Search results

1. Seacliff

Join in the creation of RMN Music Pack 2

Unfortunately, no. There is a link to a license at the bottom of the page for the first release. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
  2. Seacliff

Event One Map Game Challenge

Just coming back here to see if there are any new submittals, I personally can't believe it's been over a year since my submission. I think it could be fun for the community to make a list of small self-imposed challenges like this one. It's a great way for people getting started with the...
  3. Seacliff

Maze-Like Dungeons? Is it outdated? How to modernize?

For the older DS games, definitely not, but EO4 and later they definitely lean towards the first. Like in EO4 you got: -A forest where you lead bears to passages so they break the way forward. -A misty maze, but involves moving to one side of the map to appear on the other side. -A cave where...
  4. Seacliff

9 also really highlights some of the bigger issues with 8, like killing off Snoke way too early...

9 also really highlights some of the bigger issues with 8, like killing off Snoke way too early when he was hyped up to be the Palpatine of that saga.
  5. Seacliff

What about Attack of the Clones? I think the prequel trilogy is underrated to a degree, but I...

What about Attack of the Clones? I think the prequel trilogy is underrated to a degree, but I think the low points meet the same low points of the current trilogy.
  6. Seacliff

Maze-Like Dungeons? Is it outdated? How to modernize?

While broad, I think most games prioritize in one of several kinds of dungeon archetypes. First are the more gimmicky dungeons. Not simply puzzles, but some kind of overarching mechanic that expands in complexity throughout a dungeon. (Etrian Odyssey, Persona 5, Golden Sun) Second is something...
  7. Seacliff

What game was way better on a specific platform????

A lot of times it's related to the use of DRM, which does hinder the performance of games. Other times it has to do with Windows being a rather clunky Operating System.
  8. Seacliff

Announcement Community News - December 17, 2019

Been around since the original forum theme. While this theme could still use a few tweaks (don't personally care for the hovering messages) this is visually my favorite update to the forums yet. Very sleek. Great way to move into the next decade.
  9. Seacliff

You're getting Coal. He noticed your furnace was low on fuel and doesn't want you to freeze over...

You're getting Coal. He noticed your furnace was low on fuel and doesn't want you to freeze over the winter. He's looking out for you.
  10. Seacliff

Far from a new idea, actually, but it works really well for games with larger parties and no...

Far from a new idea, actually, but it works really well for games with larger parties and no reserve-character exp.
  11. Seacliff

Is YanFly Still Around? Dead links all over website

Also should add becoming a $5 patron will grant you access to the whole library. Though I'm confused why they have that as an option alongside the $30 pack. Altruism aside, what's stopping anyone from becoming a patron for just a month and downloading everything for 83% less?
  12. Seacliff

Are there times when you feel a little too old for this? (Making games)

I don't. If anything, the more I dig into the potential of Turn-Based combat as a gameplay mechanic the more I realized what I fool I was as a teen thinking making one was simply the was the easy way out for creating games. RPG Maker is "simple enough for a child to use", which I believe was...
  13. Seacliff

The RPG Maker Meme Thread

If you're referring to derailing into a discussion, then I definitely agree. But it's natural for memes to commentate on the current hot topics. If the issue is that there are too many memes about Yanfly... I don't think it will take over this thread for more than another week. To prevent this...
  14. Seacliff

Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

Regardless of whatever programing they use, be it Javascript, Ruby, Lua, C++, or even freaking Assembly... It would be nice to open and modify the source code for plugins in-engine again (with a 'find all' command too), just like scripts, rather than having to open up a separate text file...
  15. Seacliff

lol same. I wished for enough sleeping and ended up sleeping for nearly 10 hours. Thankfully, I...

lol same. I wished for enough sleeping and ended up sleeping for nearly 10 hours. Thankfully, I wasn't late for anything.
  16. Seacliff

Keeping the gameplay fresh

Don't rely on it all the way, but try creating a larger variety of states, preferably ones that encourage the players to engage in the opportunity cost of taking a turn to heal or not healing, and would change how the player approaches combat when inflicted. It could be simple stuff like Double...
  17. Seacliff

"Don't go here yet." or Extremely Blatant Roadblocks

Just jumping straight to the end of this thread. But maybe the best way to handle roadblocks in a traditional RPG is to actively have the player solve the roadblock itself, the worst kind of roadblocks are the ones that have no ties to the main story itself "ie: Bridge fell down, I'll fix it by...
  18. Seacliff

Heartbeat is being brigaded

It's not even the only thing 41% off...
  19. Seacliff

Full 360-degree movement as opposed to 8 directions for movement and 4 directions for attacking.

Full 360-degree movement as opposed to 8 directions for movement and 4 directions for attacking.
  20. Seacliff

What are you tired of seeing in RPG Maker games?

I'm going to take a different approach for this thread, or at least post how I thought this thread was intending to ask before reading the comments. These are things I that I either don't find inherently bad, just overdone. Or decent intentions that are misunderstood. -Linear weapon power...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.
Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baldren