Search results

1. Changing parameters shown on Yanfly Equip Core

Hey guys! Got a question about the Yanfly Equip Core. So, each of my characters has a different name for their Mana resource. However, in the Yanfly Equip Core, they are both still listed as the default MP. Is there any way to make the Equip Core change the text of the mana resource in the...
  2. Adding a third resource bar?

So, @LuLingqi1 gave me an idea for my game. One of the mechanics is that the character can switch between skill sets during combat. To add a layer of "risk-vs-reward" to the switching, LuLingqi suggested I add a resource that will control the ability of the character to use the skill set swap...
  3. Changing Personas in Combat?

So, my game has a single actor. However, that one actor has the ability to change between five "personas". Changing personas as of now would require going back to the original town (which is currently only possible after defeating a boss. Defeating a boss sends you directly back to the town.)...
  4. Help with a Script thingy?

Sorry for the non-descriptive title, I'm not sure what this is... Other than a monster of a thingy. Could be because I'm brain dead after two Biology midterms and an OChem midterm in two days. Ouchie. So, I'm using Yanfly's Extra Parameter Formula plugin (and a bunch of her others), but I'm...
  5. Changing Background of all Windows?

So, I know how in text boxes, you can change the text background from the default "Window" to either "Dim" or "Transparent". However, as I have been unable to find out how, I was wondering if it is possible to make all windows look that way? I really don't like the default boxed look...
  6. Yanfly's Attachable Augments

So, I recently started using Yanfly's Attachable Augments plugin (it best suits the progression system I'm trying to incorporate in my game). However, I'm running into a couple things I'm not finding in the Help section. Maybe I'm simply overlooking it, but is there a way to make an augment...
  7. Choosing a number at random?

So, one of the events I want in my game is a randomized boss. The boss fought will be randomized from one of five potential bosses. I know there is a way to set up an event to pull a random number and then assign outcomes to each number, but not how I would do so. Does anyone else know? I can't...
  8. Problem with Scope: None?

So, I have several skills that are set to Scope: None in my game. This is because I have a single actor and the skills with common events are mostly pure buffs. Anyway, I recently started noticing that the skills with a scope of None are crashing the game? I haven't added or removed any...
  9. Skill Concept Help?

Okay, so my game has a unique resource mechanic (unique in that I haven't seen anything like it in other games and even the basis for the concept is no longer used). Rather than skills consuming mana and TP, they generate something called "Wrath" or "Harmony". Wrath increases the damage you...
  10. Reducing MP and TP by a Set Amount?

So, two of the skills I want to incorporate in my game are supposed to fill up either the user's MP or TP, but then cause the same to decrease by 10 at the end of the next three turns. I have the skills set to fill up the respective stat, but how do I cause the static drop for the next three...
  11. Linking to other forum through picture in signature?

Hiya! First off, I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I don't know where it should go, so I'm gonna ask it here. Anyway, I made the Early Game Feedback topic for my first game, and I finally have the logo. How would I be able to put the link to the forum page of my game on the picture...
  12. Item Experience Plugin?

So, I know there is/was a plugin (or maybe it was a VX Ace script...) that made it so that items have experience values of their own and that using the equipment enough times would cause it to level up and become stronger. Regardless, I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know the plugin I'm...
  13. Staccato of Memories (Updated as of 11/9)

/monthly_2016_09/57d0ba92535a0_StacattoofMemoriesLogo.png.b2e3f8112b7ca9bb0077c7233bbf457b.png.c70bb405a7fa28edb769af791ec4dca5.png Big thanks to @Minty Starbound for the shiny new logo! It's awesome! :D Overview: Characters: (Character Portraits are temporary. When I get...
  14. Game Logo Refinement Request

Resource Type: Game Logo Design Maker Format: MV Art Style: Caligraphy Description: Hi! I have a basic idea on how I want my game's logo to look, but I'm shoddy at caligraphy. I gave it my best shot, but would anyone mind refining it for me? Reference Images: I'd like it similar to...
  15. Dealing fixed damage with a state?

Me again. Sorry guys XD I'm trying to create a weapon type that deals less damage than normal weapons, but that has a chance to, on an attack, release an "Unstable Burst" that will deal additional damage to the enemy. The only way I can think of doing this is by creating a state and having...
  16. Weird number thingy on top left?

So... This is new, but it's on all the tabs I open in the program (even the small ones that add states and stuff...) How do I get rid of it? I don't like it. XD
  17. Trouble with Yanfly Equip Battle Skills- Allowed Types?

So, I'm having some troubles with Yanfly's EBS plugin, particularly with the Allowed Types sub-plugin. My game has five classes (loosely, the player can choose skills from any of the classes to bring to battle). However, I also have some abilities (each character choice will have 4 to 5...
  18. Equipment Question?

So, I'm running into a design problem for my game. My game's equipment system is based off general tiers with a crafting system. After you defeat a boss, you unlock the next tier of crafting that will allow you to build stronger weapons. However, each boss also drops their own unique recipes...
  19. Looking to remove non-combat HP/MP/TP Bars

So, in my game, I don't have traditional MP and TP bars. Rather I have something like the Balance Druid in World of Warcraft had before they made it an automated shift: The Solar and Lunar  energy. For those who never played a Balance druid (or WoW in general), the Balance druid's attacks would...
  20. Increasing Action Time with AGI?

So, I know next-to-nothing about JavaScript, so I don't even know if something like this would be possible, or if it would even need a plugin, but I'll ask it here anyway in the hopes that someone can make it one, if it does in fact need one. My game has a single actor. I did it this way...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lnayaj