Search results

1. Trilient

A Beginner wanting to learn JavaScript

I was already playing around with CodeCombat, and also recommend it. It's been helping me a lot as well. To add, FreeCodeCamp is another good resource, as well as Codecademy. MV using JS as opposed to Ruby was a smart choice by the developers, especially considering that it's one of the most...
  2. Trilient

Where do I go from here?

I feel like I've gotten to the point where I have a pretty good grasp of JS, yet I still get confused anytime I open up the documentation for MV. I've completed several online JS tutorials and algorithm scripting challenges, but I feel like I've hit a bump in the road. Where do I go from this...
  3. Trilient

Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

You're awesome Yanfly! That did it, though the animation for some reason is rotated incorrectly. Should be horizontal (the skill I'm using uses a horizontal slash animation), but it's rotated vertically for some reason. Only on enemies, once again. Not a major issue, just thought you'd like to know.
  4. Trilient

I get an error when an enemy uses an action sequence. It works fine on characters, but enemies give me this:   rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: undefined is not a function at file:///E:/MVGAMES/Pplayin/PlayinAround/js/plugins/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:751:29 at Array.forEach (native) at...
  5. Trilient

Animated Enemies

I have a problem, the game crashes whenever an enemy uses an action sequence EDIT: Nevermind, it's not this plugin causing the problem.
  6. Trilient

Best way to go about putting together facesets.

It might be slightly tedious, but still faster than the PS method. Have two files: The faceset, and the face, then overwrite the face file on each export and import that new face into the set. It took me all of like 5 minutes to create a full set of emotions (including editing the face in the...
  7. Trilient

I haven't tried it with faces made outside the generator, the person I quoted said they use photoshop to crop the generator created images and then manually create a set. Which is unnecessary because the generator will already do that bit for you.
  8. Trilient

What software do you use in music cration?

I use FL Studio, not sure what was used to create the music in the RTP though.
  9. Trilient

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

Wait, you can use Javascript within the damage formula calculator? So if I wanted to place an if statement that doubled the amount of damage dealt if the actors HP was below a certain point, I could do that?
  10. Trilient

Trouble with AltMenuScreen plugin

I figured out the issue, in case anyone else has a similar problem. It all comes down to placement within the Plugin Manager, I'm using it with Yanfly's MainMenuManager. The AltMenuScreen needed to be below Yanfly's Core Engine plugin.
  11. Trilient

Why do you do this? The character generator will do this for you. All you have to do is import the a single face into another faceset, and then just keep adding them 1 by 1 until you have all 8. Edit: It will also do this with sprites
  12. Trilient

No skill types

You could just make a "Skill" skill type and assign all skills to that one type.
  13. Trilient

Trouble with AltMenuScreen plugin

Looks like the character status bars are being drawn up more times than they need to, as well as not being properly aligned. Is it possible that it's not compatible with some of Yanfly's plugins?  
  14. Trilient

Star passability?

Is there a fix for the star passability on the "A" region of tiles? I don't like that some you can't pass through the roofs of some buildings.
  15. Trilient

How do you reposition animations?

I created a skill using notetags to match one of the pre-made special animations, however I can't position it over the target. Instead the animation plays in the center of the screen, how to I make this animation play over the target instead? (sideview battle) EDIT: Oh man, I feel kind of dumb...
  16. Trilient

Thanks! I had already set this very thing up using two separate attack skills, I was unaware you could use JS in the notetags :D
  17. Trilient

I can't get the camera focus to do anything... Here's what I have for a skill. It's meant to basically be like one of moves from anime where the player slashes through an enemy and appears on the other side, with the effect happening a few moments later. The skill itself works, but the camera...
  18. Trilient

1280x720 default battlebacks

Awesome! Thank you for doing this. :)
  19. Trilient

Yanfly Videos - Game set to widescreen

YEP Core Engine is what you're looking for!
  20. Trilient

I want to get into JavaScript as a result of RPG Maker MV

[/SPOILER] Wow! That's definitely helpful, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying our Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zetheir