Search results

1. somenick

RMMV Galactic 123 Online - Browser Game

Galactic 123 Online is a free web browser RPG that I have been creating. It plays in the web browser at https://galactic123.net All that is needed is the creation of a login and a password.
  2. somenick

Having BOTH visual encounters and random encounters

I am playing with the idea of featuring BOTH types of encounters. Granted, on most normal maps, it would only be visible encounters, but on maps with very tall grass / foggy climate / poor visibility conditions / extremely rainy places, I might also add random encounters. (Maybe hero characters...
  3. somenick

Parallax Background Image Resizing in RM MV?

Hello. Im not sure exactly where to post this question, so apologies beforehand if wrong forum. Im working on some project that may involve some parallax images. If I place a small parallax image on a map, it will repeat itself, as expected. Is there a known way to make the parallax image...
  4. somenick

Guns

Hi. I want to mention sort of an idea I had for guns in a scifi game I'm working on. You tell me if it sounds interesting or not. Here I go: In my game, each character can have two weapons. A melee one, that is used when the player selects 'Attack', and a gun weapon. Attack makes the player...
  5. somenick

If I buy VN Maker can I use its graphics and sounds/musics in RPG Maker MV? (Which I bought)

Can I legally use VN Maker resources in RPG Maker MV? * I bought RPM Maker MV here. * I might buy VN Maker from Steam, to take advantage of some giftcard balance.
  6. somenick

Is there a method in RMMV to load a specific save game file?

Is there a method in RMMV to load a specific save game file? I mean, for example, you walk up to some event and interact with it, and it will run a script... Is it possible to, say, load save game file 1 (slot 1)?
  7. somenick

Kill a boss monster in one shot?

Hi. I'd like to know what you think of a mechanic I have been implementing in a game I am developing. It is a fairly huge game, and it is possible to find optional secret characters for your party. One such character is a sorceress that has, maybe, four or five spells, tops, but boy do they...
  8. somenick

I need help with my final dungeon

OK. Basically, my game is divided in 3 acts. It is a scifi plot set in space, and it revolves around hunting down an arms dealer. Act 1 - You kind of have to duke it out on a medieval-ish planet before you get travelling among the stars. There are plot reasons that require to accomplish...
  9. somenick

Steemit, social network that pays you for writing wathever you want

I wanted to share this information. There is a site, Steemit (dot Com), which is a social network that pays you for writing whatever you want. RPG maker articles are perfectly valid. They pay you in a currency known as STEEM, which can later be converted to Bitcoin at various sites (Poloniex...
  10. somenick

Here, I contribute some monster images for you

Hello! I did some recoloring of RPG Maker MV's monster characters, to spice up variety a bit. Feel free to use in both commercial and non commercial games. No need to give credits. Place in /characters folder. Since the original images were made by Enterbrain, their terms apply. Enjoy! -...
  11. somenick

Galactic 123

Galactic 123   This will be a fairly short RPG game, possible to complete in under 7 hours or so.  It is the adventure of 4 broke space adventurers who learn about a treasure in a ruin located in an undeveloped planet.  There will be a deeper plot but not yet fully shown or featured in this...
  12. somenick

How many people here use or know about Bitcoin?

Hello! Just out of pure curiosity, how many of you here use or know about Bitcoin?   I got into it (a bit as a hobby) in early 2014.  How about DogeCoin? (an alt-coin that can be exchanged for bitcoin).  Just wondered if this subject is widely known within the RPG Maker community, nothing more.  :)
  13. somenick

If I use side combat view, do I still need both sets of enemy batter sprites???

In RPG Maker MV, if I use side combat view, do I still need both sets of enemy batter sprites    ( img/enemies and img/sv_enemies )   ???   Or is it safe to leave the img/enemies directory empty? Thanks for any insight. 
  14. somenick

RPGMaker MV Mac OS

Does RPG Maker MV work with Mac OS yet? Or do I need to use Steam version?  I tried getting it on Steam but only option it gives me is to "Buy", even though I already have an RPG Maker MV key (initially bought here for Windows over a year ago).
  15. somenick

Is there a way to automatically skip the main menu?

Is there a way to automatically skip the main menu?  Depending on certain types of games being developed, I may not want or need a "New Game" or "Continue" option, so... Is it possible to make a game jump automatically into the starting map right away, and simply skip the main menu?
  16. somenick

Does YouTube prevent monetization of gameplay videos?

Does YouTube prevent monetization of gameplay videos of games made with RPGMaker? YouTube often disables monetization on anything they think has copyright protection, so maybe the RTP or RPGMaker musics may trip this... Anyone has any experience on this?
  17. somenick

RMMV Tileset Question

Hi!  I have a question about RPG Maker MV tilesets.  I have noticed that if I place a tile from the B tab I can also place another tile above it from the C tab and it all stacks up (like I first put a window from tileset B then I cover it with a flag from tileset C).  Even B tiles seem to stack...
  18. somenick

Is it safe to use larger map sizes like 200x200?

Is it safe to use larger map sizes like 200x200 tiles in RPGMaker MV?  I read somewhere that max map size is 256x256.  For me thats fine.  But some people mentioned stability issues even with maps at 100x50 or wathever. But it was months ago, early year.  Did the 1.3.1 patch improve this?  I...
  19. somenick

I have RMXP, RMVXAce and RMMV. Can I combine resources?

Hi   I have RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX Ace, and RPG Maker MV.  I have bought all three software.  Can I use XP and Ace images in my RM MV games?  How about musics? (I have format converters etc).   If yes, can I comercially sell such a game made with RM MV?
  20. somenick

Can I write an eBook about RPG Maker?

Deleted

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)
What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Journey_Sticks