Search results

1. MrKiwi

Let's share some culture: Dances!

How ya folks? Quite recently I felt captivated by a particular dance related to my national culture, so I thought: "What dances are there in other countries? How huge could the differences and variety so happen to be?" This could be an interesting and even usefull thread for those interested on...
  2. MrKiwi

Non GameDev skills for GameDev

I tried to make a cool sounding title... but I think its quite ridicolous... oh nevermind. Hello there fellow makers, everyone has a different way to make games, some go for an insanely scheduled development, others (like me) have a more casual an sporadic programming rhythm, and then find...
  3. MrKiwi

Battle key inputs.

So I've been searching for a week... and couldn't find anything that works for me. The closest I've been were some skill input plugins, maybe I could set skills to run scripts... but don't know how... What I'm looking for: I want some way to make the arrow keys work as commands in battle, lets...
  4. MrKiwi

RMMV Help understanding steampunk music!

Hello there, its your kiwi birb once again. I'm actually working on a new story for a project, and I decided to use a victorian-steampunk like enviroment. When it comes to the visual style and design required for this, I can visualize it... But music on the other hand... I completely lack of a...
  5. MrKiwi

Variables script call help!

Hey there! I'm not very good with script calls, I barely understand them... :kaosigh: I feel like what I'm trying to pull out is kinda easy, but its not working for me. Basically I want to use a script for a conditional branch where I want it to run if the player Y position is 1 tile above an...
  6. MrKiwi

Differences between a villain and an anti-hero

Evening... or morning... (whichever's your case) I've been reworking some of my characters (for different projects) and I noticed I had an issue. Is this character relevant? Is it good or evil? Where did it came from? And many other questions, but in terms of the second one of these (good or...
  7. MrKiwi

RMMV Little game concept building!

I've been unlucky posting thread at the right place recently, hope this time I nailed it... Anyways, hey there! Its your favorite non-flying birb. So I just got the idea of doing a little project just to test out some ideas, concepts and designs, its nothing too big... However I still need to...
  8. MrKiwi

Skill types display on battle

Hello there, I have some doubts about how to manage the skills in my project. In the game, you (the player) require an item in order to enable the use of skills (i.e a fire orb equiped to actor 1 allows him to use fire skills), also, per skill type, an actor can only equip 6 of them for battle...
  9. MrKiwi

RMMV A forum game idea!

Okay, maybe this idea has been debated before, but I couldn't find it. Also, I'm aware how hard this could be, still, seems at least nice to have the idea. Without further delay, lets get into it. So I had this cute idea of making a game about the community (about us). This simple concept...
  10. MrKiwi

Character naming!

Not sure if this is the place for this thread, sorry if not the case :( As the title states I'm having issues with naming one of the main characters for my game. Here you have her: And this is a description of her according to the protagonist: Perhaps I'll eventually come up with a name...
  11. MrKiwi

Hime Actor Battle Commands help

So I hope someone has a solution, or an alternative. Okay so I'm trying to display a certain skill type under specific condiftions using the himeworks actor battle commands plugin; For this example made in a new project, I'd like to display the skill type 2 (Special) whenever the actor has more...
  12. MrKiwi

Daytime Palettes

If you ever tried to add a daytime cycle system into your rpg project you probably either used the tint screen event, an image with daytime effects (like sunrays) or some plugin that added more control over lightining. Whatever the case every daytime (dawn, midday, sunset, night) had its own...
  13. MrKiwi

RMMV Early concept SCI-FI rpg!

Kiwiettes and Kiwis! I've been working for the last days on a new project (still need a solid name, so far its called: Project Gray Nature) that involves technology, nature and rpg (actually this sounds like a weird mix...) Some lore: Context: Gameplay Concepts: Now, lets get to the sweet...
  14. MrKiwi

OC Evolution

For those who don´t know OC stands for Original Character. So, I recently found some old designs of my OC and god... I surely changed my design style a lot, and also kinda improved my general skill. I started the design of my character in 2014, as a minecraft skin (Yes, thats the origin), the...
  15. MrKiwi

The game making backup

Hello there, after loosing my progress for at least 3 important times this year, I just realized how important is to backup your work at some point. (To avoid some game making depression :kaoswt:) So today's thread goes for the question: How do you backup? As far as I know, the options would...
  16. MrKiwi

Idle Battle Actions Idea

So I was thinking about making battle system more "dynamic" (At least, that's the idea :kaoswt2:), I think an ATB system would fit for this. Okay, lets say we're in a battle (ATB based), so whoever charges its action gauge gets to attack, heal or whatever, but, there are is a time when none of...
  17. MrKiwi

What do you do while making games?

I dunno, I think this might be interesting to look forward, right? Of course you must focus on what you're doing, but it would be weird if you literally just stay like 3 to 8 hours straight just writing events without doing anything else (If you do so... no offence intended :kaoswt:) In my case...
  18. MrKiwi

Final Fantasy Saga Thoughts

When speaking of RPG, or in general old videogame franchises, Final Fantasy surely has a special place in many gamers hearts. Although, I'd like to see what YOU, as a fellow rmaker, think about your favorite title (Or the whole saga if you don't want to choose :D). Basically I'd like to know...
  19. MrKiwi

Looking for a vertical train sprite.

So what I'm looking for is a vertical train sprite for an event, I ain't having luck finding one, and honestly I don't think I can make one, so I'd like to ask you guys :kaoswt: Specifics: - I'm working on Rpg Maker MV - I just need the head machine and a wagon - I think 52px long and 120px...
  20. MrKiwi

RMMV Looking for Suspense/Horror tips

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, sorry if not. :kaosigh: So, as title says I'm looking for some tips for a suspense/horror project I'm starting. I'm not the biggest fan of this genre (Because I'm a cowardy coward kiwi), and therefore I'm not pretty sure how to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is there anyone who would like to resize some of sprites I've got and put them into MV sheet? I'm bad at that kind of things. I want to make a game, but I lack in resources and I'm bad at recolouring them, so my only option was to use a sprite maker from one game (Ive got permission to use it) but these are sprites from VX Ace and I only have MV. So, is there anyone interested in helping me?
Wow! This game looks great! Streaming now :D
Working on a system that allows you to define events in an easy to use text file format!!! Would you use such a thing? 0o
Have my fingers crossed, waiting for a discount sale on MZ on Steam.. Its normally around the corner during Halloween or x-mas season on Steam, if i remember right..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hypermear