can't be changed. Now, hold on before you throw Functional Programming out the window, let's remedy your concern; you can still operate on objects. Confused? Let's...
  18. Kino

JavaScript: Things To Watch Out For

JavaScript: Things To Watch Out For Today's post isn't about new techniques. Today we cover some things to be wary of in JavaScript. These include Function Hoisting, pass by value, scoping rules, and this. Function Hoisting Function hosting can be a problem. When you create a function without...
  19. Kino

Functional Programming - Map, Reduce, Filter

Functional Programming - Map, Reduce, Filter There are three functions and one object type that you should care about more than anything else and those are map, reduce, filter, and the humble array. Today, we're going to understand why they're so important, starting with the array. Arrays The...
  20. Kino

Functional Programming Adventure - Closures

Closures - How To Create Reusable Functions Closures are a concept mentioned a lot in JavaScript, and you may not have heard of them. They provide you with a power that's very similar to bind and apply in Javascript. The advantage is, unlike bind, you can create more robust functions without...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123