Search results

1. Edgre

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

I can get Diet Coke with Lime. Which is where I first tried it, and for me, it makes Diet Coke palatable. At this point, though, I find it easier to just stick to water. Less temptation to switch up the soda from diet to regular.
  2. Edgre

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

At this point, I've pretty much given up soda, except for a very rare treat. (I had one whole glass of Coke at Easter.) But I like Vanilla Coke. My favorite is Coke with Lime, but you can only get that (as far as I can tell) in those fancy machines where you can pick any of like 200 Coke...
  3. Edgre

Has Anyone Made Their Game Bug-Free?

My game is completely bug free. Oh, wait, you meant while I was awake? :guffaw:
  4. Edgre

Your Favorite Shop for Computing part (POLL)

As my day job is managing datacenters, I'm usually buying things from the manufacturers. Or from a select group of resellers. As for personal stuff, I'm pretty lame. Bought my desktop from Best Buy (It was on sale $200 off) and my wife's laptop from the Microsoft store, because it was almost...
  5. Edgre

Mapping the night away.

Mapping the night away.
  6. Edgre

[Improvement] Tie Attributes to Actor instead of Class

So you want the option, like in D&D where you get to add to a stat every four levels, etc. Which is independent of the Class you choose.
  7. Edgre

[Improvement] Enemies as Actors

Forgive me for not understanding, but I'm still new. Would a use for this to be something like: I create a single enemy type on the list, but then when inserting a specific enemy I can at the time of creating that event grant that instance levels? So, for example, I have an enemy type Orc...
  8. Edgre

Region Layer

Sometimes you have to have a feature, get it's use down pat and for people to work with it for a while before you can figure out how to make it more user friendly. I'm still too new to judge, but this seems like a way to make more customization take less overall work. I don't really see the...
  9. Edgre

The pains of writing a story...

@Moonport I haven't started "writing" a game as of yet. At the moment, I'm focusing on just learning the ropes. That said, while I'm taking the time to learn the program/system that is RPGMaker, I'm also brainstorming on ideas/projects I'll want to take on after I'm done with this...
  10. Edgre

Working on the same project with multiple devices

@NextLevelGinger I was just contemplating this, so glad someone else asked the same thing. @Kes do you manually copy to dropbox, or do you have a script you run to copy the files. I tried drag and drop on the whole project folder, and when I got to the other PC and unpacked...files didn't all...
  11. Edgre

How good your English grammar?

The "haves and have nots" is a case where you pluralize have. It's very uncommon case, but yes, in this case you would add the s to have. @Mister.Right Your concept of non count nouns is actually more complex than it first seems. Let's take the example of hair: You don't actually count the...
  12. Edgre

Tile not working as expected.

Ok, just did a bit more testing. I think I got it now. Thanks for the explanation. I had assumed I could just use a Stair tile, but that's not an option. So. Note to self, need to use ladders to go up and down, and as well, need to make sure a map has downfacing spaces that are accessible...
  13. Edgre

@Sharm Yes, I can only get onto them from "below" the tile. (And can only leave the same way.) I didn't have a wall tile below it, just assuming (I know, bad things those assumptions) that I would not be able to get on it at all without a ladder or stairs, etc. I expected to have to use an...
  14. Edgre

Running MV. Still just working on some maps. I'm using everything at the moment out of the box. No modifications to anything yet. I don't quite understand this particular bit of terrain. From every other side, I can't walk onto it. But from the bottom, I can. I had set it up as my...
  15. Edgre

Sharm, I was already in college by the time the original show came out. I watched the movie...

Sharm, I was already in college by the time the original show came out. I watched the movie with my sons the day it came out. Have to say, the movie was fun. I thought they did a good job.
  16. Edgre

I started to panic, because I went to save it, and it told me one of the maps couldn't save...

I started to panic, because I went to save it, and it told me one of the maps couldn't save. Since I didn't need that map, I figured I'd just delete it. I didn't think about the fact that the map underneath would also get deleted. Thankfully, since it wasn't saving, I just opened up the...
  17. Edgre

Andar is not kidding about backing up. Almost lost two hours of mapping just now. Got real...

Andar is not kidding about backing up. Almost lost two hours of mapping just now. Got real, real lucky.
  18. Edgre

Sample Maps...

Bummer. Was hoping that would be an easily tweaked option. Thanks for the quick response.
  19. Edgre

Sample Maps...

I've been poking around at this, and I can't figure it out. Is it possible to add more maps to the Sample Maps list in MV? Can I customize this at all?
  20. Edgre

Map sizes, best practices? (MV in specific)

Okay, so that's some outer bounds, that's good to know. For that eventing threshold, do things like setting the random encounters count?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have my fingers crossed, waiting for a discount sale on MZ on Steam.. Its normally around the corner during Halloween or x-mas season on Steam, if i remember right..
We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCYR