Search results

1. oriongates

Cyclone Maps - Overlay, Tile Size, Region Names, Region Collision and a lot more

Hudell found the issue in a different thread of mine (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/cyclone-maps-getting-fogs-to-work.128293/#post-1127829). Looks like you have to assign a switch to control the fog to get it to work.
  2. oriongates

RMMZ Cyclone Maps: getting fogs to work

That worked! That's a relief, thanks for the assistance.
  3. oriongates

Tried that out, but unfortunately it looks like it still isn't working. I should mention that the other overlays are working fine. Ground and Para overlays appear and work normally (haven't tried light or shadow yet), it's just fogs that are giving me the problem.
  4. oriongates

The link above should lead to a zipped sample project with the info. Here's a new copy of the link in case the above one doesn't work
  5. oriongates

Still hoping to figure out this issue. I've tried creating a completely fresh game with only the cyclone plugin, but I still can't get fogs to work. Here's the link to the test game if anyone wants to take a look and let me know what I may be screwing up: The plugin mentioned that it was...
  6. oriongates

MZ blurring animation images

So, I'm trying out some custom summon animations in MZ, which are largely kitbashes of various visual elements, including some simple monster image pngs. However, it seems like MZ is noticeably blurring these pngs. Which seems like a problem not just for this particular implementation, but...
  7. oriongates

I'm trying to do some parallax mapping with the Cyclone Maps plugin and I'm running into issues with getting fogs to work. Ground and Parallax settings work fine. Both image types appear without any issue at all. It seems to only be fogs that are the issue. I put the <FogName: fog6> (the name...
  8. oriongates

The official VisuStella notetag help thread

I'm working with the event core and I'm using the <label: text> notetag to make an icon appear over an event. I'm using <label: /I[n]> rather than the <icon: x> tag, because of the option for <label range: x> to make it so the label only appears when the player is next to the event, serving as...
  9. oriongates

Effekseer

I have used it in game. Blurry is probably a better description, overall, but there's a bit of pixelation as well (might be the result of some of the shapes being used). The main reason I'm trying to push it to work is because these are mostly animation packs that I had already paid for back...
  10. oriongates

Effekseer

Gotcha. Unfortunately these are some long sprite sheets and efekseer seems to have trouble loading them if I enlarge them more than x2 or x3 and the final results are still fairly pixelly. hmmm...Does anyone happen to know the size of the default image node in efekseer? I'm wondering if things...
  11. oriongates

Artbreeder is great for easily generating art

I'd suggest being a little careful with things like artbreeder. It's theoretically creative commons, but the original material is uploaded by the users and can (and definitely does) include copyrighted art, so it's entirely possible that the final product is recognizable as the original...
  12. oriongates

Effekseer

I took a look, but I can't find any settings that seem relevant. The Recorder doesn't seem like it would be involved, isn't that for exporting the file as an image? I'm saving this as a effekseer file in order to use it in MZ, so I don't think that would be involved (correct me if I'm wrong, of...
  13. oriongates

Effekseer

So, I'm trying to import some MV animation sheets into Efekseer effects. I've got the basic process down, but my issue is the size. After turning a sprite-sheet into an effekseer file and everything positioned in the proper game folders, I go to test things out and the animation proves to be...
  14. oriongates

Selecting the correct character/damage frame

Main problems with that is that's going to lead to a huge number of switches. I think there's a function in one of the visustella plugins that'll let me manipulate a self-switch in the event. But neither of those work if I want to do something like show the Player's sprite being knocked down...
  15. oriongates

I can only imagine it was a feature that was intended at some point, because obviously several character sprite-sheets only work if you have that ability. Maybe it just got lost in development at some point. Which sucks, because I quite liked that the generator provided a variety of...
  16. oriongates

I can give it a try. It seems kind of crazy that you would need a script in order to use things like the default unconscious sprite though.
  17. oriongates

So, RMMZ creates three different "down" or damage images for map sprites...but how do you actually pick the sprite you want of the three. I'm trying to do it by a set movement route (to show an NPC being hit by something and knocked down) but I can only choose the 12-sprite segment containing...
  18. oriongates

Gabe MZ - Fog Effects

Awesome, seems to work now!
  19. oriongates

Gabe MZ - Fog Effects

You have to create or find your own images. The plugin just puts them into the game and controls opacity, blending and movement. Still seems to be causing a problem I'm afraid. I attached the fog image, let me know if I'm missing anything.
  20. oriongates

Gabe MZ - Fog Effects

Does this support larger screen resolutions? I'm trying to use it with screen width set to 1104 (and the fog image size is also 1104 pixels wide). When I try it out, the fog appears, but it's off-centered and tiled on the right side. The clear gutter is meant to be in the center, so I'm...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur2007