Search results

1. GoodSelf

I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to...

I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.
  2. GoodSelf

Solarus quest as a alternative to RPGMaker

It looks like it's just advertising to make Zelda clones, although It seems like it can be used for more. The sheer amount of fan games and use of Zelda in the engines advertising is worrisome. It doesn't look like this is affiliated with Nintendo at all. I'll stick to MV :)
  3. GoodSelf

@ImaginaryVillain I'm a little too far into production I think to implement it, it might work...

@ImaginaryVillain I'm a little too far into production I think to implement it, it might work. Maybe I'll make 2 separate demos.
  4. GoodSelf

I'm in love with how it looks especially with the way my game functions. However, it does limit...

I'm in love with how it looks especially with the way my game functions. However, it does limit design somewhat due to passability issues, and it would require me to redesign some other mechanics. On top of that, I would only really use it because it looks awesome. It doesn't really add anything...
  5. GoodSelf

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
  6. GoodSelf

Babel - program cutscenes from a text file

This is really creative. Nice work!
  7. GoodSelf

Arcade-Style Town Theme Request - Music

Just your friendly neighborhood bump to see if anyone is willing to help re-create this tune! I can offer help with eventing in return, or compose a midi track in the same style as the the preview. Thanks again!
  8. GoodSelf

What are the most common traps newbie developers tend to fall for while making a project?

Here's a big one - knowing when to scrap ideas. My example, I wanted an enemy to follow the player around the map as an added obstacle, however this mechanic would interfere with other systems going on, and as much as I loved the idea and what I could do with it, I decided to scrap it. Knowing...
  9. GoodSelf

RMMV Enemy Movement Types (Clashing when used together?)

Hello beautiful people! So, in my game, you don't fight enemies in the traditional RPG Style. Instead, you must avoid their predetermined movements. This allows the player to learn their patterns and avoid them. Here is my little issue that I'm hoping to get some feedback on: how do you feel...
  10. GoodSelf

This happened to me a week ago, luckily I had a 5 day old backup. Moral of the story is it can...

This happened to me a week ago, luckily I had a 5 day old backup. Moral of the story is it can happen to anyone, so we need to back up our projects daily!
  11. GoodSelf

[SOLVED]Help using YEP_SlipperyTiles

I checked the plugin like 5 times to see if I was missing anything. Maybe I have another plugin that's causing it to act weird? I'm really not sure what was happening. It's working fine now though, so, if it works don't question it! XD
  12. GoodSelf

[SOLVED]Help using YEP_SlipperyTiles

Hello all! I have the ice slide puzzles in my game (go figure), and I'm using the YEP_Slippery Tiles plugin. However, as my character is sliding, I still can use the arrow keys to change their direction, completely breaking the puzzle. I tried setting Direction Fix on while the player was...
  13. GoodSelf

Satoya's Artwork

These are beautiful, such high quality work! I would love to see your process from start to finish.
  14. GoodSelf

Light The Flames - Puzzle Help

Hello friends! I was hoping to get some feedback and ideas from all of you beautiful people. This is a simple idea I had for a puzzle mechanic within my game, and I was wondering what additions you all would suggest to make it more dynamic and interesting. So, the idea is simple. There is a...
  15. GoodSelf

Who said you needed the engine to design puzzles? Working hard while hardly working at my 9-5...

Who said you needed the engine to design puzzles? Working hard while hardly working at my 9-5.
  16. GoodSelf

One of these days I'm actually gonna make a RPG game with RPG Maker instead of fiddling with...

One of these days I'm actually gonna make a RPG game with RPG Maker instead of fiddling with puzzles and house customization.
  17. GoodSelf

Yes @TheoAllen I was making stellar progress, and now I can't create a single puzzle level. I...

Yes @TheoAllen I was making stellar progress, and now I can't create a single puzzle level. I think one of the hardest things is getting MV to do what I want it to do. I'm struggling cause the puzzle revolves around an Autorun event that controls enemy movement, and I also want "Below Character...
  18. GoodSelf

That's......that's incredible....

That's......that's incredible....
  19. GoodSelf

The hardest part about designing a logic puzzle system is actually trying to come up with...

The hardest part about designing a logic puzzle system is actually trying to come up with creative puzzles that for the most part have the same rules.
  20. GoodSelf

Is it RPG maker community worthy if you take out the RPG Battle part of it?

The game that I'm working on right now does not have a battle system at all. Just write the story that you want to tell, and people will follow.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.
Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xspot