Search results

1. Valryia

Sprite Art to orient myself towards

I'm in search for good sprite art to draw inspiration from. Currently, the best Art for me is from Terranigma, but i would be delighted to see some other offers. I add this link to have a reference for any users, since uploading spritesheets seem to be forbidden...
  2. Valryia

Great Minds Think Alike and/or We Are All Unoriginal Hacks

Atleast your character has only one, maybe two similar characters in medium, in comparsion to dozens of "rough marines" in shooters.
  3. Valryia

Terrax Lighting system

Greetings, Terrax! For my game i wanted my main character to fall into an mostly dark cave, but then he is surrounded by red eyes. Can i make exceptions for events to be visible in the darkness?
  4. Valryia

Different battle systems

Just as a note, Yanfly will replace Active Time Battle (FF4-9) and Charge Turn Battle (Xenosaga, Atelier Iris 2-3) in the near future, since their tick based systems cause problems with the engine.
  5. Valryia

Games You Love That Everyone Else Hates

When i first played Time&Eternity, i was delighted. An over the shoulder JRPG? With an semi-original battle system, and beautiful drawn characters?! Then when i saw the Metacritic score of Time&Eternity, i was shocked. Lower then Unlimited Saga, one of the worst JRPGs of all time? The heck!
  6. Valryia

Copyright insurance and German RPGMaker devs?

@Plueschkatze I didn't know about itch.io. And i just need to talk about this with the finance office, or how does that work?
  7. Valryia

@PandaMaru Thanks, i will keep that in mind.
  8. Valryia

@PandaMaru You really calmed down my paranoia there, thanks.
  9. Valryia

@PandaMaru @Andar I have this situation in my head: - I make a graphic (for example). - someone else steals that graphic, uses it in their game - when my game comes out, they say that i stole their assets Is that paranoid? Probably. I want to be sure, though. @Andar There is nothing else i need...
  10. Valryia

Greetings, everyone. After unsuccessfully trying to inform myself about my problem, i wanted to try on these forums. Sorry if these questions were asked already, i couldn't find anything. First, is there a way to test my game - by another party - to prove that my game doesn't infringe any...
  11. Valryia

Video Game Music literature, etc.

@KayZamanSadly, i can't compare it to your programm since i don't own it. Everything is so expensive... @HexMozart88 Is this some kind of translation mixup? When i wrote "Literature" i mean "books to learn about making videogame music".
  12. Valryia

@HexMozart88 I clarified the opening for you.
  13. Valryia

Greetings, everyone. It is important to make good video game music, but my expertise is... subpar. That's why want to ask about recommended video game music literature / videos / similar (to make music). EDIT: Literature means "Books about making video gamemusic". I use fruity loops...
  14. Valryia

Opinion on Plagiarism

Great, such a thread already exists. I'm a worrywat and need some insight on the subject. If i make anything, may it be a graphic or music, and it turns out that someone else made something that has varying degrees of similarity to my own work and accuses me of plagiarism, what do i do? I...
  15. Valryia

Difficulty Settings, practical solution

@Alexander Amnell Balancing the game more then once is a daunting task - which is why i opt to not change the base change upon difficulty change, but instead giving my enemies a new attack / defense - it is simpler, while increasing the strategic implications much more. You see, my goal is to...
  16. Valryia

1. It will be more fancy then that of course. "Will you release the evil to make your quest harder, but also more fruitful?" The increment in difficulty won't increase basic stats (mostly), but gives enemies new attacks and defenses and allows for completly new enemies to show up. If they can do...
  17. Valryia

The crux of difficulty levels. The player doesn't know which to choose. And how could he? He hasn't played the game before. Even worse if they have to prove themselves towards others. So, i decided to give the player the option after an introductionary sequence, but in a more practical way -...
  18. Valryia

Unbeatable battles, yay or nay?

Tropes are tools. It depends on how you use them. There are two things very important to use this particular tool well: Minimum gain and absolute defeat. As i minimum gain example, let's take Beatrix in FFIX. Why? Because you were able to steal something (good) from her, making the battle not...
  19. Valryia

Opinions and Question...?

l-Rare drops... should normal monsters drop them or only bosses and what should the rates be? With Yanfly's plugins, conditional drops are possible, making chance based drops a thing of the past. ll-Lower end game HP with low damage or 10 trillion HPs and hit 999 quadrillion? Stats...
  20. Valryia

Repeatable Quests / Boss Farming

@BigToastie I give you a small example on how to implement extra difficulty modes with some style. A inactive (at first) Securityrobot inside a (enemy or friendly) factory. The player can choose to switch the energy stations on to increase the "available power" (aka HP). Or he could find/make...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakshitkaneki