Search results

1. lord_steak

Do you prefer the hot or cold weather?

We're getting our first snow right now.  I love it.  Probably won't stick, but still.
  2. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

@nio kasgami: Looks good so far; the one thing that throws me a bit is the left side of the mouth (from this perspective).  Are the lips slightly apart over there?  I guess that could be an effect of the facial scarring, some pulling of the skin, but it still seems off to me.  The rest of it...
  3. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

I like the Tudor architecture, and think it looks like real-life timber framing with the additional wood beams in it.  If memory serves, the German style of this often had diagonal beams in there, too.  Looking good; keep it up.
  4. lord_steak

Game_Interpreter line 1411 error from a common event

*headdesk* Yeah...that was the problem.  In m' haste and glee at somethin' coming together, I didn't see the glaring mistake...should've put "data_items" instead of "game_items." With that fixed, I see after loading, I'm immediately thrown an error at line 450, likely the forewarned loading...
  5. lord_steak

Game_Interpreter line 1411 error from a common event

A bit thrown by this one, 'specially since the exact same lines worked peach-keen in a parallel process common event. I'm setting up save points, and that a bedroll or tent must be used either there or on the overworld map.  The trouble comes when the item permissions when approaching or...
  6. lord_steak

Some icons, free to a good home

Well, hadn't tried m' hand at robotic anything before, and m' first run definitely looks like a robot arm...but one that does factory work.  Oh well.  Also wasn't sure if you were watching to do a tribute sort of game, or something brand-spankin'-new.  So...based several after something a bit...
  7. lord_steak

And, just for grins, here's a different style of scythe than what's in the original set. Just outta curiosity, is anybody looking for something in particular?  I seem to have a reasonable handle on making these things, and am debating whether or not to take requests.
  8. lord_steak

Granny's Lists - Icons and Balloons

Thanks for including mine in the list, though I don't think they're *all* hospital related, especially after the last group added.
  9. lord_steak

EDIT: what was said here isn't needed after merging threads.
  10. lord_steak

EDIT: after merging threads, most of what was originally said probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I was scrambling to get this done before m' wife and I depart for vacation tomorrow morning...coffee and I will be best pals on the drive north.  Anyways, after completely revamping the...
  11. lord_steak

Family in hospice

5:40pm, my wife's grandfather departed from this world to join Jesus in the next.  We were on our way there when the call came.  He had been comatose for nearly a week, and came to, according to m' mother-in-law, long enough for her to say to him "see you 'round," to which he nodded, and...
  12. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

Alrighty, made a few tweaks.  Couldn't get the red to fall right after adding folds, thus it was scrapped.  And, every shot I've seen of a real person wearing this kind of headdress has the black bands really far up the head like that, even though it looks and seems a bit counter-intuitive. ...
  13. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

@Justin Zalett The ice icon looks like a good, random shard/lump.  Not all ice is pretty, and it's a good run if that's what you're going for. The fire, though...looks a bit like an amoeba.  Might do well to repurpose into an infected state.  Flames, where there's gravity and thus different...
  14. lord_steak

Bypassing battle-ending ME...and hit a snag

Been watching DiamondandPlatinum3's tutorials to learn.  During his vid about aliasing module methods, I saw the elimination of battle BGM, and letting the map BGM keep going.  I thought to m'self take this one step further and do the same for the victory fanfares, since I rather liked how it...
  15. lord_steak

Third damage type?

Frankly, if any monster has any degree of PDR or MDR, and this ability is not to be affected by either, and can still miss, then doing this by elements simply won't cut the mustard, neither will the "certain hit" option.  PDR or MDR, depending on which enemy, will still reduce damage when it...
  16. lord_steak

Third damage type?

Something I'm gonna need for m' project is a third damage type.  As an example of what I mean, there's physical damage from weapons and magic damage from spells, but say the wizards and warriors happen across a psychic...that's a different flavour of damage, methinks.  Something that's resistant...
  17. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

Okay, gave it another shot.  I figure I should use some creative license to have her get exiled and take up the belt as a bit of rebuking those that kicked her out, though I imagine in the real world, stoning is more likely for a woman than exile. Anyways, I updated the niqab so that it doesn't...
  18. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

Most, yes.  Given this gal is one of m' playable characters, I needed something to differentiate her from others wearing an abaya, and thought a simple belt would do the trick.  I'm open to suggestions if you've an idea.
  19. lord_steak

The Resource WIP Thread

ksjp17, thanks for the suggestion.  I used the sprite from People2 in the RTP as a gauging point, and made some adjustments.  Doesn't look like the dye didn't take in place now, I think.  Thoughts about this faithful servant of Allah (take two)?
  20. lord_steak

Generator Parts: Sari & Bindi

Thanks for the feedback.  They do work fine in the Ace generator, and I left the skin tones as such to match the rest of the generator parts, though I might tweak them for personal use (slight increase to saturation, slight decrease to luminosity, and it's pretty close). For saris, the patterns...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle