Search results

1. RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Forgot to mention this, but the error I posted results in nothing being imported but all files still being deleted, unfortunately.
  2. RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Finally got around to trying this out since MZ is up. This comes up when I try to do it: The trace log has the following text (replaced some stuff with redacted): Sorry if this is a dumb question, though, but why can't we just import the resource folder itself in a similar way to other...
  3. RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

I'd appreciate some way to import resources from the old version of the generator. Piled up a lot of resources. I understand if that's not in the card, though.
  4. RPG Maker MV/MZ Extended Generator - Version 0.66 - Update on the 8th September 2020

Awesome! I'll have to check it out. By cannot use the data, do you mean the resource file format? Or saved characters? Can I import an rxge file to get the resources I gathered back in one place? Edit: Hm, is there no more "import folder" option in this version. Also I get this (and a ctd)...
  5. Healers/Support Characters

Either give the heal route some sort of attack spell(life drain, dots, or overheal). Alternatively you can have an item/skill that applies zombie state so you can heal damage. For skills you've got the disgaea 4 healer: https://disgaea.fandom.com/wiki/Healer_(Disgaea_4) Over Load D 24 16/16...
  6. How large is considered to be "Too large" when it comes to numbers?

Personally, I feel that way long before that point. But, yeah. Though sometimes ridiculousness is the point: see Disgaea. Personally I'm more fond of small numbers. Small numbers gets rid of damage variability, allows the player to do simple math to figure out how many turns it'd take to...
  7. how can the player create characters at the start?

I haven't tried it myself (though I have seen it do this when I put a different sized piece out of the extended generator), but it seems to scale the resolution of the pieces it uses to whatever the highest alphabetical picture's resolution is for each piece. Either way, it's not a terribly...
  8. Writing Extremely Intelligent/Strategic Characters

There are a few ways to show not tell a smart character. An easy one is to have them work against the party before joining it for one reason or another. A video game example for that you might be familiar with: Naoto from Persona 4. They're also a good example of how a blank slate character can...
  9. What is a Puzzle? (in RPGs)

A puzzle in an RPG is anything you have to solve in order to progress (progress applying to side/hidden content as well). I think something as simple as a "find the keys to open the door" can be considered a rudimentary puzzle. If I had to divide puzzles into categories: Environment puzzles...
  10. ** RESOLVED ** SRD CCEX: showing portrait images depending on body type

I'm not sure what the question is here. If you just want to add different categories, all you have to do is add additional folders in the SRD CCEX image folder and then add the folder names in the plugin-manager SRD_CCEX section under layers and order. In order for this to be compatible with...
  11. Better way to maintain opacity on enemy when targeted (YEP action sequence/buffstate related)?

@caethyril Interesting plug-in, it's very close to what I'm looking for but not quite. It doesn't have the visual problems the other fix does, but unfortunately, because it updates every frame it messes up a decent amount of my action sequences that deal with opacity. Edit: Figured out the...
  12. Better way to maintain opacity on enemy when targeted (YEP action sequence/buffstate related)?

So, this is one that's been bothering me for a bit, I have a sorta-solution that messes up other things. I have a stealth state for allies and enemies that tweaks their opacity and makes them really hard to hit. I do this with the following notetag on the state: <Custom Apply Effect>...
  13. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Yeeeaaaaahhh, not interested in subscription rpg maker. That being said, I'd prefer occasional hefty $40 expansion DLCs to add new base features over a completely new engine, but I can see the why of not doing that. Granted, it feels like that's the idea behind tools like Sakan and the other...
  14. How do you make map design fun?

My reason for hating it is that I often have a very clear vision of what I want my maps to look like, but then it's annoying searching for everything and then annoying to make it when necessary. The actual process of making maps is also annoying, yeah. One thing that helps me is watching speed...
  15. Letting player choose after right answer?

You can use Yanfly's auto states will do what you want-ish: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Auto_Passive_States_(YEP) Basically have a state attached to all actors that player use that will either make all abilities have 100% hit rate or miss rate with the <Passive Condition: Switch x ON>. So...
  16. Problems when using SRD Summon and YEP Animated SV Battlers

Ah, I copied the code post change there. You'll find a line that says: if(!Imported.YEP_BattleEngineCore) { Get rid of the !, everything will work just fine with yanflys plugins once you do that, oddly enough, since the part that actually breaks seems to be the part added to make things compatible.
  17. Modern Perfume/Jewelry Store Tiles

Thanks! Really appreciate it. Think I can get some use out of these.
  18. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

I understand 48x48. It's a balance between detail and ease of use. It's small enough that even someone with nearly nill artist skills like me can make a reasonable OK looking sprite, and while I think I could technically handle 64x64 probably, it would definitely be harder.
  19. What parts of RPG Maker development do you struggle with the most?

My two main "run into wall" points seem to be events with extreme branching based on previous points (I do love C&C too much not to, though) and mapping. For the first one, making 16 permutations to one event can be exhausting. Like, I've got 300k+ words in my project, but a lot of that is from...
  20. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

That's assuming people didn't edit their tilesets. Not to mention people using hte RTP probably have far more maps using the non-winter tiles than using the winter one, so that'd be an edge case anyway (i.e. if they keep the non-winter tiles in the same place a non-winter map would translate...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idotine