1. RCXDan

Pretty cute sprites.

Pretty cute sprites.
  2. RCXDan

You encountered a wild Karen.

You encountered a wild Karen.
  3. RCXDan

Facing Away From Player Conditional Branch

So this is something I've been ruminating about. So Earthbound has this system where if you touch an overworld enemy from the back, you enter battle with an advantage. How do I replicate this in RPG Maker? Is there a way for a conditional branch to check "facing away from player"?
  4. RCXDan

Man I sure would love it if my memory didn't blank out and I completely forget what it was I...

Man I sure would love it if my memory didn't blank out and I completely forget what it was I wanted to look up.
  5. RCXDan

Same as @Riazey for me. If you are an insect/arachnid that enters my room, you've signed a death...

Same as @Riazey for me. If you are an insect/arachnid that enters my room, you've signed a death certificate.
  6. RCXDan

Having to break an infinite loop could be a fun idea for a boss if done on purpose and done well.

Having to break an infinite loop could be a fun idea for a boss if done on purpose and done well.
  7. RCXDan

What kind of filler in RPGs do you hate?

Good point but uh, this isn't a "general problems with RPGs" thread, this is a "filler you hate" thread, regardless of what people like Tai_MT or Heartless_angel are saying. I feel its largely irrelevant and just an excuse to bash the conventions of the genre in a place it's not necessary. So...
  8. RCXDan

Absolutely, but then I remember "hey wait, I made a fully functioning, fleshed out game in less...

Absolutely, but then I remember "hey wait, I made a fully functioning, fleshed out game in less than thirty days for that one game jam" and that little confidence boost helps me get through the rest of my work because now I'm like "I have time."
  9. RCXDan

New Game Plus from an NPC's perspective must be wild, especially if they let you keep end-game...

New Game Plus from an NPC's perspective must be wild, especially if they let you keep end-game weapons and armor. * Guild leader: "Alright, send em i--" * [Protagonist walks in wielding a world class sword and is in a giant, overdecorated suit of armor that nearly blinds from how shiny it is]...
  10. RCXDan

What are some of your favorite unique mechanics in RPGs?

@BURNING_JUSTICE_Games Big props for mentioning the Megaman Battle Network series. The one I can immediately think of is Undertale's blend between conventional RPG combat, spare/kill and bullet hell mechanics, since it makes every enemy unique ranging from their method of sparing to how you...
  11. RCXDan

Potential new mechanic for one of my games: you get to rescue a cat and name it and feed it...

Potential new mechanic for one of my games: you get to rescue a cat and name it and feed it. :LZSproud:
  12. RCXDan

I mean even if it's for comedy it still helps me stir up ideas...

I mean even if it's for comedy it still helps me stir up ideas...
  13. RCXDan

The Guard Skill... let's change it.

I've always had a fascinating concept for Guarding in RPG Maker. I do a lot of scripted events during battle, my most common one being enemies who use special attacks at half health. I like to have it so that guarding when those scripted sequences show up actually modifies the event so...
  14. RCXDan

What kind of filler in RPGs do you hate?

* Unskippable, blatant tutorials that don't really help or bother being part of the world you're in * Fetch quests / grinding to get past a level gate * Random encounters that you can't control without a repel function * No fast travel function that lets you easily escape dungeons you've already...
  15. RCXDan

I'm interested because of angel and demon stuff.

I'm interested because of angel and demon stuff.
  16. RCXDan

Man I wish I had a good idea for this jam. And that I owned MZ. :kaodes:

Man I wish I had a good idea for this jam. And that I owned MZ. :kaodes:
  17. RCXDan

Slimes are starter enemies until you watch something like the Blob. Then you realize that if...

Slimes are starter enemies until you watch something like the Blob. Then you realize that if they really felt like it they'd just swallow everything you throw at them that isn't magic. Swords cutting them? Nah. Shooting them? They'd eat the bullets or they go right through, and so on. ...
  18. RCXDan

That's rough buddy.

That's rough buddy.
  19. RCXDan

These sound like special attack names out of context.

These sound like special attack names out of context.
  20. RCXDan

The duality of man.

The duality of man.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got the scam again this morning... Maybe a tirade will work better.
Anyway, I'm taking off for Orlando tomorrow. My train leaves at 1:27 and the Wi-Fi on the train is TERRIBLE. Of course, I can't wait to see Dad. I haven't seen him since PTSD treatment. Maybe he'll take me to Aquatica after Halloween!
grief... when ONE plugin is causing a range of issues lol. but then you realize it's the only plugin of it's kind and you don't have a replacement for it lol. oof
the "Run and Hydlide" Update is now live for my game "A Postmortem Nation"

I'll be back soon, reality is trying to capture me but I'm faster!
Mother-in-laws....(eye roll)

Was playing a little Stardew Valley, (haven't in ages) and she comes around and asks, 'oh, whatever happened to those pixel art you were suppose to be doing, pretending you were going to be selling... to nobody.'

Good morning to you too. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTG_Serraphye