Search results

1. Smarter AI

It works ! I can't thank you enough for your help, ♥SOURCE♥. This solves a bunch of my problems. I'll be sure to include you in the credits. Thanks again !
  2. Smarter AI

Then you could do something like the following in a Parallel Process event: use a Call Script command and write: if @chase_player_x != $game_player.x || @chase_player_y != $game_player.y @chase_player_x = $game_player.x @chase_player_y = $game_player.y...
  3. Variables Problem : RMVX doesn't recognize actor parameters ?

Wow, thanks for the speedy replies, you guys ! I've tried it with states, as you suggested, For anyone wondering, I've set the DEF to 1%, and put it back to normal when they take heroin. So all's good and well. Thank you for clearing up what variables were all about. As for your solution...
  4. Smarter AI

No problem :D thanks for trying anyway.
  5. Variables Problem : RMVX doesn't recognize actor parameters ?

Hello again ! I'm sorry if I'm hogging the forums, but this is a beloved project of mine and I'm something of a beginner in RPG Maker. As you can see in the file attached, I've got a parallel process common event that's supposed to mimic the effects of withdrawal. I know I've done the switches...
  6. Smarter AI

That looks awesome RaZzi ! Unfortunately, I need it for VX. Can you adapt it, or is it too much work ? Oh, and do you know if your event will chase the player even at a long distance ? Because that's the problem I'm having. If I make an event appear and the player is, say, 100 tiles away, then...
  7. Smarter AI

Hello everyone ! I'm making a game in VX where there are several chase scenes. Now, the thing is, when I set the movement route to "approach", the enemies will chase me. But the problem is that if I'm too far away, they start to act really stupid, either not moving at all or getting stuck in...
  8. Determine lead actor in RMVX ?

It works perfectly ! Thank you Shaz, once again you solved a stupid problem of mine. This topic can be closed.
  9. Determine lead actor in RMVX ?

Thank you Shaz, you beautiful lovable ! Now do I need a script call or a conditional branch or a variable to implement it with my mechanic ? To explain myself, there are four effects : a progressive tint screen (which is easy and can be applied to the whole party), a slow-motion effect (there's...
  10. Slo-mo Script

Hello. Sorry for necroposting, but I need to know : Is there a way to make the player character be faster (or slower) than the rest of the world ?
  11. Determine lead actor in RMVX ?

Bump because I really, really need some advice. Sorry if I'm obnoxious :(
  12. Bigger event collision ?

Yep, it's for a moving event. Well, thanks anyway. If you ever get around to finishing it please let me know. I guess I could always make a puzzle using the 32x32 standard tiles, but if someone is willing to make a script it'd be cool.
  13. Bigger event collision ?

Hello, This is my first time posting a script request. I've tried to get the hang of RGSS2 using turorials, but it's quite hard :( So anyway, I'd be forever grateful if someone could make a script that would allow events to detect based not just on one tile, but on the whole graphic. I've...
  14. Determine lead actor in RMVX ?

Hey all, it's me again. I'm making a game where there's a drug mechanic, now the drug would have to be useable only by the party leader. Also, since there's a common event that controls the effects of the drug each time it is used, I need a way to determine who is the leader exactly. I know in...
  15. Weird autonomous movement issue

Still doesn't work, even after I do this. What am I doing wrong ? If it's the coordinates, I still don't know what comes first on the map, X or Y. If it's something to do with the switch at the beginning, I've tested another switch on the same page and it works fine. EDIT : Nvm, I figured it...
  16. Weird autonomous movement issue

@Andar All right, this is the common event I came up with ("the other cell" being a switch that turns on at the beginning of the map). Yet it still doesn't work. Am I getting the coordinates wrong ? Or maybe something in the guard's event ? @bgillisp I wish I could use those scripts, but I'm...
  17. Weird autonomous movement issue

Thanks for your reply. Here are some screenshots of one of the (many) events surrounding my guard. They indeed all have the same function, but they're activated by player contact.
  18. Weird autonomous movement issue

Thanks a lot. It didn't work, but at least you tried.
  19. Weird autonomous movement issue

Thanks, but what exactly do you mean ? Do you mean to put nothing on page one except the graphic ? That wouldn't trigger anything, though, right ? It'd be cool if there was a solution to this "through" problem, though.
  20. Weird autonomous movement issue

@bgillisp Thanks, but I actually do want those guards standing around. @Andar I did your method, and indeed, it seems they couldn't pass through the barrier of events I created. However now, I have the problem of actually making them touch the player. If I check "through", they don't touch him.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SakuSaku