Search results

1. Countyoungblood

Spend time on people in whom you recognize potential and endure the company of everyone else

Spend time on people in whom you recognize potential and endure the company of everyone else
  2. Countyoungblood

Designing boss battles

Well not displaying a health bar is not a puzzle. Not displaying an mp bar is not a puzzle. Giving a player direction is not the same as coddling. This is not the crowd or thread for me so Il just excuse myself enjoy your nonsense.
  3. Countyoungblood

Designing boss battles

This thread "designing boss battles" is about designing mechanics of boss battles. Giving away the answer to a puzzle means its no longer a puzzle. The thread isnt "spoon feeding easy wins" so, no. Kinda isnt the whole point of the topic. Either way usually people design the kind of games theyd...
  4. Countyoungblood

Designing boss battles

are players really that delicate? Unless they are told before hand they will be upset. Sounds like bad parenting of a toddler.
  5. Countyoungblood

Designing boss battles

Are you concidering the numbers? Im taking the boss's original health and lowering it when including heals.
  6. Countyoungblood

Designing boss battles

What would you guys say to a healing boss with an mp pool? The quantity of magic/heals would be limited by mp and the bosses health would be lower. For example..100hp +10 heals for 50 hp instead of a boss with 600hp. You could burst the boss down before he could heal or drain mp or survive...
  7. Countyoungblood

Save points: Yes or no?

far enough, though I expect you'll be suprised what is/isnt does/doesnt. Youre above par so I wouldnt get too deep or overly invested anywhere lots of ways to ruin a thread one lesser is deviating.
  8. Countyoungblood

Save points: Yes or no?

Interesting example. Are you saying the limitations of videogame design vastly limit the potential for long term choices because of flaws or do you suppose its impossible to anticipate the player well enough? DM's can predict a lot of what youre going to do but not everything and thankfully we...
  9. Countyoungblood

Sounds like short circuit logic of a shallow search

Sounds like short circuit logic of a shallow search
  10. Countyoungblood

share what youre learning this week

saw a big bag of sushi rice at HeB but the rest of the aisle was empty. Its gotta be that short grain rice and you gotta rinse it really well to make it stick right
  11. Countyoungblood

Had to google that, looks tasty. Made sushi for my wife while she was pregnant (zero raw) so i have a bit with sushi rice.
  12. Countyoungblood

Looks fantastic id bet grass clippings could decompose enough to supress weeds.. will be trying this method at least to generate compost and clear land for gardening.
  13. Countyoungblood

Hmm. Not much learning.
  14. Countyoungblood

Who wants to talk about what theyre learning about? I myself am studying electricity but with all the recent free time Ive been dabbling with cooking. Ive made a few soups a vinagrette some lemon curd and gotten closer to easy homemade burgers. (The trick seems to be minimal handling) How...
  15. Countyoungblood

I have an idea but i don't think the players will like it.

To me it'd be tedium and irritation. If regular bandages are 1/3 then its 1/3 to annoy me. If I can "clean" the bandages then it becomes a microquest type thing. Risk it or be sure.. But when would i risk it? When things are already bad. So im dying..i try to prevent dying and it kills me...
  16. Countyoungblood

Ignore this thread, please

Your comment about not being as mature as you aught to be reminds me of something seneca said about falling short of wisdom by thinking they've already arrived. Your awareness of your immaturity is a sign of maturity and youd do well to concider that great minds keep growing and evolving for...
  17. Countyoungblood

32GB of what?

32GB of what?
  18. Countyoungblood

Left looks better fantastic work.

Left looks better fantastic work.
  19. Countyoungblood

Ad hominem fallacy: attacking the person instead of the argument. Its a red flag that deserves...

Ad hominem fallacy: attacking the person instead of the argument. Its a red flag that deserves attention or rather...disengagement. it doesnt make you close minded to walk away from irrelevant cheap shots and anyone willing to stoop so low is unlikely to have much worth hearing.
  20. Countyoungblood

In games with an "invisibility" skill, do you prefer a step-based or timer-based cost?

That makes senseand it keeps the player inside the bubble of the game. It'd be interesting to see more of a puzzle element come out of it since you can sit and wait

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a surprise session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
MZ life hack of the day: using unnecessary sparams (MP cost and Floor damage) for custom stats for Visustella’s core engine.
I'm working on Juzu the Fox right now and had a great idea. I'll try to add Crystal Temples to the game! These function a lot like the ring pieces and their barriers in Dark Deception, holding the realm together. After finding all the key charms, you must enter the Crystal Temple and defeat the beast guarding it.
I thought too much about improve mechanic while forget that I actually just want focus on a simple story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PK_Brody