Search results

1. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

The only thing that's changed about the character sheet poses in the creator is multiple down poses in TV. We were shown a screenshot in a past thread.
  2. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

It wasn't meant to be part of this week's update. It was for an extra thing during the week.
  3. RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Still hoping for feudal Japanese rtp. But I'm really liking this. Maybe now everyone will quiet down about MZ and MV being the same.
  4. RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Well, I went to Moghunter's blog and they've got a new page set up for MZ plugins. Speaking of Star Ocean, the first thing listed on that page is a Star Ocean battle system. So, they haven't updated their Twitter, but they are back.
  5. The Resource WIP Thread 3

So, I'm trying to make mostly from scratch sprite for the first time ever (past spriting attempts were frankenspriting. I think it's turning out okay-ish so far for a first try?
  6. RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

So? Side view battles were also a thing you could add with scripts in VX/Ace before MV added them. I don't get why people keep acting like the fact that it could be done with scripts/plugins makes it somehow bad or not noteworthy that they added it.
  7. RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

I honestly like the looks of both the Cover Art and RTP heroes this time. I'm also all here for Reid the gender-bending Isekai protagonist (and honestly I like the art style of the face sets). I do think the effekseer thing is cool, but I still kinda want to know about pixel style animations...
  8. RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

I want to know about pixel style animations too. I like the Time Fantasy set.
  9. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Isn't Zed just an alternative way of pronouncing Z when it's being used as part of the name of something? Kind of like Japanese people pronouncing it Zetto, which is probably the case here too.
  10. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Well, I do hope that the new rtp animations will include more stuff for monster encounters. I don't remember MV or VX/Ace having anything more animalistic like biting and sratching animations or enough animations for negative status effect granting skills. I might be wrong though.
  11. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

I mean, a trailer is still something. It gives us more to pick apart than the screenshots did (even if most of us English speakers can't read it lmao).
  12. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

I think they're at least wise enough not to open pre-orders until they give us something that proves that this engine is actually an improvement over the previous one.
  13. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Yeah, I noticed that too. That doesn't mean it's 100% correct. Though I guess it doesn't matter since the leaks didn't really tell us much anyway. Also I'm sorry Fuzzy. I'm just saying this drip feed feels a little too slow.
  14. Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

I kinda feel like we should've gotten this trailer last week along with the coming soon page. People would've been less annoyed then and we could've gotten the new features this week.
  15. A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

They were called Mapchips in 2k and 2k3 because that's what they're called in Japanese and those makers were only released in English as fan translations until Kodakawa updated them and released them onto steam fairly recently. The fan translators chose to keep that term.
  16. A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Anyway, my predictions are, based on the DLC, that part of why the RTP is bigger this time is because they've added a new theme, specifically Japanese themed RTP alongside the already existing Medieval Fantasy and Sci Fi from MV. This is mainly because of the amount of Japanese themed DLC...
  17. A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Could you please stop? We haven't gotten played or trolled or anything like that. They literally said they were announcing a new rpg maker and then announced it. They could've told us more than they did, but they didn't lie to us or anything. Also stop saying it's another VX Ace. WE DON'T KNOW...
  18. A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

But you need a computer capable of handling 64 bit and mine can only handle 32 bit so I need to buy a new computer.
  19. A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Windows just ended support for Windows 7 this year, so it's not surprising that it doesn't have Windows 7 support. It's a good thing I'm sort of in the process of trying to finally upgrade to Windows 10. Also they're saying the RTP is going to be the biggest they've had in an engine, so that's...
  20. SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

That explanation doesn't really solve the issue of how to actually have them talk to each other. In the games I mentioned, talking to an enemy unit involves having the unit who is capable of convincing them to switch sides stand next to them, which would cause a new menu option labeled something...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur2007