Search results

1. Idril

Question

Unless I'm incredibly mistaken, those are Avery's icons - you can find her thread here and they are safe to use.
  2. Idril

i don't play horror games yet i suddenly have the urge to make one :unsure: dont know if i...

i don't play horror games yet i suddenly have the urge to make one :unsure: dont know if i should roll with it or just ignore my mind's crazy ideas
  3. Idril

To Windows 10 or not to Windows 10?

My family's shared desktop computer ran on Windows 7 for years, then spluttered out with a motherboard failure. Prior to that it had gone through weeks of attempted forced Windows 10 updates (we hadn't even signed up to reserve a copy, but it had been trying to update it for some reason). So I'd...
  4. Idril

How do you start playing a game?

I usually save first thing, even if nothing has happened (particularly if the intro movie was really long and unskippable). So that means I usually get a glimpse of the menu, but I exit out right after saving, I don't play around. I usually just adjust my volume on my headphones or device...
  5. Idril

Let's share our PC specs!

CPU: Intel Core i3-4010U @1.70GHz GPU: Intel HD 4400 RAM: 4GB DDR3L SDRAM HDD: 750GB OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit It's not fancy - this is basically everything it came with when I bought it. I've only had it since August 2014 and already I've had the HDD replaced, as it went and died on me...
  6. Idril

Happy Mother's Day!! :)

Happy Mother's Day!! :)
  7. Idril

Earthquake Opening Scene

You're welcome, glad I could help! And since you asked I'll just leave this here - You can play around with the shake screen settings and anything else for that matter. Just make sure you put in another wait command afterward the shake screen for almost as long as the shake command, because...
  8. Idril

Golden Week Tutorial: Ordered Switch Puzzle

Even easier than either of these methods, use one variable. Add one to this variable every time another switch is flipped that is the next in the sequence. If you flip a switch out of order, reset the variable to 0. On each switch put a conditional branch - IF variable = 4 THEN turn on switch to...
  9. Idril

Earthquake Opening Scene

Database? You don't need to use the database for this - you just need to use an event. Put an event on the map with your character in bed - put it in the corner somewhere where your character can't go. In that event, put the condition as "autorun" - you can find that down in the lower-left...
  10. Idril

struck by a car

MV has the page condition "on player touch", right? Just put that as the condition on the car event, instead of "action button", and then on the event page put whatever you want it to do.
  11. Idril

I'd be glad to check it out, though my comments probably won't come until Tuesday as I'll be out...

I'd be glad to check it out, though my comments probably won't come until Tuesday as I'll be out for a bit tomorrow. I'll also send over some comments on the game thread later today, once I get them all articulated and typed out :)
  12. Idril

I can be pretty honest - what do you need someone to look at, your game synopsis/thread/etc or...

I can be pretty honest - what do you need someone to look at, your game synopsis/thread/etc or the game itself? I'd be up for either but I don't have much time to play games so the latter might take some time.
  13. Idril

How much would you pay for music?

Not that I have the funds, but I would definitely pay much more for music custom-made for my game than I would for music that anyone could buy. As others have said, $1 - $2 a track if anyone can have it, but if it's unique, even $20 and up per minute seems reasonable. After all, it's someone...
  14. Idril

Mugかぶり Character portraits

These are amazing!! :D I love your art <3
  15. Idril

May Goals & Progress Thread

Oh, gosh, May already - where did the time go? I can't remember what my goals for last month were, and I'm too lazy to look, so time for new goals out-of-the-blue. For the McKinley Files - Make sitting sprites and NPCs for the prologue Clean up the prologue cutscenes Start inputting...
  16. Idril

Can you use quotes you find on the internet?

This might be a good read for you - https://janefriedman.com/permissions/ It's meant for authors but it should apply to games as well, I don't see why they'd be any different in this respect.
  17. Idril

How does the DMV manage to take the worst pictures ever? :unsure:

How does the DMV manage to take the worst pictures ever? :unsure:
  18. Idril

Website for Commercial Use

As Shaz said, commercial website =/= handling payments yourself/relying on no one else for a store. You could just set up your actual payment processing through a company and then set up your website. The commercial vs noncommercial aspect really depends on a few factors - Do you want your own...
  19. Idril

that's pretty funny :D I was wondering why you wrote streaming water - it seemed so out of place

that's pretty funny :D I was wondering why you wrote streaming water - it seemed so out of place
  20. Idril

I watched some of his videos a long time ago and I didn't really like them. Plus he plays mostly...

I watched some of his videos a long time ago and I didn't really like them. Plus he plays mostly horror, which is not my forte. No idea what he's like outside of his Let's Plays, although I do follow his girlfriend Marzia's channel (she does fashion and recipes and stuff) and he seems pretty...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.
Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SIDAHMED