Search results

1. Authumbla

The Magic Circle's Music Station!

Guess who's got a new tune up for you (It's me. That's why I'm posting). This is a dramatic, yet very chill, track for my game's confrontation with the obligatory Big Bad Evil Guy, which is essentially a philosophical duel between existentialism and nihilism (and people with superpowers...
  2. Authumbla

Use of Politics in RPGs

I can vouch for Trails in the Sky being a good example of a political RPG. The writing in it, in general, is extremely sharp. Politics are really hard to write properly. You have to avoid sounding ham-fisted, and you'll ideally have to do a lot of research to make sure that you know what you're...
  3. Authumbla

RMVXA the Little Music Box and the Daemon (Full Version)

This is so cute! I love the aesthetic. I'm looking forward to the final release, especially since it's in three days :)
  4. Authumbla

How compatible is Victor Engine with Yanfly's Core Engine?

My question is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin - I'm using Victor Engine to handle SFonts and for its "Bitmap Smooth Fix" plugin (We're going with a 16 bit look), and Yanfly's engine to handle everything else. Are there any bugs that I'll have to watch out for? If all else fails...
  5. Authumbla

Quasi Movement

I've run into a bit of a problem with parallax mapping. Specifically, despite prefixing my parallaxes with a !, the map fails to centre on the player, and in addition, the space in which the character can move is represented by a black box...but only when the grid size is set to 1x1 and the size...
  6. Authumbla

MV Parallax Mapping for Beginners (3 Part Video Series)

I'm running into a bit of a problem with parallax mapping. Specifically, despite prefixing my parallax maps with !, they don't center onto the player.As a result, the following glitch occurs: The resolution of my game is 640x480 and my zoom to 200%.. The same problem appears to occur at...
  7. Authumbla

THE LEDGE

I love this! It's a creative concept and is very well executed.
  8. Authumbla

Win Every Battle

One of the Prince of Persia games' Game Over screens consists of the narrator telling you "No, no, that didn't happen, back up a bit", as the game takes you back to the last save point, which I always thought was pretty cute even if doing it would be pretty clunky solution gameplay-wise most of...
  9. Authumbla

My recommendations for free music making resources

If you're going for a 16-bit sound, William Kage has a ton of SNES soundfonts on his site. Woolyss is also a good resource for various chiptune-related resources - I haven't tried everything, but in their VST section I'd personally recommend Dream64 (It takes a while to get used to the...
  10. Authumbla

Changing Fonts Causes RPG Maker MV To Fail To Load?

I misspoke - it affected the game but not MV itself. In any case, it randomly began working, so it appears this will continue to be a mystery...
  11. Authumbla

Changing Fonts Causes RPG Maker MV To Fail To Load?

(Placing this here because I'm assuming this is an issue common to all RPG Maker builds, although on further reflection this probably isn't the right place for it) I'm trying to change the font my game uses to Futura (Light), and while I have it installed on my system and the font inside my...
  12. Authumbla

Quasi Movement

@Quasi Thank you! I figured there wouldn't be a problem but wanted to make sure before progressing into a dead end. EDIT: Figured it out, never mind!
  13. Authumbla

Preventing Title Screen Music From Repeating

Thank you so much! This is incredibly useful.
  14. Authumbla

Quasi Movement

I can't see why this wouldn't be the case, but this would work with Parallax maps, right? Since the idea is that the collision map is completely unrelated to the tiles placed on the ground?
  15. Authumbla

TileD Plugin (Version 1.3.0+ Released)

I fully agree that if you can implement compatibility with Quasi's pixel movement plugin this will essentially be the best possible thing for RPG Maker. I'm so glad this plugin exists!
  16. Authumbla

The Man Of Many Questions

Unfortunately, it's perfectly possible to convert a script in Ruby to a Javascript plugin...by reprogramming it from scratch. Everything you're saying sounds possible, it's just a matter of getting down to brass tacks and coding it. Good luck - it sounds like it's going to be a lot of work...
  17. Authumbla

Changing Plugin Names - Organization

I'm using a lot of Yanfly's plugins in my game, and from my understanding I need to install each of them in order so there's as little chance of wonky interactions between plugins as possible. I originally tried putting a number in front of each plugin's name so that I could organize them more...
  18. Authumbla

Quasi Movement

This plugin is an absolute godsend. However, I'm having trouble running the demo - it fails to load when I try playtesting it. Is this related to the lack of graphics in the tilesets?
  19. Authumbla

Preventing Title Screen Music From Repeating

My game's title screen music is very short and only plays once - sort of like the intro music from Earthbound or Chrono Trigger. I'm under the impression that the way I'd make the title screen music play once would be to change it from a BGM to a ME, but I'm not sure how to do this. If...
  20. Authumbla

Crudelis - A unique 60 minutes long RPG

This is both a beautiful looking game and a really interesting mechanic. I've never been a huge fan of it mostly because it makes me anxious every time (*coughcough Majora's Mask), but I may have to give up my prejudices against strict time limits to check this game out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh